We're here! Bit of a live TR!

We bought AP at KSC one year, how much was the difference? I think it was about $10 to upgrade the year we did it.

We haven't been to KSC for years, we must get back one day
Love the breakfasts at Bob Evans :goodvibes

I think it was $13 per adult to upgrade to AP's. No brainer for us as with arriving late we knew we would definitely visit again :thumbsup2

Yes the weather is typical August weather, hot, humid, sunny with rain showers later on :thumbsup2 I love the lightening storms :thumbsup2

Having said that, it is a little overcast this morning which suits me fine, I don't come away to get a tan these days, I spend most of my time trying not to :lmao:

Ali :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed KSC - AP seems a great deal.

Last time we went to kennedy DD was a toddler - we took her in the imax she put her glasses on and whilst waiting for the film to start kept saying "mickey come on!" thinkinking she was in philamagic - everyone nearby fell about laughing.

Well best laid plans and all that....

It is currently chucking it down, heaviest rain yet, lightening too. It could well be clear over at Legoland but it just seems a bit crazy to venture out in this weather at the mo....

Will sit tight and see how it goes....

F63C1E92-0FBB-49B5-A4E7-80090C108013-255-00000039CA2B0AED.jpg
[/IMG]

Ali :-)

strangely I really like the downpours and thunder and lightening in Orlando:thumbsup2..hate it at home..I suppose you know they are going to go at some point that day and then its beautiful again..unlike here where it could be rain for weeks or indeed months:)

Enjoying your trippie..:goodvibes

Wow - that rain! :eek: An excuse to chill though :)

Hi guys,

So the rain didn't really ease up at all so we decided to have an early meal out and went back to the Olive Garden. Again another lovely meal. I had a salad and the rest had bread.....

hols
[/URL][/IMG]

For mains, girls had pasta Alfredo with chicken, DH had a pizza and I had a sirloin with Parmesan crust, asparagus and garlic mash, yum!

For a change from diet coke I tried a bella limonata (non alcoholic) which was gorgeous!

We then popped to Celebration for the girls to have a look in the Sanrio (hello kitty) shop and then onto Old Town to the team sports store. We then ventured to premium outlets on I Drive as DH had spotted a pair of sunglasses there.

By now I had a headache coming on so we came home via Olive Garden (we had left our brolly there!) and Winn Dixie (just to grab some fresh bread).....

So I'm going to put my feet up now and try and shake this headache. The girls had hoped to get in the pool for a late dip but the water is pretty cool and it is now raining again!

We are going to try and get to Legoland tomorrow :-)

Ali.

Well it looks like our trip to Legoland is doomed :lmao:

Slept in til 10am, reason bring the sunshine did not wake us up as it was very grey. Then just like yesterday, thunder, lightening and a whole heap of rain!

So we are all just chilling, at least the good sleep seems to have helped yesterday's headache :thumbsup2

So I think plans for today will be, monitor the weather and if it improves we will do a return visit to IOA or US.

Luckily the weather does not bother us as we can easily adjust our plans, I really feel for those who have a strict plan / timescale to stick to as both yesterday and today the weather has not been fit for a pleasant park visit. :goodvibes

TTFN

Ali.

Well it looks like our trip to Legoland is doomed :lmao:

Slept in til 10am, reason bring the sunshine did not wake us up as it was very grey. Then just like yesterday, thunder, lightening and a whole heap of rain!

So we are all just chilling, at least the good sleep seems to have helped yesterday's headache :thumbsup2

So I think plans for today will be, monitor the weather and if it improves we will do a return visit to IOA or US.

Luckily the weather does not bother us as we can easily adjust our plans, I really feel for those who have a strict plan / timescale to stick to as both yesterday and today the weather has not been fit for a pleasant park visit. :goodvibes

TTFN

Ali.
We slept in today too, due to a EMH late night at MK. Just getting ready for the park and the thunder started, so still in room. Going to have to go out soon as getting hungry. Funnily enough, I had a bad head yesterday too, that wouldn't shift.

We slept in today too, due to a EMH late night at MK. Just getting ready for the park and the thunder started, so still in room. Going to have to go out soon as getting hungry. Funnily enough, I had a bad head yesterday too, that wouldn't shift.

Helloooo!

It's trying to brighten up here in Kissimmee now! I feel like such a wimp as I am the only one who suffers with headaches :confused3. My head got worse as the day went on, took 2 lots of tablets but made no diffeence:sad2: So I went to bed with a banging head. Better today but I do feel as though a headache could strike at any time so Im trying to drink as much water as pos.....

Hope you have a great day and find somewhere nice to eat :goodvibes

Ali :goodvibes

Ok, so we didn't make it to Legoland yesterday due to the rain, again!

When the rain eventually stopped we set off for a late lunch/early tea. It was a toss up between TGI's or Panda Express. TGI's won, another nice meal, same starters as last time but for mains this time DH had a Jack Daniels burger, he said it was 'ok'... I had a grilled chicken Cobb Salad which was delicious. Service was pretty slow though.

By the time we entered IOA it was nearly 5pm but we got everything done that we wanted to do. Eldest DD wanted to try terror falls so I went on with her, brilliant! She was so proud of herself for being brave! We all went on the Pteranodon flyers, 45 min wait for an 80 second ride, not the best idea yet, we don't normally wait any longer than 30 mins but the girls wanted to try it....

Then to the Hippogriff, DH tried a psychic reading (rubbish!) and then onto Spiderman!

It was cloudy but humid which suited us fine.....

Still trying to decide what to do today......

TTFN

Ali.

Hi Ali. Hope the heads been better today. I've been drinking plenty of water too & it seems to have done the trick. Did you make it to Legoworld?

OK so still no trip to Legoland, decided against going today as it was down as being a busy park today on a busy day guide.....

So we had a lazy morning, DH and youngest DD went in the pool for a short spell and then we set off for US and Panda Express.

Left Panda Express fit to burst and headed over to US. It was about 4pm and the park was super quiet compared to our other visits :confused3 I guess the American kids going back to school must have started to make a real difference, that or the weather which was threatening rain all day and rather dull! Again, suits us fine!

We did MIB twice, Simpsons, Woody Woodpecker twice and ET. Still haven't made it onto Despicable Me as it turns out it was a good job we didn't as just as we made it back to the carpark the heavens opened. From the car park we could barely see Dr Dooms towers in the rain clouds...

Then as we were watching the lightening from the car park we had a mini drama, DD1 started screaming!!! DD2 is beyond screaming. DD1 has some ants on her foot which are biting her :confused3

Luckily I had a bottle of water in my rucksack so quickly cracked it open and washed the ants away :thumbsup2 Made it back to the car and had a good look, there were dead ants inbetween her toes and in her crocs, her little toe was sore and red :confused3 Not sure what happened :confused3 I guess she must have stood in a whole heap of them whilst we were watching the rain and they must have fancied a bite to eat :lmao: DD1 wasn't too amused but soon recovered......

Drove home via Super Target but the rain was SO heavy when we arrived that we changed plan, turned around and headed back to the Winn Dixie instead by which time the rain had gone off slightly.....

Another great day, girls are really enjoying the rides......

We intend to go to Legoland tomorrow but I won't hold my breath :rotfl2:

I've been making a real effort to drink more water and fingers crossed it seems to be paying off, no headaches :thumbsup2 I had thought I was drinking enough but perhaps not.....

TTFN

Ali.

Wow, we finally made it to Legoland and it was a scorcher of a day.... We had a fantastic day!

We arrived at about 12.30 (a little later than we had planned but still plenty of time as park closed at 8pm)...

The girls (8 & 6) had the absolute time of their lives. Every ride is kid orientated and they loved every minute. The park was pretty much deserted with every ride being walk on or a 5 min wait :thumbsup2

We/DD's did:

Island in the sky
The grand carousel
The Dragon
Merlins challenge x2
Lost kingdom adventure
Coastersaurus
Beetle bounce x2
Boating school x2

Stopped for late lunch/early tea (4pm) and dined at the 'all you can eat' pizza and pasta buffet. Really good food, kept our eyes open for the hottest/freshest pizzas coming out of the oven, girls had pasta and garlic bread. As many drinks refills as you like, all good.

By this point I was glad of a rest, tbh it was way too hot for me and reminded me of why we don't do full park days any more but as this park was new to us it was quite exciting and that kept me going! By the time we were done there were a few clouds knocking about which really helped and so we continued to......

Mini land
Wave racers x2
Technicycle
Watched a bit of the show at pirates cove
Flying school
Project X x4
Driving school x3
Rescue academy

Phew, no wonder I am tired!

Left the park at 7.50pm, quick tea at bob Evans and then home!

I'm exhausted! Hoping to go to MK tomorrow but not for a full day I hasten to add!

I would definitely recommend Legoland to those who have kids of a similar age to ours... I'm not sure at what age they will 'outgrow' the park but today they loved it.

Being able to walk on every ride was just fantastic and I am so glad that we delayed going by a few days.... Only one criticism was that there wasn't a lot of shade in the blistering heat....

TTFN.

Ali.

Ps I was amazed by the full size Ford Explorer built completely out of Lego!! Awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter