This is us..

Have they now got Kate in one too? Maybe to facilitate the upcoming weight-loss story line? This last episode in particular her shape seemed really different, her stomach area was just super-big and sort of low (maybe I'm not describing it right :blush: ). Did anyone else notice?

I noticed. When they showed her from the side she looked like an average sized person from about the hips down. Her legs looked lean and toned. She was very large in the middle area, bigger that I thought she was. Could have been the camera angle, or the clothes, or maybe she did lose some weight and is using padding in the stomach area.

I noticed. When they showed her from the side she looked like an average sized person from about the hips down. Her legs looked lean and toned. She was very large in the middle area, bigger that I thought she was. Could have been the camera angle, or the clothes, or maybe she did lose some weight and is using padding in the stomach area.

I've started working out hard core with a trainer twice a week for 1-1 1/2 hours. My legs and shoulders look great but the rest of my body looks the same. I plan to eventually start Weight Watchers to deal with that but right now my life is too crazy for me to properly commit.

Thanks - that's pretty close to what I was trying to say. I'm a little confused with the comments about being glad she's not losing weight. The entire show, from the very beginning has had her character trying to lose weight, up to and including having surgery. What aren't I understanding here? :confused:

Thanks - that's pretty close to what I was trying to say. I'm a little confused with the comments about being glad she's not losing weight. The entire show, from the very beginning has had her character trying to lose weight, up to and including having surgery. What aren't I understanding here? :confused:

I think people want the actress to lose weight IRL if she truly wants to, not because she is under contract to do so for a tv show.

I think people want the actress to lose weight IRL if she truly wants to, not because she is under contract to do so for a tv show.
Confused again - why would she contractually agree to do something unless she actually wanted (and intended) to do it?

Confused again - why would she contractually agree to do something unless she actually wanted (and intended) to do it?
How do we know she agree to? The show should have never even asked her to do it. Weight loss only works if someone has a true desire to lose the weight on their own.

I'm pretty sure she has said in interviews that she agreed to lose weight to go along with the storyline of the show. This isn't uncommon for actors portraying different characters.

I'm pretty sure she has said in interviews that she agreed to lose weight to go along with the storyline of the show. This isn't uncommon for actors portraying different characters.
In my opinion she not doing it for the right reason.

IDK, to me it looks like the note is signed "Sofie".

You're right, looking once again and it does look like Sofie. I was so focused on if it was a "f" or not that I missed that.

The note was from when they're 8. It's quite possible it's the same girl, and she was being creative with her name spelling. I'm sure we will learn more in future episodes.

How do we know she agree to? The show should have never even asked her to do it. Weight loss only works if someone has a true desire to lose the weight on their own.
Firstly, let's clarify that we're only speculating here. I'm not aware (although I may stand corrected) that such a clause exists in her contract.

But I do know that if it does exist, she signed it willingly. Employers are at liberty to require anything they want of potential employees, within the bounds of labor law, of course. An individual is free to accept or decline on their own best judgement. If Chrissy Metz didn't take the part (conditions and all, whatever they may or may not be), some other actress would have.

And as to the bolded - I can think of any number of outlandish and absurd things people agree to do on tv and in movies. Things they'd never do outside the job. Just like you and me in "real life".

Actors lose and gain weight for jobs all of the time. If she was hired because she is overweight, and the writers make weight loss part of the story line, she needs to lose the weight.

I'm more concerned for her health then a tv show. All I know is that losing weight for work. Isn't the right reason. She will ended up gain it back. She needs to do it for herself and only herself.

I'm more concerned for her health then a tv show. All I know is that losing weight for work. Isn't the right reason. She will ended up gain it back. She needs to do it for herself and only herself.

But, what if it's the right motivator for her to lose and keep off the weight? I have a good friend who has lost weight because she wanted to, only to gain it back twice now. There is no magic reason that works for everyone to lose the weight and keep it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter