We're here! Bit of a live TR!

alibeau

DIS Veteran
Flew MAN to MCO today with VA in PE. Great flight but it did seem to drag slightly compared to usual :confused3 Watched two movies, crew great, flight was 8hrs 30mins.

The pilot warned us that the jumbo from gatwick was close behind us and to get through to immigration ASAP. Well we were pretty much first off the plane and then our trip through the airport was much like an Olympic event and had it been, I think we would have won gold!! We were second in line at the immigration hall, the officers are always so serious to begin with but then we had a bit of a giggle with him in the end! Dumped our cases for the second baggage reclaim. Cases came though in record time, straight to DE, again super quick, Chevvy Traverse, we were out of MCO in record time :thumbsup2

Drove to villa on Formosa Gardens, we have stayed in this one twice previously so it's home from home. Weather hot and muggy! Went to Bob Evans for a quick meal! A few bits from Winn Dixie and we are now relaxing back at the villa with a beer!

It's the first time that the girls have been a real help with the unpacking :thumbsup2 they are still up, not sure how as we were up at 5am and it is now 2am UK time :lmao: very busy setting up their Lego!

No plans for tomorrow, will update if we do anything of interest!

Oh one final thing, bit of celeb spotting, we sat by Robbie Fowler and his family on the flight!!!

Bye for now.

Ali :goodvibes

This happened to us once, legged it off PE as the gatwick plane was behind, and got through immigration very quickly!! we had Paul Burrell sitting in front of us :blush:
If your using winn dixie you can sign up for a reward card, gets you discounts on certain things in the shop and its free
https://www.winndixie.com/SR/Reward Card/Default.aspx
you can do the same also in vitamin world if you ever go there.
enjoy your first day!!! :beach:

Morning :goodvibes

DH is busy texting all his pals about our celeb spotting, the whole 'God' thing went straight over my head I'm afraid until DH explained :lmao:

Girls stayed up til 9pm local time and we managed it til 10pm, all awake at 7am so we are just catching up on a few work emails (as you can see :lmao:) and then an early dart to Super Target.... Then the rest of the day will be spent in the pool I think :cheer2:

Netty, thanks for the Winn Dixie link, I have just signed up now and used the villa address, hope this works or perhaps I should ask instore :confused3 Anyway we tend to do our big shops at Super Target or Walmart and only get bits from WD but even so, every penny helps!! :thumbsup2

Took this photo of our pool last night (my first attempt at uploading so pls bear with me......)

you can sign up in the shop!
I used our uk address
sorry your photo cant be seen!!!

Well I'm afraid we haven't achieved very much today!! We all walked aimlessly around Super Target, only got half the stuff on our list, must be jet lag :lmao:

Tried the new Logan's Roadhouse for lunch, very nice, it only opened on Monday, we shared onion petals and mushrooms to start, pic attached I hope, the bucket was pretty much full of onion petals but we had already tucked in by the time I remembered to take a pic ;). Brilliant service, our youngest only drinks water or occasionally milk and they did not serve bottled water. I'm still unsure to this day as to whether she would have been ok with tap water :confused3 Anyway much to our delight the server returned to our table shortly into our meal with a bottle of water, she had sent her colleague out to Publix to buy a small bottle of water for our DD, no charge!

We didn't realise before our visit how 'peanut orientated' Logan's was. On the table was a big bucket of monkey nuts, the idea being you tuck in and throw the shells on the floor!! Both our girls have a mild peanut allergy :scared1: so we didn't touch the nuts of course!

The food was delicious, for mains DH had a deluxe burger, girls had chicken tenders and I had a salmon caesar salad, all very nice indeed. I'm afraid we had eaten most of it before realising I hadn't taken a pic :lmao:

So after such a large lunch we are all a bit bloated, currently sat by our pool, it is hot, muggy and raining! We're waiting to see what the weather does before deciding if we will do much else today!

Bye for now.

Ps I seem to have mastered thumbnails, is there a better way of doing things though?

I love Logans on the 192, where is the new one??
I'm looking forward to going back to Orlando ale house on this next trip to!
what are your plans for tomorrow

Glad you are having a good holiday. Way to go on the immigration sprint :goodvibes

We are staying at Windsor Hills at Christmas, so not a million miles away.

Loving your updates so far!
Im so glad that you didnt end up stuck in a line behind the Jumbo passangers after that long flight:crazy2:

I have never been to Logans but my in-laws after holidaying with us for our wedding at Disney decided to go back again with Dh sister brother in-law and her teen children and they showed us loads of pics of that place and ones with the nut shells all over the floor! they ate there quite a bit and said how much they enjoyed the place, Now they know that im a real fuss pot when it comes to restaurents and that the place has to be clean and nice for me to even think about eating there amd so I was so mortified as my 1st thought when they showed my the 1st few pics was that the place was filthy i mean how on earth could they have so much on the floor!! and the waitress NOT notice and clean it up :rotfl2:..
None of them decided to explain that its what they do at that restaurent and kept saying that it was where they recomended that Dh takes me when we go next time,I was thinking over my dead body and it wasnt until I came on DIS boards that i realised the trick they had been playing on me!".

Anyways hope the rain clears up and that you dont get too much of that for too long each day while your there,Pic of the pool looks fab :thumbsup2

Thanks for your replies :goodvibes

Last night we ended up going to Premium Outlets Mall, really pleased as I got two pairs of my favourite Levi's :thumbsup2. DH then helped the girls find some clip on earrings in Claire's accessories (not overly happy about that as they look way too grown up for my liking!!) Our eldest knows she won't be getting her ears pierced for a good few years yet but I think she feels like she has won a small victory with these clip ons ;)

So to today, awake early again, 7am, still a bit tired so we had a lazy morning and caught up on a few work emails etc. We went Mall crazy today. We started at millenia as we really wanted to try the cheesecake factory for the first time and it did not disappoint! Gorgeous!

DH had orange chicken.

I had herb crusted salmon salad.

Eldest DD had pasta.

And youngest DD had southern chicken sliders.

We all really enjoyed our meals. Girls did not fancy dessert :confused3 but DH and I felt it would be rude to visit and not at least try a piece of cheesecake :rolleyes1 so we shared a piece of chocolate mousse cheesecake :thumbsup2

We had a quick look around the shops but they are all a bit posh for us :lmao: so we didn't stay long and then headed to the Florida Mall via the Adidas shop on International Drive. Oh, did I mention that we also called in at the Premium Outlet on ID also!! Eldest DD got a pair of crocs for $10, result :thumbsup2

Managed to dodge a rain storm at the Florida Mall, popped into McDonald's (I did not partake!) on the way home and dived into Super Target as youngest DD was desperate to buy a Lego Bat Cave!!!!

Absolutely shattered so off to bed shortly. Defo some pool time tomorrow!

Oh Netty, Logan's is down at the west end of the 192, by super target, millers, longhorn steakhouse and olive garden.......

Not much to report today, spent most of the day in the pool and then a trip out to the Olive Garden, Nike Store and Walmart....

Took some pics of our food in the Olive Garden, must remember to take the pics BEFORE we start to eat :rotfl2: Food was beautiful but service was pretty slow, luckily we weren't in any hurry!!

I had a salad to start and DH ordered a flat bread, both were yummy.

Girls had chicken tenders and pasta.

DH had chicken scampi on angel hair pasta.

I had pasta alfredo with prawns and scallops.

DH was still hungry and so ordered chocolate cake!

Popped to the 'Redbox' at Winn Dixie to hire a couple of dvd's :thumbsup2

Will probably make it to a park before the week is out, just enjoying dossing about at the mo :thumbsup2

TTFN.

Sounds like you are having a great trip :)
The right mix of shopping, eating and relaxing in my opinion!!
Have fun :)

Have a great time!!

Keep a look out for DD and her husband.
She's a tall thin longhaired blonde and her husband is shorter than she is with very short dark hair

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi again!

Another kind of lazy day! Pool all morning and then out for late lunch/early tea to TGI Fridays, very pleasantly surprised :)

I had chicken skewers to start.

These were served on 1/4 pitta breads, really lovely.

DH had Jack Daniels sesame chicken strips.

For main I had pecan crusted chicken salad.

And DH had Chicken strips.

Girls had hamburger and pasta.

Then we ventured to US to activate our new AP's. Had a good walk round, bit too hot for us really so we grabbed a bench and sat down with a cold drink and people watched until some clouds rolled in! Only did Twister, most other waits were over 30mins in which case we don't bother, we will call back later in our visit.
Managed to take shelter for a heavy downpour and then headed home. Fabulous lightening storm in the distance at the mo.

Sorry my reports aren't that exciting :goodvibes we just like to take things at a steady pace these days :thumbsup2

Your reports are great!
I love that you are taking things at a slightly slower pace and it sounds like you are having a great holiday :)

If your using winn dixie you can sign up for a reward card, gets you discounts on certain things in the shop and its free
https://www.winndixie.com/SR/Reward Card/Default.aspx
you can do the same also in vitamin world if you ever go there.
enjoy your first day!!! :beach:

Thanks for this, we're staying nr Formosa Gardens too; so with 12 of us this will be really handy!

Alibeau, keep the restaurant reccomendations coming:), we've already got Logans on our list & have a great holiday. Mine have grown out of Lego now- but I still love the stuff, so if you haven't got room to take it home leave round the corner for me;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter