~ The Real Housewives of Orange County ~ Season 12~ 2017 ~ JULY 10th

:cool1:

Can't wait! I added it to my DVR yesterday so I was sure not to miss it!

It's looking like Jeanna will be there somewhat. At least there to explain her problems with her real estate business. I hope she's there the whole season! :thumbsup2

I hope Vicki ________________________. (fill the blank with not safe for DIS comment):rolleyes1

Thanks for the heads up.. I was just thinking about this over the weekend - wondering when it was going to start up again..:)

Good Sunday Morning!!!
Article this morning in the OCR on the Ladies! :goodvibes

Meet the season 5 cast of 'Real Housewives of O.C.'
In interviews, the women reveal secrets from the upcoming season.

By RICHARD CHANG
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Five seasons is incredible for any TV show, at a time when attention and life spans on television are shorter than those of aquatic mayflies. But "Real Housewives of Orange County" has stood the test of time, attracting millions of viewers across the country and the world. The season finales in 2008 and earlier this year drew more than 2 million U.S. viewers each – decent numbers for a cable TV program.

"I think it's because of our fabulous California lifestyle, our warm weather, when (viewers are) freezing in the snow, and they're looking at us in summer dresses and swim suits," said Jeana Keough, a "housewife" since the show started in 2006. "We have real issues and real problems that they have too. Ours may be magnified. But I think we help them through some of the things in their lives."

The reality series initially began with a focus on the exclusive, gated community of Coto de Caza. But the show has expanded to include women from Ladera Ranch, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Costa Mesa and now Newport Coast.

Most of the women are well-to-do, although the faltering economy has hit every housewife in its own way. Many of them have been involved in real estate, which has tanked in Orange County over the past few years. So season 5 will document the drama of changing fortunes and less-than-hefty bank accounts.

Returning for season 5 are original housewives Vicki Gunvalson and Jeana Keough, although the latter will make an exit early in the season. Tamra Barney, Gretchen Rossi and Lynne Curtin will also come back for more. The new cast member this year is Alexis Bellino of Newport Coast, another blonde from the South Coast.

So, without further ado, allow us to introduce the "Real Housewives of Orange County," season 5 edition:

JEANA KEOUGH

Jeana is one of the original housewives from season one. She has been voted in some polls as the most popular cast member.

This season, viewers will see Jeana go through significant lifestyle changes because of the sputtering economy and sagging real estate market.

"We're not going out to eat as much," said Jeana, 54, a real estate agent. "I cut back on a couple of cars. The kids have really learned the value of money."

Jeana is going through a divorce with former Major League Baseball player Matt Keough. She has three kids: Shane, 23, who's playing with the minor league Stockton Ports baseball team; Kara, 21, a junior at UCLA; and Colton, 17, a senior at Tesoro High School.

The former Playboy Playmate (November 1980) says she really has enjoyed being on "Housewives," and it has helped her gain referrals in her business. "People call and say, 'You don't know me, but I watch the show.' I've met a lot of friends that way."

At the same time, the series does have an effect on her personal life. "The kind of guys I date don't want to be on TV."

Jeana will appear in the first three episodes of season 5, and then say goodbye to the show, so she can focus on finances and family. "I don't think they can kill me because it's reality," she said. Her final episode will air Nov. 19.

But, as we've seen with other former cast members, once a housewife, always a housewife.

"I feel like I'm in two sororities – Playboy and the Housewives."

VICKI GUNVALSON

Another original housewife, the self-employed insurance agent has been in every episode since the show premiered in 2006.

Unlike the other housewives, her business has grown, even during these hard times. She now oversees 700 insurance agents, she's developing an insurance school called Coto University, and she's working on a book, "More Than a Housewife."

"It's all about work and family, and if it's not about that, I don't have time for it," said the tall, blond Coto de Caza resident.

Last year, she complained a lot about her husband Donn, saying her "love tank is empty" and putting him down frequently.

"I regret hurting Donn on camera. It was embarrassing for him," she acknowledges. "He didn't deserve that. We should have talked about it in private. I was feeling alone and overworked and I just felt loveless. But it hurt him."

Vicki, 47, says she has pledged to Donn, her second husband, that she won't say negative things about him anymore to the camera. She adds that things between them have been going much better this past year, and viewers may see some of the repairing of their marriage this season.

Vicki's daughter, Brianna, 22, decided not to go into the military. Instead, she's an ER trauma nurse at a local hospital. Michael, 23, is working in her business and may someday take the reins.

"It's been a great experience. It's been fun," she says about having the past four years documented on TV. "Some days I don't like my life. But I look at the big picture of life. I love everything I'm doing."

Some Vicki highlights this season will be skydiving for the first time and a family trip to Italy.

TAMRA BARNEY

In season 5, the faltering economy is really taking its toll on Tamra and her family. The Barneys have put their two-story Ladera Ranch house up for sale, but have encountered difficulty selling it in a depressed market. Like thousands of Southern California residents, she faces a situation where her home is underwater – she owes more than it's worth. She estimates it's about $600,000 upside down.

"We're never going to recoup our money, ever," she said.

The gregarious blond housewife continues to speak her mind, and sometimes gets in trouble for it. In the upcoming season, we'll see tensions between her and Gretchen Rossi continue to flare up. Family troubles also arise in the Barney household – sharp disagreements between her and husband Simon, and even occasional talk of the big "D" word – divorce.

"You're going to see some real highs and lows in our marriage," said Tamra, 42. "All I can say is we're being honest and open. Anybody that's married and claims they never fight and everything's wonderful is full of (expletive)."

Tamra continues to work in real estate, though she's taken on a new job. Rather than trying to sell properties on the regular market, she is specializing in short sales, working with Marcos Prolo of Barrington Properties.

Tamra and Gretchen will engage in a few very interesting, heated arguments in the first couple of episodes of season 5.

"We definitely have our issues," Tamra said. "I very much tried to bury the hatchet. I just think there's more to (her) story. I was drug in the middle of it. I'm so over it."

In the meantime, Tamra really is a housewife and continues to raise her children: Ryan, 23, Sidney, 10, Spencer, 9, and Sophia, 4. Ryan gets into a little trouble with the law this season (speeding tickets) and faces the prospect of serving some jail time for it.

GRETCHEN ROSSI

Gretchen was the newest housewife last season, but she's not the new kid on the block anymore.

In the upcoming season, the blond Costa Mesa resident is still grieving the loss of her fiancé, Jeff Beitzel, who died in September 2008 of leukemia. At the same time, she has found a new love interest – Slade Smiley of all people, the ex-fiancé of former "housewife" Jo de La Rosa. (He also dated former cast member Lauri Waring Peterson briefly.)

Of all the men in the world, why the goofy co-host of "Date My Ex: Jo & Slade"?

"Honestly, I asked myself this question too," Gretchen said. "Slade and I have been friends for eight years. He was the only person, besides my family, to call me every day after Jeff died. When somebody is there for you so much, a fondness is just automatically there."

She says she met Slade one day for business, then the two had drinks afterward. "All of a sudden the dynamic just kinda changed. I hadn't seen him in a while, and he just looked really cute. We ended up talking for five hours in Islands, in this little booth. We had such a good time, and we haven't spent a day apart since."

Over the past year or so, Gretchen has been the subject of some controversy. A couple of the housewives did not completely believe her story last season, and one Huntington Beach man has claimed that he was her "secret boyfriend" while she was dating Beitzel. (She denies this.) She filed a temporary restraining order against him, which she later dropped. Plus, some very revealing pictures of Gretchen surfaced on the Internet.

"I think I got beat up pretty bad last year," said Gretchen, 32. "I made some bad decisions and associated with poisonous people who weren't good for me. Looking back on it now, I allowed a lot of it to happen."

Gretchen has started her own makeup line, called Gretchen Christine Beaute, and was a spokeswoman and candidate for "Woman of the Year" for the Orange County and Inland Empire chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

"I had some of the best times in my life," she said about her charity work. "After the loss of Jeff, it gave me the ability to still do something. The sense of loss and hopelessness went away. It was beyond fulfilling."

Even though technically she's not a "housewife," she still wears the blingy, multi-carat diamond engagement ring Jeff gave her. The Bravo show will follow her as she strives to put her life back together.

ALEXIS BELLINO

The newest cast member of the show really is a housewife. She's a stay-at-home mom in Newport Coast, and has three young children: James, 3, Melania, 2, and Mackenna, 2. Her husband, Jim, is an entrepreneur.

Alexis says Jeana Keough, who had done business with Jim, recommended her to the producers of the show, and that's how they found her. In other words, no one was picked from the casting call and auditions held at South Coast Plaza earlier this year.

Alexis, 32, doesn't mind taking on a very traditional role in her marriage. At the same time, being on "Real Housewives" has opened up some doors.

"The show has given me the opportunity to find that one thing. I just was ready to do something else, on top of being a full-time mom."

Originally from Hannibal, Mo., Alexis has lived in Southern California for about 8 years and Orange County for nearly 6. She says she's "spiritual and Christian," and regularly attends Free Chapel Church in Irvine. "In my household, my God is first. My husband and my children are next, and those are the most important things in our life. We live our life around those three entities, and from there, everything else falls into place. We just try to be better people every day of our lives. We know we're not perfect."

Season 5 will show Alexis taking care of her family, but also working out and maintaining her detailed beauty regimen. And, of course, she'll meet and hang out with the other housewives.

"There's definitely an initiation just being the new person coming in," she said. "I do feel like there's hesitation from certain individuals in the group. As the new girl, they just have their guard completely up. But I am who I am. So they're going to have to like me or handle me or tolerate me long enough while I'm doing the functions."

LYNNE CURTIN

The laid-back Laguna Beach mom has learned not to be so passive all of the time. In season 5, we see her develop her own fashion accessories line, focusing on decorated cuffs (her designs can be seen at lynnecurtin.com.

Unfortunately, her husband Frank's development business has taken a turn for the worse in the sagging economy. The Curtins face possible eviction from their Laguna Beach home, and, in fact, move out after a three-day notice "to perform or evacuate premises" is served to them.

Lynne says her family "paid for every day we were in the house," and a police report that was in the works for items that may have gone missing was an "illegitimate report."

"It was hurtful because we knew it wasn't true," Lynne said about reports on TMZ.com and elsewhere about her eviction and the police report, which never materialized. "They were misinformed."

This season, we will witness Lynne contemplating and ultimately proceeding with plastic surgery, to deal with sagging skin around her neck. She uses the same plastic surgeon who worked on Tamra's mom's face.

"I am so happy with his work," said Lynne, 53. She wants to clarify that she did not pay for plastic surgery instead of the rent. "This was paid for long ago, and I am making payments. I've already paid for part of it. I have a bit of a balance to pay off. I have a good credit system."

Lynne says she has forgiven and forgotten the negative things the other housewives said about her last season, her first.

She adds that her daughters, Raquel, 19, and Alexa, 17, are doing well. Raquel is back in school and "was a little embarrassed" by scenes of her and her friends, all underage, drinking at a bowling alley last season.

"She's a good girl," Lynne said. "She knows how bad alcohol is for your body and your appearance."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/season-housewives-housewife-2629474-time-real

Thanks momrek06 for the article, now I just need to set my DVR, can't wait!!:laughing: There will be lots of drama I'm sure!

TONIGHT, Ladies!!! :happytv:

Thanks so much for that HUGE list of info on each of the housewives.. I'll be taping - though I'm not sure if I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow..:thumbsup2

Oh my freakin' crap.

Surprise! Vikki and Tamra are still pieces of bleep.:rolleyes:

Vickie is really something. Jeana and Vickie have been friends from the beginning. She cuts her off when her friend needs her most? She is scum. I'm know fan of Gretchen but Tamara is bad new. Tonights show was about a bunch of broke women trying to be something they are not anymore. It's almost painful to watch. Vickie may still have money but she has become the devil. The Orange County women have always been my favorite. When Tamara entered they slowly have gone downhill. Vickie I think has lost her mind. It's sad Jeana is leaving. She was the most decent of them all. The others are fake and from the looks of it broke.

I taped it - and haven't watched it yet - but I don't think there will be any big surprises.. I didn't like Vicki and Tamra last year and I doubt I will like them any better this year..

I cannot stand Tamara. She is a nasty, shallow woman. She is so jealous of Gretchen.

I do not like Vicki at all. She just mean.

I do not like Lynn but I can tolerate her. She's not mean. Just kind of boring.

I like Gretchen. She makes the show interesting.

I really like Jeana and I'm SO bummed she's leaving. She's the nicest housewife.

The show has gone down hill but I just can't stop watching!!!

I cannot stand Tamara. She is a nasty, shallow woman. She is so jealous of Gretchen.

I really like Jeana and I'm SO bummed she's leaving. She's the nicest housewife.

What are you doing inside of my head??? LOL..

:thumbsup2

'Don't believe everything you read that I say...oh by the way you make my skin crawl and you're a hooker.':confused:

The Cuffs are back!! :scared1::rotfl: I thought they would die after the first season. Who would pay as much as she's charging for those things?!

When did Slade turn into the Uni-bomber? :confused3

Tamra is so ridiculously mean and you can tell she's miserable in her own life. One thing I didn't understand is why she continues to throw things like the "red carpet party" and is a member of a gym when she's losing her home (and her marriage).

I think Gretchen is a really sweet hearted person that is easily influenced by other people. But I think she's GORGEOUS, has learned to stand up for herself, and I hope the best for her this season.

I can't believe with the amount of money Jeana has made in her lifetime that she didn't have a back up plan or any major savings. I would be sick at myself thinking about the millions of dollars I had thrown down the drain and not saved.

I'm glad Vicki and Donn are working on their marriage but I don't think she's changed. She craves attention from other people and I think likes playing the victim.

Can't wait to meet the new housewife and to watch the rest of the season!!

Did anyone else think Jeana seemed medicated? She was very subdued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter