The Search for the Last Iguanadon Oct. 4,2009

flame me now.

i didn't like the cheese soup at le cellier.......

no need flaming.. thats all I had at Le Cellier and the Choco cake and Riesling... and usually get the soup after second glass of riesling maybe thats why :lmao: You know everything taste good when you have some Wine:confused3

:lmao: You know everything taste good when you have some Wine:confused3

true.. I love the FREE tasting wines.. last time I was there we tasted wines that I could never aford.. it was great fun..

I had never tried Jiko... is this a 2 credit TS??? I am familiar with Boma because of the Zebra Domes but not Jiko... maybe I should read more about it... And for Coral Reef.. I had tried it ones and there was no seconds:scared1:

Jiko is 2 TS credit.. I ate there at Mousefest a few years ago with Figment and Daisey Duck and crew.. it was wonderful.. Since I am DVC and at AKV on points I can add the dining plan later.. if the costs don't justify the plan then I can just do OOP.. clear as mud??

I tried Coral Reef and did like it.. maybe this time will be Magical for you... but not a buffet or all you can eat like other resturants..

true.. I love the FREE tasting wines.. last time I was there we tasted wines that I could never aford.. it was great fun..

I have never been to the F&W festival and I am SO looking forward to the free wine! Do they only do it certain times or can we just show up at the booths?

not at the booths - they charge you.. but it was at the MetLife pavillion last time and had the winery come in and talk about their wines and you tasted along the way. Each winery has a set time.. last time 2 went on at the same time one where they had the exercise equipment outside of what was body wars and the other is outside of whatr was the cranium commando.. long lines for several wineries.. so you can plan on a day or more in there.. starts about 11:30 ish..

not at the booths - they charge you.. but it was at the MetLife pavillion last time and had the winery come in and talk about their wines and you tasted along the way. Each winery has a set time.. last time 2 went on at the same time one where they had the exercise equipment outside of what was body wars and the other is outside of whatr was the cranium commando.. long lines for several wineries.. so you can plan on a day or more in there.. starts about 11:30 ish..

Ok, thanks for the tip!

Jiko is 2 TS credit.. I ate there at Mousefest a few years ago with Figment and Daisey Duck and crew.. it was wonderful.. Since I am DVC and at AKV on points I can add the dining plan later.. if the costs don't justify the plan then I can just do OOP.. clear as mud??

I tried Coral Reef and did like it.. maybe this time will be Magical for you... but not a buffet or all you can eat like other resturants..

Ok.. I did have Jiko last Sept(it was FD for me so I did not mind the 2 dredits:laughing:)... but there was a couple who wanted Jiko and was doing a walk in... sounds ENglish or Scottish... foolish me.. I felt bad and gave them my ressie with the mentally of "I am going back again with FD next year anyways" ...

well next year came.. I do have the bounce back but I am cancelling it and just like you going on points... and I have till 7/31 to decide if I am doing it or not...

so if I do get the plan free or not I would love to try Jiko and this time it will not be me who they can coerce for the adr :lmao:

Why 7/31 ??? well thats the time I will have to accept final notice for my waitlist.. if my wait list dont come through for me by then for AKV... it is OKW for me...

why again ?? that's the time I need to bank points for next year... OKW to AKV would be get me 16 points back.. what am I going to do with the 16 points if it is left for this use year.. Ok Ok I know TMI sorry...

on with the real agenda here... Jiko and the Iguanadon :grouphug:

I have never been to the F&W festival and I am SO looking forward to the free wine! Do they only do it certain times or can we just show up at the booths?

true I usually save a day for F$W....

Wake up... coffee no cream just in case the flavoring(alcohol) later :rolleyes: might be high grade:lmao: a nice omelet and toast and a big glass of tonic I mean water :rolleyes1 then off to World Showcase at 11AM.

As mentioned on another thread.. I have "always" started at Mexico with their shrimp, empanada and Blue Fish... I am planning on doing it at the other end this time... Canada 1st towards Mexico :woohoo:

Do you have a day in Mind when you are doing it ??? If you are doing it solo give me/us a heads up and maybe we can get drunk I mean We can walk the World Showcase together:rotfl2:

Mac!! Grumpy1!!!Geffric!!! Reb and Company do you have any specific days for your F$W trek ???

true I usually save a day for F$W....

Wake up... coffee no cream just in case the flavoring(alcohol) later :rolleyes: might be high grade:lmao: a nice omelet and toast and a big glass of tonic I mean water :rolleyes1 then off to World Showcase at 11AM.

As mentioned on another thread.. I have "always" started at Mexico with their shrimp, empanada and Blue Fish... I am planning on doing it at the other end this time... Canada 1st towards Mexico :woohoo:

Do you have a day in Mind when you are doing it ??? If you are doing it solo give me/us a heads up and maybe we can get drunk I mean We can walk the World Showcase together:rotfl2:

Mac!! Grumpy1!!!Geffric!!! Reb and Company do you have any specific days for your F$W trek ???

Count Me In.........

i want to be with the drunks that eat and drink at F $ W for a day....

tell me the day and time to show up at Mexico......wait, just reread dfd's post. we start on the west side this year.....

How about Monday Oct 5th for the F&W food and drunk fest..:thumbsup2
10.gif
15.gif

Right now I am planning on Monday! We were planning on getting there later in the morning as well and alternating rides w/ F&W. Definitely planning on imbibing a bit too much. ;)

Anyhow I'd love for anyone to come join us! Once hours are out I'll have our plan set so I can update in a week or two.

Right now I am planning on Monday! We were planning on getting there later in the morning as well and alternating rides w/ F&W. Definitely planning on imbibing a bit too much. ;)

Anyhow I'd love for anyone to come join us! Once hours are out I'll have our plan set so I can update in a week or two.

totally Agree about the hours... they better hurry up so we can get on to our planning :goodvibes Monday sounds promising... that is if I survive the 1st 2 rope drops :confused3 and most likely it will be the 6th for a BBQ since no Park for that day for me and Mickey's Not so Hairy Party for me!

totally Agree about the hours... they better hurry up so we can get on to our planning :goodvibes Monday sounds promising... that is if I survive the 1st 2 rope drops :confused3 and most likely it will be the 6th for a BBQ since no Park for that day for me and Mickey's Not so Hairy Party for me!

We're going to MNSSHP on the 6th too!

How about Monday Oct 5th for the F&W food and drunk fest..:thumbsup2
10.gif
15.gif

i like the way you think geffric.
i'm penciling in on the calendar that monday the 5th is set aside for F $ W drunk day......
and with food also.........:teeth:

looks like you have DFD, Geffric, Marita and Mac joining you on the national drink day monday...

Are you dressing up? Any good costume ideas?

for the last 6 years i wear my official costume.
it is a bright orange tshirt that has the word "Costume" in black lettering across the chest.

it's a tradition for me to wear that. :laughing:

it is a bright orange tshirt that has the word "Costume" in black lettering across the chest.

[/QUOTE]

:rotfl: I love that idea!

i

Hehe, nice! I don't think we can all steal your idea though, sigh.

Hehe, nice! I don't think we can all steal your idea though, sigh.

Please feel free to dress like i do.

for one thing, it is a lot cooler to wear the tshirt and black shorts as mnsshp can be hot in early october.

and, you don't have to do any extra out of the ordinary packing for the "costume" for mnsshp.

i am flying american and it's $15 each way for the first piece of luggage.
if i need a second suitcase, that is an additional $25 each way for it.

i'm packing light this year.
one suitcase only for my 14 days in orlando![/FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Are you dressing up? Any good costume ideas?

nope am scary enough:lmao: no more costume.... the best time I ever did one was when I wore Mrs. Pots at the park... the costume came out 1st in Japan... bought and wore it and even made the Parade... and kids were awesome hugging my legs for a picture.. the year after everybody was wearing it... If I can find a Chicken Little for Adults Disney issue I will wear a costume again!!!

:rotfl: I love that idea![/QUOTE]

Mel... when are you going for MNSSHP??? I am leaning for the BBQ before the Party since no park day in the morning... will keep you posted for the BBQ:goodvibes I know I know who BBQ at the Park??? well.. ME!!!:lmao:

Please feel free to dress like i do.

for one thing, it is a lot cooler to wear the tshirt and black shorts as mnsshp can be hot in early october.

and, you don't have to do any extra out of the ordinary packing for the "costume" for mnsshp.

i am flying american and it's $15 each way for the first piece of luggage.
if i need a second suitcase, that is an additional $25 each way for it.

i'm packing light this year.
one suitcase only for my 14 days in orlando![/FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

where are you staying... on BBQ day you wanna do laundry while waiting for the BBQ ???:laughing:

i like the way you think geffric.
i'm penciling in on the calendar that monday the 5th is set aside for F $ W drunk day......
and with food also.........:teeth:

looks like you have DFD, Geffric, Marita and Mac joining you on the national drink day monday...

Pencilling in Monday for DrunkFest!!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter