Thinking of opening my own LSS - need your input

we know, we feel your pain, and we silently cheer you on. :cheer2:

Because that is what us Moms do for each other when we can't physically be there.

Thanks girls.. I knew you would so have my back on this... great thing.. I must have been sending out sublimal messages because my big 2 hour meeting tonight got cancelled..so now my taxi service can run w/o complications! ;):banana: :yay: :banana: :banana: :cloud9:

I leave you guys alone for a day and look at what happens! LOL

How does September 22nd look for everyone? The following week is our Homecoming street fair and I plan on having a booth so will be closed on Saturday. My grand opening is planned for the first weekend in October, but I will be open as soon as I can get the store ready in eary September. You guys can be my crop guinea pigs. There's plenty of room for sleeping bags if you want to crop all night. I'll have to warn my parents as they live next door. The building has my shop on one end and theirs on the other with an apartment for them in the middle.

Ok I was working on my orders, and I can't believe I am saying this, I'm hitting overload with all the great products available. I need your help with a couple of things.

1. Have you ever used provocraft cardstock? What did you think?
2. If you could only pick one what new product would you buy?
3. What 3 items would your dream LSS carry?
4. What's your favorite scrapbook line i.e. rusty pickle, bobunny, karen foster etc.

Ok I was working on my orders, and I can't believe I am saying this, I'm hitting overload with all the great products available. I need your help with a couple of things.

4. What's your favorite scrapbook line i.e. rusty pickle, bobunny, karen foster etc.

Can I answer even though I have never been to Ohio and I have no plans in the forseeable future to visit? However, I promise if I do find myself in Ohio, I will make a trip to your new store!

1. I have only used the 12x24 paper for the cricut. The texture was a bit different. The "red" paper in the primary/rainbow pack of paper that I have is not at all red in my opinion. Paper otherwise was fine.

2. cricut carts

3. My dream LSS carries both 12x12 and 8.5 x11 paper, both textured and not textured, in all of the shades available.

4. My favorite scrapbook paper is Designs by Reminisce -- all of it.

1. Have you ever used provocraft cardstock? What did you think? nope, i use Bazzill and Colormates

2. If you could only pick one what new product would you buy?no idea, there is some really cool stuff out there.

3. What 3 items would your dream LSS carry? more metal things like hinges, bookplates etc, lots of variety in paper, Disney stuff

4. What's your favorite scrapbook line i.e. rusty pickle, bobunny, karen foster etc.Basic Grey and Daisy D's.

1. sorry, haven't tried it

2. tool - crop-a-dial
product - Fancy Pants, Felt Shapes

3. metal, undressed chipboard, fancy rub-ons

4. Basic Grey, Fancy Pants, Cratepaper

1. Have you ever used provocraft cardstock? What did you think? Nope. The LSS store near me has a terrible selection of plain cardstock. I would love a better choice,
2. If you could only pick one what new product would you buy? I know the crop-a-dile is hot right now. I would LOVE a cuter that has both the slider and the chopper blade.
3. What 3 items would your dream LSS carry? not overly priced disney stuff (only the store 45mins away has affordable disney paper), vacation destination stuff (not just disney. Seaworld, hersey, coke, cruise.), Cute albulms. (Oh can I add another, Holiday stuff all year (just a few things))
I LOVE karen foster! Rusty pickle is cute too.

Have so much fun. I would love to open a scrapbbok store.

1. Have you ever used provocraft cardstock? What did you think? nope, i use Bazzill and Colormates

2. If you could only pick one what new product would you buy?no idea, there is some really cool stuff out there.

3. What 3 items would your dream LSS carry? more metal things like hinges, bookplates etc, lots of variety in paper, Disney stuff

4. What's your favorite scrapbook line i.e. rusty pickle, bobunny, karen foster etc.Basic Grey and Daisy D's.

Well I'll just say ditto to everything BAMB said.

I want one of those BoBunny flexible rulers... that is my one buy that would take me off my spending hiatus.... :)
See as how I'm the only around that scraps in my area (or so it seems)... I usually have DCWV or Bazzill.. Bazzill is my newest thing... I love it..

Nancy, people say you can find those flexible rulers in the drafting/art section of the big box stores. And since they are not-scrapbook they are much cheaper (like $5).

I just checked 2peas...yep, drafting section. Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Office Depot were the stores listed.

I didn't like it. The colors are weird and the weight seemed too thin for me.

Yikes! I love my Crop-a-Dile but I'd probably have to say Cricut carts.

The entire Bazzill cardstock line including all the colors in all the textures, Smoothies, Vellum, Edges and Bling. Lots of different embellies (you've seen my LSS's Addict's Wall!) Charms.

I don't think I really have a "line". I buy a lot of Karen Foster and individual Die Cuts With a View (as well as the stacks). I've NEVER met a piece of Basic Grey that I liked.

You realize we're all living vicariously through you. I'd LOVE to open an LSS but it's just not feasible for me at the moment. I wish you the absolute best of luck. If I ever make my way to Ohio, I'll be sure to stop by!

1. Have you ever used provocraft cardstock? What did you think? Nope sorry
2. If you could only pick one what new product would you buy? Only 1? Can't... My 2 new ones this year were my crop-a-dile, and my cuttlebug :love: them both!!!!
3. What 3 items would your dream LSS carry? Bazzill, all kinds. All primas. Great brads, eyelets, and other embellies.
4. What's your favorite scrapbook line i.e. rusty pickle, bobunny, karen foster etc. I don't have a fav...whatever hits me...

Wish I could go to the crop!! Sounds like a blast!!

Susan of course you can answer. I value all my scrapping buddies opinions. Knowing that the red is not a true red really helps. 85% of our local schools have red as one of their colors and that will be a lot of my business. I may order a pack to see what it's like since the price is right and I won't be out much. I'm having a hard time connecting with Bazzil. They need my business info faxed before I can order and their fax hasn't been working for about a week. It's frustrating. I can order a limited number of colors from one of my suppliers for now.

As for tools I am going to have cricut carts in my tool center but haven't decided on if I am going to carry many in the store. The big retailers have me beat on price and that's expensive stock to hold onto. Any certain ones you would come into the store for?

The crop-a-dile will be a tool of the month this fall. Buy the tool get a free class teaching you how to use it. haven't decided what tools for other months, and I still have to come up with a project for the crop-a-dial.

Nancy it's funny you should mention the ruler. I am having my mom pick up a few quilting flexible rulers for me when she goes to her distributor on Monday. They are less expensive than the bobunny, although they are blue and not the cute pink. I'll let you know what I think next week.

Thanks for the help. You mentiond a few lines I haven't seen locally. karen Foster really seems to sell at the LSS I used to go to so I am leaning in that direction. And if rusty pickle ever sends me an order form I love some of their new lines. If you haven't seen them take a look.

Shauna you can live thru my madness too if you want! I'm going to be so busy the next two weeks it's nuts! I'm going to an auction today to see if I can get some fixtures. Tomorrow it's more cleaning and prepping to paint. All this around kids sports, helping my dad get to and from dialysis, calling distributors, prepping orders, meeting with the sign guy, buying more fixtures ... But you know even in all the madness I'm having a great time!

You guys are great!

I too love my crop-a-dile and bazzil. I wish my LSS carried more ribbon & fibers. It's an ity bity section and not much there.

I still have to come up with a project for the crop-a-dial.

My LSS did a SUPER-CUTE metal pail that she punched with eyelets using the crop-a-dile. It made the pail look luminaria-ish. V. v. cute.

My favorite thing right now is punching eyelets through plastic slides. You can do so many cute things since it cuts through thick stuff.

If you tell me what you're leaning towards, I'll brainstorm for you.

1. I've never seen provocraft cardstock.

2. I'm not sure, there are so many neat new products out.

3. Tons of Disney stuff! My LSS used to have a really good selection of Disney stuff, but it has dwindled. I also like that my LSS have lasercut titles for the schools in the area, local and state attractions, etc. A wide variety of ribbon, brads, etc.

4. I really don't have a favorite line. I like the My Mind's Eye, Designs by Remininse, and Basic Grey.

Where in central Ohio are you? I'm trying to think of excuses to give my sister why we need to take a road trip to Ohio.

Good luck!

Shauna the pail sounds really cute! That's the kind of thing I am looking for. I remeber seeing the crop-a-dial the first time on QVC or HSN and being amazed at what it could punch through. I want that wow factor.

Yzerbear I am 30-45 min. north of Columbus, about an 1 1/2-2 hour drive from Toledo depending on construction. As long as you don't come in singing the Michigan fight song you're welcome ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter