• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The scariest ride you ever rode in disney world

The first time I rode M:S Orange I was terrified, for both me and my children. It was only a year or so earlier that a child had died after the ride due to an unknown heart condition :( and I was terrified that either myself or one of my family had the same condition! I knew the chances were very slim though, so I made myself go, because I knew, if we survived, we would love the ride. And we did.

My pick is strange. i have ridden all the rides at WDW but the only time I was "scared" was the time I rode Astro Orbiter with DD. After a long drive to Orlando from Baton Rouge DD and I made a special trip to MK just to ride AO. We had never ridden it before and it was something we wanted to get out of the way. By the time we got on Wishes started. What a treat!! But the ride itself was not what I expected. It was much faster and much higher then what I was ready for.

A close second would be the climb and wait for Summit Plummet. I was not afraid of the ride but I can't stand to climb all those steps and wait at the top.

Scared? There's no such thing. What's there to be scared about with any ride or attraction anywhere or any park?

I salute your absolute fearlessness. However some of us have issues with heights, falls, sustained g-forces, and boogeymen. And some of us are aware of deaths that have occurred in the Disney parks and other theme parks. So there IS such a thing as being scared of particular rides or other attractions.

Mine would be ToT. I was fine when it opened and there was only the single drop- I could manage my fear of falling on that. But once they started the multiple (and unpredictable) drops it scared me so badly that it triggered an asthma attack. Now I'm content to enjoy the queue and take the chicken exit.

ToT for sure, with Alien Encounter close behind! Summit Plummet is the scariest ride that I've never ridden. I could never even make it up the stairs!!!

I am with the Mission Space crowd. Have done it twice, and had no issues with the G-Force(first time was no choice), the closed space got to me. I think all the warning signs leading up to load the ride freaked me out so bad before getting on that I had no chance of enjoying it. Second time I tried it years later, I bailed and couldn't do it (so DH says, but in my mind I remember doing it??). Those dang warning signs work me up, and there is no way to get out!

Dinosaur, hands down. I enjoy a good scare, so I really like that ride, but I scream my face off on it.

Tower of Terror, no contest. I have a bad fear of heights, and every time I get on, I never let go of the safety bars, even before the drop. :scared1: But every trip, I just have to ride it again--it's a must-do!

Tower of Terror is mine! I still make myself go on it every trip, since it's hubby's fave, but I REALLY don't enjoy it. :scared1:

Then again, it probably doesn't help that I have a fear of elevators in the first place. lol

There is only one ride that is the scaryiest ride ever

Its a small world

I joke

For me its Alien Encounter i was scared as a 10 year old for weeks but loved it and miss it so badly . It should be Hollywood Studios with massive signs saying this is adult ride or something because its the best themed ride ever

A lot of people are scared of Tower of Terror, but as a kid, for me it was Space Mountain! Hated not being next to my parents!

ToT for me, definitely! I can do it, but I just hate that feeling of weightlessness and the unpredictability!

Tower of Terror: I never liked the falling rides, but I could do one fall. I rode once in 1994 and it was fine. Several years later, I rode again, not knowing that the ride had changed and you could experience up the 7 drops.

One drop and I thought I was done. Then it lifted me up and dropped me again. Oh. my. gosh. I seriously thought I was going to die. It was pure torture.

Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. I love it and was just trying to talk my 7yr old DD into doing it this year. The wife thinks she is too small. Naaaaaaaaaa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter