*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

53 days for us!!
I got all of my Amazon Prime Day packages (which were all things for the trip), so DH is itching to pack already. I'm trying to hold off till after our camping trip on August 3.
I booked the Hyatt MCO for our last night since we're taking the 7:30am flight home on Sunday. This way on Saturday we have the full day to enjoy at Disney without worrying about catching the tragical express.
I still have to book our car service since DH refuses to take ME after the debacle we experienced last time with us waiting for the ME bus to leave for almost an hour, and our luggage not arriving to our room until 2:30am.

Still have lots of little things to do, like order our magicband decals, refine our touring plan, figuring out outfits, etc.

Also, we're considering another trip in May for my 40th (eek!) birthday. :rolleyes1

I’m booking with FLTours for our March trip. Flight gets in at 11pm and last time we got in late ME took FOREVER!

I'm debating wether we should just book an Uber when we arrive rather than going on the ME. We're flying from the UK and normally we arrive in the evening, but this time we fly direct and will arrive around 4pm, so we thought we'll go to DS for the evening. I don't want to get stuck waiting a long time for ME though. What do you guys think? How likely am I to have a long wait if we do ME?

Just cancelled the extra studio we had booked. Bet somebody is happy.

FYI - all the building requests on my reservation were, "wrong". Wrong = Buildings I would never request. I haven't rented points to anyone in 15+ years so it couldn't be that. I am the only one with access to the account. Request is always specific building (cross fingers) - not a vague, 'near pool' kind of thing.

Reminds me of a trip a few years ago - we were put into a building I don't like - bottom floor. When I called the front desk, they said they only had top floor of Building X & Y. Building X & Y top floor are exactly what I had asked for originally. Weird. I was moved. This July month is taking too long!

JUst ordered 30 disney gift cards to pay off my son and daughers trip they are staying at AOA in a cars suite with sons gf and her 5 yr old son, it will be the gf and her sons first trip to WDW so its a big event for us.. Plus something special and romantic will happen... :rainbow: Im super excited!

We're attending the party that night too, maybe we'll see you there! We'll be two adults dressed as Donald Duck and Daisy Duck :)
I'll look for you! We will be two adults not wearing anything special :laughing: No, I'll most likely get some type of Disney Halloween shirt, but otherwise we'll be boring!

I’m booking with FLTours for our March trip. Flight gets in at 11pm and last time we got in late ME took FOREVER!
Florida Magical Tours? Our clients use them all the time, great company, always good experiences.

I'm debating wether we should just book an Uber when we arrive rather than going on the ME. We're flying from the UK and normally we arrive in the evening, but this time we fly direct and will arrive around 4pm, so we thought we'll go to DS for the evening. I don't want to get stuck waiting a long time for ME though. What do you guys think? How likely am I to have a long wait if we do ME?
I don't know if someone can chime in, but as I understand it, ME is much faster during normal business hours. We experienced issues because our flight was a little delayed so it was after 9:30 by the time we got to ME. We didn't get to Pop until 11pm, which was totally unacceptable.
I think if I was coming in at an earlier time (like mid-day or before dinner) I'd take ME. But we usually like the last nonstop flight from my town, which doesn't get in until 8:30.

I don't know if someone can chime in, but as I understand it, ME is much faster during normal business hours. We experienced issues because our flight was a little delayed so it was after 9:30 by the time we got to ME. We didn't get to Pop until 11pm, which was totally unacceptable.
I think if I was coming in at an earlier time (like mid-day or before dinner) I'd take ME. But we usually like the last nonstop flight from my town, which doesn't get in until 8:30.

Yep. We've never had an issue during the day. We get in at 11:10am in September and have no issue taking ME, even with a 2:30 ADR we need to get to.

When it's 10pm and you have to grab your luggage and then wait 30 minutes for a bus and then 30 minutes for it to leave MCO you get annoyed. I won't make that mistake again!!!

Reviewing plans - STUPID mistake. Halloween party is scheduled for my MK day. We have tickets for the one on the 11th. Didn't realize the park was also closing early on the 9th... Stupid, stupid, stupid

Reviewing plans - STUPID mistake. Halloween party is scheduled for my MK day. We have tickets for the one on the 11th. Didn't realize the park was also closing early on the 9th... Stupid, stupid, stupid
Easy mistake to make! I always forget to check on this for clients and then luckily remember before doing their park days, but it can really throw you off!

Easy mistake to make! I always forget to check on this for clients and then luckily remember before doing their park days, but it can really throw you off!

Thanks for that.
FP+ are done. Not much space to shift plans. Also, hate losing the time. We have O'hana ADRs. Need to switch to EPCOT for the evening.

We actually plan our MK days on party days; the crowds are WAY lower, and even though you're out of the park earlier you get a lot done. Hope it works out for you!

So frustrated with FP+ availability! Since we're doing split stay, the 2nd half of my trip has been booked on the rolling 60 days and we haven't been able to get 7DMT, Slinky, or FOP on those days. We booked 30 days out in June and got FOP and 7DMT easily. Either September is gonna be crazy crowded this year or all the planners/researchers like me are going in September! I wouldn't trade my off property stay (no ride is worth $2,500+ price difference IMO), but it is frustrating to see no availability at all.

So frustrated with FP+ availability! Since we're doing split stay, the 2nd half of my trip has been booked on the rolling 60 days and we haven't been able to get 7DMT, Slinky, or FOP on those days. We booked 30 days out in June and got FOP and 7DMT easily. Either September is gonna be crazy crowded this year or all the planners/researchers like me are going in September! I wouldn't trade my off property stay (no ride is worth $2,500+ price difference IMO), but it is frustrating to see no availability at all.

I can't believe the lack of FP availability! We choose Sept specifically for crowd reasons and I am freaking out! Hope I am worrying over nothing...

Today would have been my oldest sons 26th birthday. I got on the computer was looking at my Disney facebook groups and then I realized the date and it felt like someone dropped a building on me. I lost my mother back in March as well and planning this Disney trip is the only thing that got me through and Im so grateful for it..

I can't believe the lack of FP availability! We choose Sept specifically for crowd reasons and I am freaking out! Hope I am worrying over nothing...
The crowds in Sept have always been decent and they extended the free dining promo bc thet didnt have as many ppl book as they thought so I think its still gonna be ok. Some of the more popular FP are hard to get no matter when you go, it also depends on when your 60 days are as well, I noticed mine were on a MOn and then the other part of my familys was Thurs and my fp were so much easier to get then the ones I got for them on Thurs..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter