VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

This is why I decided to resurrect myself with a new name. Two “Sleepy”s was one too many in this group. Every time someone said Sleepy I thought it was me. Crabby will work fine though. I don’t expect anyone else to use that moniker :D

I was formerly calling myself sleepy sheep.

Crabby....Ah, now I remember you. You posted just a couple of weeks ago. Okay, we'll go with your chosen nickname but don't be surprised if we use Dan as well from time to time. Again, welcome!!

This is why I decided to resurrect myself with a new name. Two “Sleepy”s was one too many in this group. Every time someone said Sleepy I thought it was me. Crabby will work fine though. I don’t expect anyone else to use that moniker :D

I was formerly calling myself sleepy sheep.
Ahhhh. . .makes sense now. Oh, heck, we coulda called you Sheepy. pirate: I'd have been more than happy to share the same moniker, though I gotta say Crabby or Dan will make it easier on folks. Now, I can be very crabby (just ask the Groupies about me and the nature trail or Artist Point :rolleyes1), but I will let you have that name if it's all the same to you. ;)

I’m actually happy with my Avatar. Just need to adjust the resolution so it’s not so blurry. But I will take your suggestion under consideration.

I’m actually happy with my Avatar. Just need to adjust the resolution so it’s not so blurry. But I will take your suggestion under consideration.

I was just joking...your avatar looks fine. And my eyesight can't properly focus most of the time anyway!

Go ahead and post a couple more replies to get you to that magic 10 posts milestone! :)

I’m behind. I’m slowly catching up but just wanted to post a few things.

1. We did WCC for breakfast at 10am in June and the antics were still going on, just not quite as loud. I’ve heard there are none before 10 though?

2. We are back at the Lodge (VWL) June 8-16. Booked.

3. We financed our resale (in Sept 2017) which wasn’t the best way to do it but we are paying it off this week due to our home refi. Wahoo. We are considering adding 75 direct points somewhere before 2021 when my accidentally sent blue card expires.

4. Besides the June 2019 trip, we are doing a short family trip this Oct 3-7 (staying at Pop) to experience MNSSHP and TSL. I also have a girls only trip with several Disers planned for the first weekend in May. Not booked yet though.

5. Summer Break is over for me. Boo hoo. Back to work in the AM.

Back to catching up......

Dan
I love your avatar! It reminds me of the stick horses that my kids and DW Tammy used to ride at WCC. My kids rode them for fun, my DW, not so much fun as more like she was running off at the mouth at the wrong time. For those that know me and Tammy, they know Im the talker and Tammy, well, she says very little. So it was a shock when she did!

Our kids were maybe 12 and 10 at the time and we are eating at WCC. This fellow sitting next to our table, it was his Bday so he was having to ride a stick horse around the restaurant and sing Happy Birthday to himself at the insistence of his waiter, and was told if he didn't sing loud enough where we could all hear him, he would be forced to repeat the performance in the Lobby of WL.

He gets back to the table, and not knowing to this day what my shy, meek and mild Tammy possessed her, she speaks up, and I quote, "I think he needs to do it again because I couldn't hear him." So the waiter proceeds to hand her the stick horse and repeat the fellows performance around the restaurant singing Happy Bday to this complete stranger. A funny sight it was and the whole time, me and the kids were so taken back, looking at each other with our mouths open and our eyes bulging as my DW, their mom, this shy woman who keeps her thoughts to herself, was now onstage, for all of WCC to see, singing proudly at the top of her lungs as she circled the place. I didn't stop to think take a picture, capture the moment, the one time we have witnessed her saying something she shouldn't have, because it is so rare.

Dan
I love your avatar! It reminds me of the stick horses that my kids and DW Tammy used to ride at WCC. My kids rode them for fun, my DW, not so much fun as more like she was running off at the mouth at the wrong time. For those that know me and Tammy, they know Im the talker and Tammy, well, she says very little. So it was a shock when she did!

Our kids were maybe 12 and 10 at the time and we are eating at WCC. This fellow sitting next to our table, it was his Bday so he was having to ride a stick horse around the restaurant and sing Happy Birthday to himself at the insistence of his waiter, and was told if he didn't sing loud enough where we could all hear him, he would be forced to repeat the performance in the Lobby of WL.

He gets back to the table, and not knowing to this day what my shy, meek and mild Tammy possessed her, she speaks up, and I quote, "I think he needs to do it again because I couldn't hear him." So the waiter proceeds to hand her the stick horse and repeat the fellows performance around the restaurant singing Happy Bday to this complete stranger. A funny sight it was and the whole time, me and the kids were so taken back, looking at each other with our mouths open and our eyes bulging as my DW, their mom, this shy woman who keeps her thoughts to herself, was now onstage, for all of WCC to see, singing proudly at the top of her lungs as she circled the place. I didn't stop to think take a picture, capture the moment, the one time we have witnessed her saying something she shouldn't have, because it is so rare.

Jimmy...that's a great story! And I have a hard time imagining Tammy making the original comment, much less romping around WCC singing "Happy Birthday". I guess it's that Disney effect that brings out the kid in all of us. I think on your next trip, you need to get Tammy to recreate her ride.

For some reason, the "Midnight Ride of Paul Revere" keeps popping into my head! :)

I’m behind. I’m slowly catching up but just wanted to post a few things.

1. We did WCC for breakfast at 10am in June and the antics were still going on, just not quite as loud. I’ve heard there are none before 10 though?

2. We are back at the Lodge (VWL) June 8-16. Booked.

3. We financed our resale (in Sept 2017) which wasn’t the best way to do it but we are paying it off this week due to our home refi. Wahoo. We are considering adding 75 direct points somewhere before 2021 when my accidentally sent blue card expires.

4. Besides the June 2019 trip, we are doing a short family trip this Oct 3-7 (staying at Pop) to experience MNSSHP and TSL. I also have a girls only trip with several Disers planned for the first weekend in May. Not booked yet though.

5. Summer Break is over for me. Boo hoo. Back to work in the AM.

Back to catching up......

Renee...nice to see you back in the VWL Groupie "bubble" for a bit! Thanks for the WCC antics update. And exciting to hear that you have paid off your resale contract in less than a year. Which resorts are you considering for your 75 direct point purchase?

Enjoy your trip planning for your various trips. We haven't been to WDW for the F&W Festival for a few years now...we'll have to figure out a way to do that again at some point. And I hope your summer break has gone well.

Jimmy...that's a great story! And I have a hard time imagining Tammy making the original comment, much less romping around WCC singing "Happy Birthday". I guess it's that Disney effect that brings out the kid in all of us. I think on your next trip, you need to get Tammy to recreate her ride.

For some reason, the "Midnight Ride of Paul Revere" keeps popping into my head! :)
Maybe I can convince her to do so but I need a few groupies there taking pictures and video, because I will be beyond belief again if it happens. She is so funny in this way, at home, she wouldn't dare do something like this. Yet, we go see Yee Haw Bob, and he hollers out her name, Tammy from NC, come on up! And she hops up on the piano with him, and then he prompts her to lead the audience and pick up folks along the way for a continuous train around the Lounge. And its not like she had gotten loaded up or tanked!:D

So sorry to be late in all this, but WELCOME CRABBY . . .you'll find us not to SHABBY . . . . . . but with joining in we'll all be HAPPY . . . . OK, enough. Sorry. Glad to have you though! :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh Jimmy, what a great memory! I can only imagine sweet Tammy singing while riding the stick horse. :)

Renee...nice to see you back in the VWL Groupie "bubble" for a bit! Thanks for the WCC antics update. And exciting to hear that you have paid off your resale contract in less than a year. Which resorts are you considering for your 75 direct point purchase?

Enjoy your trip planning for your various trips. We haven't been to WDW for the F&W Festival for a few years now...we'll have to figure out a way to do that again at some point. And I hope your summer break has gone well.
I’d prefer beach club but when we did the tour in June the sales lady said beach club would be very hard to get. I’ve seen it on the resale market but I guess Disney has a very long wait list for that resort. I’d probably just do SSR to save the money. My friend owns there and at the time of year she and I travel, she’s never not been able to switch at 7 months out.

Unfortunately we will miss F&W this year bc we are only going to MK for the party and DHS. Short, cheap trip. Well as cheap as Disney can be...lol.

And I just saw the news that DVC will be allowed in at 2pm. I am a resale member but I was sent a blue card, as I’ve mentioned before, so I’m assuming I can get in early. But I’ll have 5 others in tow (DH, DS, DS, stepson, and girlfriend) so I have no idea if they would let us all in. And we won’t be staying on points, not that it says you have to be. Glad I’m October so hopefully I can read about some experiences before we go.

Morning, Groupies! My life is about to get busier as the new school year approaches. I have the annual audit Thursday for my old job, then Friday new teachers report (school doesn't begin until 15 Aug). My teaching will involve a couple of sections of military science, an English lit class, a theater class, and a proctoring period for online students. I'll also be responsible for directing a one-act play for state competition, as well as the annual spring production (the last two years were HAIRSPRAY and GREASE). I'll be in the local theater guild production of ARSENIC AND OLD LACE this fall, reprise my role as Herr Drosselmeyer in the annual THE NUTCRACKER our ballet company does, and may well be coaching girls' varsity tennis next spring. In between, my daughter is off to Bates College, so I'm sure I'll head up there a few times. Other than all that, I don't have much on my docket the next 10 months. pirate: I almost forgot, Luv and I will be headed home the first week of March, as well: "Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning."

Here are more pictures from our trip to DL. . .

One of the fun things you can do at DL is ride in the front of the monorail!
1st%20Day%204_zps8abp4mgk.jpg

Mickey beignets!
1st%20Day%205_zps0dgott2c.jpg

Character interaction at DL is far superior to WDW. Peter was very interested in making sure my daughter follows her dreams.
1st%20Day%206_zpsx8iskuag.jpg

Our view from the DLH. . .and our view from DLH. To the left is Downtown Disney--to the right is the top of buildings. We spent one night there, and it was a delight what with the fireworks headboard and the classic nature of the hotel. We still preferred GCH.
DLH%202_zpsuwsgisf6.jpg
DLH%203_zps6ftqaab1.jpg

Have a great week, Groupies!

I'll be in the local theater guild production of ARSENIC AND OLD LACE this fall

I loved the old Cary Grant version of this movie. I can see you now as cousin Teddy, blowing your bugle as you head downstairs to dig another lock in the Panama Canal !!! :rotfl:

I’d prefer beach club but when we did the tour in June the sales lady said beach club would be very hard to get. I’ve seen it on the resale market but I guess Disney has a very long wait list for that resort. I’d probably just do SSR to save the money. My friend owns there and at the time of year she and I travel, she’s never not been able to switch at 7 months out.

I think it makes sense to buy for economy for this particular purchase. It sounds like you want the points for times of the year that are a little easier to get? Good luck on the decision process. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter