This is us..

I was the most disappointed with Kate at the end of the episode. Very self destructive behavior and Duke is so super creepy and living it up taking advantage of the women at the camp.

My heart sunk when they showed her out walking at night. Interestingly her facial expressions shown on the walk and the one on her face in the doorway in the preview seem to be completely different. I'm holding out hope she's about to deal somebody a swift kick in the dingleberries.

As usual, what a good episode that went way to fast.

My mouth dropped open when Randall saw William at the piano..when he was slumped over I thought, 'oh no, he's dead. This is his death scene'.. and then to have it as a dream. Oh boy, this show.

It's even more weird to me now that Rebecca ends up with Manuel. It will be interesting to see how that comes together.

I am losing my like of Toby. He was a total jerk in that drum class with Kate..not taking it seriously at all.

I literally laughed out loud when Kevin said his fake Facebook name. I'm sure some will see it as stalker-ish, but who doesn't have a friend on Facebook that you only know as a name. Heck, I once commented on a hot guy in one of my brothers vacation photos and the guy ended up friending me LOL
He lives in Sweden so it's not like we'll ever meet.

Oh, and at the end when Jack came down the stairs with a bag packed, I really thought he was leaving Rebecca, even though logically I know he wouldn't.

Overall, a solid episode.

Last edited:
Question - how do ratings even work now in this age of DVR and on-demand? Are there still such a thing as Neilson boxes? Do people participate with "viewing logs" like in the Stone Age? We practically NEVER watch anything live and when we watch things on our DVR we never, ever watch the commercials. Since ratings are used to attract advertising dollars, how is any of the data collected even relevant to that anymore? :confused:

Apparently our cable company participates with Nielsen and our viewing automatically is tabulated for the ratings. As far as DVR viewership, my understanding is it does count if viewed within three days of airing. I believe those results are isolated in a slightly different category because advertisers realize viewers watching later will FF through the commercials.

I was the most disappointed with Kate at the end of the episode. Very self destructive behavior and Duke is so super creepy and living it up taking advantage of the women at the camp.
We don't know what she's doing though. She could very well pass by, she could be going to tell him to back the heck off, any number of things. The preview shows her talking to him with him in his doorway but that doesn't mean she went there that night or for the reason he invited her. Endings and previews like that are meant to make us come back, they're manipulating us.

I wanted to stand up and cheer when Kate told Toby he acted like a jerk. Finally! If they go down it will be in large part because he can't get past wanting her to do things his way.

On the after show Ken Olin said we'll see more into Jack and Rebecca's marriage and how it wasn't perfect. Thank goodness. No marriage is perfect, I'm looking forward to seeing their flaws.

We don't know what she's doing though. She could very well pass by, she could be going to tell him to back the heck off, any number of things. The preview shows her talking to him with him in his doorway but that doesn't mean she went there that night or for the reason he invited her. Endings and previews like that are meant to make us come back, they're manipulating us.

I wanted to stand up and cheer when Kate told Toby he acted like a jerk. Finally! If they go down it will be in large part because he can't get past wanting her to do things his way.

On the after show Ken Olin said we'll see more into Jack and Rebecca's marriage and how it wasn't perfect. Thank goodness. No marriage is perfect, I'm looking forward to seeing their flaws.

I think we saw a breakthrough with Kate and Toby actually. She confronted him and he gave an explanation for his behavior in this situation. I felt for him when he explained how difficult it was to be so vulnerable and afraid while being so isolated and alone. If they can remove all of the obstacles and take the time to really dig into what they each need and want at a very basic level -- as well as what won't work for them from the other person, they could form a strong relationship. He would not be a good partner for me because his default to stress seems to be a sense of humor and behavior that would force me to stop him -- from breathing.

I hope she changes her mind and walks away. I don't think she will go through with it. I don't understand why she is so upset. Toby was acting a little weird and not taking her program seriously, joking and kind of making light of it. Then he explained that he just needed to be with her since he was alone in NY and was worried because he was not healing properly. Why would that drive her to Duke?

I think we saw a breakthrough with Kate and Toby actually. She confronted him and he gave an explanation for his behavior in this situation. I felt for him when he explained how difficult it was to be so vulnerable and afraid while being so isolated and alone. If they can remove all of the obstacles and take the time to really dig into what they each need and want at a very basic level -- as well as what won't work for them from the other person, they could form a strong relationship. He would not be a good partner for me because his default to stress seems to be a sense of humor and behavior that would force me to stop him -- from breathing.
I felt for him too but he needs to learn to articulate that in a better way. As it stands what he did was forced his way into the situation and made something that should be about her about him and then blamed his behavior on HER. That's grade school stuff, man. Its not the first time he's done this either which is why I lean towards not liking him. In a relationship sometimes you have to set aside your crap so that your partner can deal with theirs. For lack of a better term, he needed to wait his turn. He absolutely should have told her how he was feeling but that wasn't the way to do it IMO.

I just like Toby less and less. He constantly oversteps Kate's boundaries and does not take her weight loss struggle seriously. Just because it's not important to him, doesn't give him the right to make it harder for her. If there wasn't a history of that, I would have felt some empathy for him when he explained he was scared and alone. But then he pulls out his grandma's ring at the worst possible moment to make Kate feel like a big jerk for getting mad at him.

I felt for him too but he needs to learn to articulate that in a better way. As it stands what he did was forced his way into the situation and made something that should be about her about him and then blamed his behavior on HER. That's grade school stuff, man. Its not the first time he's done this either which is why I lean towards not liking him. In a relationship sometimes you have to set aside your crap so that your partner can deal with theirs. For lack of a better term, he needed to wait his turn. He absolutely should have told her how he was feeling but that wasn't the way to do it IMO.

I agree, but I also look at it that if the behavior has been his default addressing it when he is particularly vulnerable medically and emotionally is a bit tricky. Emotionally in this instance refers only to the emotional trauma someone going through the health crisis he did only weeks ago would be dealing with. For me his behavior would have been a non starter long ago. I do think a person in his shoes deserves a smidge of slack until their medical and emotional health is more back to normal.

Easy for me to say, I would have been out long before the Christmas medical emergency to begin with because his behavior would send me around the bend.

This is random, but...what on earth did teenage Kate ask her Mom for in the bathroom and why did Jack look at her strangely? I rewound a couple times but still couldn't understand what she asked for (plus I was half asleep!) Anyone know?

I hope she changes her mind and walks away. I don't think she will go through with it. I don't understand why she is so upset. Toby was acting a little weird and not taking her program seriously, joking and kind of making light of it. Then he explained that he just needed to be with her since he was alone in NY and was worried because he was not healing properly. Why would that drive her to Duke?

I think because Duke is a manipulator and knew exactly what to say to get to her insecurities.

Amazon doesn't show previews for the next show, so I'm in the dark there.

At the end of the episode it shows her looking towards his cabin, the previews show her talking to him while he's in the doorway.

Yeah, I read that in your earlier post, I'm just saying that it didn't affect my thoughts on her being self destructive, since I didn't see any previews.

I think they showed that scene to show the kids' ages. We are getting closer to the age they were when Jack died. I think it was to show the time line.

I think that little blip was about much more than simply showing us the kids' ages and that flicker from Jack at her request will end up being the first glimpse at something much more meaningful to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter