Tickets at Mapleleaf

I wonder if these tickets will be restocked at the same price now that Universal's regular prices have gone up. Also I am not sure why they do this mysterious upgrade to 14 days, which is more of a European holiday length. Does Maple Leaf periodically buy up unsold inventory from some foreign vendor and resell it to Americans (and Canadians)?

They are tour operator tickets which makes me wonder if maybe this particular touring company went out of business and rather than throwing away the tickets they already had printed they decided to use them for the "stay and play" tickets as a kinda bonus to people.

Per Alex at Mapleleaf, they Stay and Play are all sold and they are no longer carrying them.

Knew I should have bought more whren I had the chance!

Per Alex at Mapleleaf, they Stay and Play are all sold and they are no longer carrying them.

Knew I should have bought more whren I had the chance!

*FACEPLANT* UGH!!!! And this is what I get for going with people who procrastinate and dawdle around. I should have just bought one for myself and let them figure it out.

I was in panic mode today when I saw that the Stay and Play tickets from Maple Leaf were no longer available....I was kicking myself! :headache:

I went to Maple Leaf, and yep, the Stay and Play tickets were nowhere to be found! :eek:

I was about to close out of the site when suddenly I noticed that it said I had 8 tickets in my cart. Ohhhhh yeah, that's right. A few days ago I was on Maple Leaf and put some of those Stay and Play tickets in a cart to purchase, except I hadn't made the purchase yet. I wonder if indeed I would still be able to make the purchase?

YES I COULD, AND I DID!!! :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

Relief people.....relief. :thumbsup2

Okay, looks like I snoozed on the Stay 'n Plays, too... so now I'm looking at these for $144 (I don't really need more than 3 or 4 days, since we'll be spending most of our days at WDW):

3 Day Universal Orlando Park-to-Park Access Ticket
(Expires 14 days from 1st use.)
Free upgrade to 4 Day Park to Park!

So does the "Free Upgrade" mean if I buy the 3-day, I automatically get the 4-days? If so, then why would anybody buy the next option down for $147? :confused3

4 Day Universal Orlando Park-to-Park Access Ticket
(Expires 14 days from 1st use.)​

They probably wouldnt..lol..except if they knew for sure they didnt need a 4 day pass and would leave the bonus to someone else. They have limited numbers of tickets so my guess they have a few extra of the three with bonus so they are offering a "come on" special. id def. go with the bonus if there is even a chance you might want to go an extra day! I bought the 7 day tickets and got 14, even though im only going for 3 days the 3 days was more expensive then the 7 day ticket so i went with the cheaper ticket even though it gave me more days. Now dad said we should add a few more days on our trip and stay at universal..lol! Thats how unioversal will get me, extra tickets equals extra days and more money in their pockets!! Thats why they let companies like this sell the tickets at a discount bc bottom line if you get a great deal you'll stay longer and spend more money at universal.

... bc bottom line if you get a great deal you'll stay longer and spend more money at universal.

So true. We have 4 days planned for Universal. Other "off" days we were going to hang at the resort, go to dino world, check out the area...but now they might get us to come into Universal beyond just those 4 days, pay for parking, maybe buy some food, etc etc...brilliant of them!

That's awesome, Capri! Congrats!!!!

Thanks Molly!

I was certain this morning when I got up and checked my email, I would have something from Maple Leaf informing me that they were unable to process my order. But instead, I found an email from them telling me my order had been process and shipped. I still can't believe what only can be construed as sheer luck in our case!

did anyone try to upgrade at the parks yet to see how much more the AP is?

did anyone try to upgrade at the parks yet to see how much more the AP is?

No, but I sent an e-mail to customer service. They replied that they wanted to talk to me more about it by phone. ( bummer, was hoping for a simple "yes".) They asked for my phone number and a best time to call. I replied back with the number and said anytime today, but never heard from them.

As soon as I know something I will post it here.

I received the call from Universal this morning. I was told that the unused tickets can be upgraded to an AP. I asked the value given for them and he said he did not have access to the cost chart, but that it was what it cost us, which he thought was $130.00.

I received the call from Universal this morning. I was told that the unused tickets can be upgraded to an AP. I asked the value given for them and he said he did not have access to the cost chart, but that it was what it cost us, which he thought was $130.00.

thanks for doing the research and for posting!

i wonder if they adjust the price after the first use the way wdw does....so that we'd get the full value of the ticket, and not the discounted price we paid to mapleleaf....

Most of the time, you just get the value of the price you paid. It just depends on the price that comes up when they scan the tickets.

Upgrading the adult mapleleaf 7 ordered (14 day sent) tickets to AP is $100 confirmed by IOA CSR

DH and I have never been to Universal but we are planning on spending 3 days there next March staying in one of the Universal hotels. Once I started to think about it, I figured we could add a day in October and a day in December. Maybe a few more days in January if we add a week in Florida. So, I think we need to buy annual passes. I read that the passes will give us a room discount (not sure what % off in March) and discounts on food and merchandise.

My question is if Universal is like Disney for AP timing. Can I buy the annual passes now and have them start in October if that is the first day we use them? Or are they activated as soon as you buy them?

Wow, I just got back on the 16th. Grabbed the mapleleaf tickets X3 for our 7 day stay. What a great deal!

hey everyone just got back from a great universal stay. I just wanted to post for those who may have missed out on the mapleleaf tix like I did due to my procrastinating self:sad2:...I ended up going to my AAA ofice and buying the kids tickets for $127 then I went to costco and got the adult (3 day) tix for $135. In the end the tickets only cost me $14 more than if I had gotten the maple leaf ones. It's not the 7/14 day deal but I didn't need that many days anyway...Hope this helps those still in need of tickets. Universal was a BLAST!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter