VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am really loving this thread and so looking forward to our 2nd visit to Wilderness Lodge next April! The lodge holds a special place in my heart as it was our very first trip to Disney World when my daughter was a baby in 2010. Can't believe it will be 9 years since our last visit to this awesome resort! I think each resort is wonderful in its own way, but something about Wilderness Lodge has always made me want to come back! Now that all the construction is completed, we are excited to return and enjoy all the new features. 9 months seems so far away though.... :mickeybar

Welcome to the new groupies.

i have been MIA due to my continuing saga with my son, Clay. We had another week stay at Baylor Dallas, and he got to come home Sunday. He has a cyst attached to old shunt tubing in his abdomen and right now they don't want to do surgery unless infection occurs. They drained the cyst and got 5 liters of fluid! All i could think of was that is 2 1/2 soda bottles. The culture showed no infection and since this was the second time this has happened (the first was in February), I am expecting it to happen again in a few months, but would not be upset if it didn't.

Don't know about the rest of you, but we are having a streak of 100+ days. Yesterday was 107. My husband said out in his shop the temp was 109. It is a metal building. My son works at a manufacturing place and it is also a metal building, very dusty, and he said in one spot it was 117 and another 128. He was very HOT and drenched. There is a quote on FB that says "God made Texas summers to help us understand hell is no place to spend eternity".

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Oh, wow! That was such a blast to watch and listen to. That's one of the perfect Lodge songs ("The Big Country" theme). Thanks!
OK, now I can officially go to sleep happy! Thank you so much for sharing this!
Jennifer...thank you so much for that fantastic slideshow!!!

The pictures and the music were so well coordinated. It was pure fun to relive so many great sights, Awesome!:thumbsup2
Wonderful Jen! Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks Jen . . . loved the show!
Jen, that was FABULOUS!!! Thank you so much for sharing!:flower1:
Jen
Great slideshow!!

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked it. It was the last time we saw Ranger Stan. Our family loved him so much.

I am really loving this thread and so looking forward to our 2nd visit to Wilderness Lodge next April! The lodge holds a special place in my heart as it was our very first trip to Disney World when my daughter was a baby in 2010. Can't believe it will be 9 years since our last visit to this awesome resort! I think each resort is wonderful in its own way, but something about Wilderness Lodge has always made me want to come back! Now that all the construction is completed, we are excited to return and enjoy all the new features. 9 months seems so far away though.... :mickeybar
Nine months IS far away! :crazy2: At least you're going. My last trip was July. . .2017! And my next trip isn't likely to happen until March if then. Anyway, we're glad you're loving the thread and are joining in. As always, we love pics though there is never any requirement, naturally. Let us know how your plans are proceeding as the date approaches! pirate:

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked it. It was the last time we saw Ranger Stan. Our family loved him so much.

Stan was indeed a very great guy! Several of us got to have a groupie meet with he and his DW a few years ago in the former Iron Spike Room. I remember him laughing and saying he had never been a groupie of anything[/QUOTE]

twokats
Thanks for keeping us updated on Clays progress
Prayers continue from
our household

Nine months IS far away! :crazy2: At least you're going. My last trip was July. . .2017! And my next trip isn't likely to happen until March if then. Anyway, we're glad you're loving the thread and are joining in. As always, we love pics though there is never any requirement, naturally. Let us know how your plans are proceeding as the date approaches! pirate:
Thank you! I will and will also be sure to post pics!!

Petrola...spoken like a true Groupie! Glad to have you join in the fun here! :)

i have been MIA due to my continuing saga with my son, Clay. We had another week stay at Baylor Dallas, and he got to come home Sunday. He has a cyst attached to old shunt tubing in his abdomen and right now they don't want to do surgery unless infection occurs. They drained the cyst and got 5 liters of fluid! All i could think of was that is 2 1/2 soda bottles. The culture showed no infection and since this was the second time this has happened (the first was in February), I am expecting it to happen again in a few months, but would not be upset if it didn't.

Don't know about the rest of you, but we are having a streak of 100+ days. Yesterday was 107. My husband said out in his shop the temp was 109. It is a metal building. My son works at a manufacturing place and it is also a metal building, very dusty, and he said in one spot it was 117 and another 128. He was very HOT and drenched. There is a quote on FB that says "God made Texas summers to help us understand hell is no place to spend eternity".

Kathy...thank you so much for dropping in to update us on your world. We continue to pray for Clay and your entire family.

We've had hot weather but only over 100 for a few days. I hope your air conditioning is working well! Take care, and give our Groupie regards to Princess Kati! princess:

Hi two cats, I’m new hear but reading your story and all your son and you all have been going through please know we are all praying for your son to heal and your family to stay strong!
Take care, Christine

I am in far northeastern Dallas county - and I agree with you. Temps have been brutal. Today is supposed to be even worse. Glad Clay is home again. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

We keep you and your family in our prayers, twokats.

Staying at Jambo but stopped at WL TO eat at Roaring Fork. We still enjoy the Wilderness salad, and it always is good to be there!

So, not a surprise IMO but Geyser Point is reportedly no longer serving breakfast. After they reduced the offerings it was only a matter of time it seemed. I saw this on Humphreys Facebook feed. They were told the coffee and soda Station would be open but reported it actually wasn't this morning. :sad2:

So, not a surprise IMO but Geyser Point is reportedly no longer serving breakfast. After they reduced the offerings it was only a matter of time it seemed. I saw this on Humphreys Facebook feed. They were told the coffee and soda Station would be open but reported it actually wasn't this morning. :sad2:
GP has been an unmitigated mistake. It has had an identity crisis since opening. The official Disney site also lists nothing available for breakfast.

Such a beautiful location to sit and enjoy the morning, but I can see why folk won't go out of their way to dine there in the morning when other options are available and I doubt many folk are coming in from other areas for breakfast on the lake.

I'm curious, is the covered area open for sitting in even when not officially open? Would be nice to bring our own coffee down.

Such a beautiful location to sit and enjoy the morning, but I can see why folk won't go out of their way to dine there in the morning when other options are available and I doubt many folk are coming in from other areas for breakfast on the lake.

I'm curious, is the covered area open for sitting in even when not officially open? Would be nice to bring our own coffee down.

I know they have grates to pull down and secure and I suspect that's how they lock up the bar area so I'd guess no, but don't know for certain.

When most folks are intent on booking out to the parks as quickly as possible, it's not surprising that GP has stopped serving a sit down breakfast. Maybe if they opened a bit later (9:00 AM or so) they could capitalize on the late sleepers.

Jen loved your video!! Thanks for sharing.
Twokats prayers for your family.
I read that about GP as well and was upset, hoping they keep the coffee and refillable mugs station open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter