VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

After the changes were made GP was about the only thing i was excited about. After the 1st visit there, I felt really good about it. But then the changes came, mostly the having to be seated. That won't keep us from returning, just feels a bit odd, and stuffy. Not sure thats the feel they were originally going for

Congrats Jen!!

I am so excited and happy. This has nothing to do with Disney or our beloved lodge but I have to share anyway. Our oldest daughter is the newest member of the Carver Elementary Special Education Dept. It's not the exact job she wanted - but it is a big step closer and they said they will work with her and get her ready for the job she does want. She has been subbing for the school district the past two years. Finally she is full time.
Congratulations! :rainbow:

I've been looking for 15 minutes & can't find the answer ...

Where is the guest laundry at VWL?

Guest laundry is on the first floor behind the elevators. So you exit the elevators and bear right to get to the hallway in the back.

It's been a few weeks since our trip to DL, so I thought as a Wake Up Wednesday post, I'd post a few more pics and tell a tale or two.

More to come later, and happy hump day!

Sleepy...thanks for sharing the photos. Looking forward to hearing your DL tales. :)

I am so excited and happy. This has nothing to do with Disney or our beloved lodge but I have to share anyway. Our oldest daughter is the newest member of the Carver Elementary Special Education Dept. It's not the exact job she wanted - but it is a big step closer and they said they will work with her and get her ready for the job she does want. She has been subbing for the school district the past two years. Finally she is full time.

Jennifer...so glad to hear that the career is heading in the right direction for your daughter. Thanks for sharing your excitement and happiness with us! :)

Here are a few more pics from our trip to DL. . .

Our meal at Catal. . . Oxtail ragu. . . Paella. . .
Catal%201_zpseqptowht.jpg
Catal%203_zpsxxpbgyar.jpg
Catal%204_zpsvhss5zro.jpg

Bone marrow appetizer from the Hearthstone Lounge at GCH. . . Working hard canoeing. . .
1st%20Day%202_zps9mvdhrnn.jpg
1b4d5491-90ae-4c9f-8f44-7e90eb288e3a_zpslbua9wob.jpg

Gotta get back there sooner than the four years from the last time we visited. . .

Hi Groupies!
Lots going on since I was last here.... I've missed you!
I'll admit I only went back 5-6 pages, not the 30 or so that I was behind :scared:

WELCOME to the new-comers that have found there way over to our little corner of the Dis.

Thanks for the update Kathy on Clay. I'll continue to keep him in my prayers.

Nice pictures Sleepy. Thanks for sharing! Someday DDad and I will go to Disneyland...

Congratulations Jen on your daughters employment.

I hope those experiencing the hot Texas temperatures are able to get a break from the horrid heat. I like warm weather - but not that warm.

My mom moved in with us a little over a month ago. She'll be 88 this year. We're also in the process of cleaning out her home with the hope that it can be sold yet this year. There's so much work to do before this can happen though.

If there are any Groupies in the World, I hope you're having a blast!

Cool news JEN!

And where is everybody? Must be enjoying the summer, 'cause it seems pretty slow on the thread.

The only thing I get excited about when thinking about GP,is the friends we meet up with to share time; which really can be anywhere in The World. I have lost any hope of GP (or RF for that matter) to excite me. I love our LODGE, but I just have never felt it had any type of wonderful food draw. Luckily MK and Trails End Buffet are just boat rides away. Love the boat rides any time of the day!

I’ll jump in. I’ve decided to take the plunge and buy VWL (BRV) resale. Never bought resale before. I’ll tell you, the prevalence of stripped contracts is annoying.

I’ve gotta make 10 posts before I can fix my Avatar. So I hope you can bear with me if I appear to be posting randomly.

Anyway, I’m not completely new. I like to stay pretty anonymous on Forums, not overly inclined to sharing, but I really enjoy this group of VWL Groupies & Lovers. So I’ve decided to be more forthcoming with my personal details. Like sharing my name and where I’m from. Maybe I’ll even share some exciting personal stories. ( Please NO! They all shout.)

I found this old account I’ve had lying around unused since 2009. Didn’t even remember I had it. So this is me. VWL Lover, almost a real Groupie and hopefully an Owner sometime in October.

Just for fun.... Who was I before?

I’ll jump in. I’ve decided to take the plunge and buy VWL (BRV) resale. Never bought resale before. I’ll tell you, the prevalence of stripped contracts is annoying.

I’ve gotta make 10 posts before I can fix my Avatar. So I hope you can bear with me if I appear to be posting randomly.

Welcome!!! Wow - 2009 joined and now your 2 posts have been here! :banana: Best of luck with your resale contract search. VWL seems to be kind of difficult as there don't tend to be as many on the market and then, as you say, recently there are a lot of stripped contracts. VWL resale was our first DVC purchase back in early 2008. Luck got us a contract with a full year of banked points so hoping you can find something similar!

Welcome!!! Wow - 2009 joined and now your 2 posts have been here! :banana: Best of luck with your resale contract search. VWL seems to be kind of difficult as there don't tend to be as many on the market and then, as you say, recently there are a lot of stripped contracts. VWL resale was our first DVC purchase back in early 2008. Luck got us a contract with a full year of banked points so hoping you can find something similar!

Coincidently I apparently joined the forum just after we bought our AKV points in January 2009. I used to read the DIS forums when I was deciding if I really wanted to purchase DVC. It took me 3 years to make the plunge. Couldn’t see the sense in paying MFs. ( I really don’t like MFs). Gotta a lot of good info lurking on the Forum though.

(Obviously ignored the advice to buy resale) :rolleyes1

Anyway, I’m not completely new. I like to stay pretty anonymous on Forums, not overly inclined to sharing, but I really enjoy this group of VWL Groupies & Lovers. So I’ve decided to be more forthcoming with my personal details. Like sharing my name and where I’m from. Maybe I’ll even share some exciting personal stories. ( Please NO! They all shout.)

I found this old account I’ve had lying around unused since 2009. Didn’t even remember I had it. So this is me. VWL Lover, almost a real Groupie and hopefully an Owner sometime in October.

Just for fun.... Who was I before?
:welcome: or. . .maybe welcome back? I've never been one to keep close tabs on anyone else on the DIS (outside of the Groupies for the past few years), so I have no clue who you used to be. . .Lurky Lou? Hiding Heidi? ;)

We're glad you've decided to join in, and as we make a point to say, all it takes to say you're a Groupie is a love of the Lodge, and obviously with your decision to jump into the resale market and buy VWL, you possess that love. Hoping your contract process goes well and painlessly (as such can be when doling out big bucks for vacations). If you have any future trips you'd like us to list on Page 1, just let me know. As you undoubtedly know, there's no requirement to do so, of course. Looking forward to hearing more from you and our other new Groupies!

I’ll jump in.

Glad that you joined us. And if you have been reading this thread for a while, you may know that we tend to shorten people's User Names. But don't worry, we won't shorten yours to "Crabby" unless you insist! If okay, I'll just call you Dan. :) In any event, we are so happy to have you join in the fun with us.

I’ve decided to take the plunge and buy VWL (BRV) resale. Never bought resale before. I’ll tell you, the prevalence of stripped contracts is annoying.

Our second contract (BWV) was purchase on the resale market, and the process was pretty much in line with what I've read as far as timetable from start to finish. The stripped contract thing is annoying, but it should result in some pricing that is favorable I would think? Best of luck in finding a contract that works for you and in getting it through the ROFR process.

I can promise you that we don't care if you do 7 more posts with only one word on each. Or just keep replying to some of our recent posts with phrases such as "Wow, that's so insightful" or "You Groupies are such good folks!". We are easy to please and not opposed to flattery. :)

Glad that you joined us. And if you have been reading this thread for a while, you may know that we tend to shorten people's User Names. But don't worry, we won't shorten yours to "Crabby" unless you insist! If okay, I'll just call you Dan. :) In any event, we are so happy to have you join in the fun with us.

This is why I decided to resurrect myself with a new name. Two “Sleepy”s was one too many in this group. Every time someone said Sleepy I thought it was me. Crabby will work fine though. I don’t expect anyone else to use that moniker :D

I was formerly calling myself sleepy sheep.

Congrats to your daughter Jen, and to mom and dad!:)

Di, you must be so busy getting your mom settled, and preparing her house to go on the market.

Sleepy fantastic pics!

Welcome to the groupies Crabby Dan!!!!
Sleepy Sheep seems really familiar. Either way, glad you are here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter