*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

At this point I trust nothing I see on the Disney app or website. It's been so glitchy lately...I feel for the people this week who were trying to make FP's and couldn't even access the system!
That's a good idea I just printed out a couple copies of ours so I can hand them out to our group..

That's a good idea I just printed out a couple copies of ours so I can hand them out to our group..

I also saved a copy to the cloud for easy retrieval on the phone. Some people take a picture or screen shot of each day and then save it as their lock screen each day so they don't waste time or battery navigating

I finally booked airfare so we are "officially" officially going - for some reason this trip doesn't have me as crazed and obsessed as usual. I think because I had 3 other trips all happening before it so my focus was on other things, once my long weekend in Mid August is over i can start to obsess. I just hope its not awful hot - last 5 trips have been Dec or April - but with half the stay at BCV at least we have a nice pool to use midday during the heat. A quick walk over to Rose & Crown too :)

9 days to FP-Day and all I ask is that the system comes back to normal. All this talk about problems to access and select Fastpass is giving me terrible headaches.

I will be going on my 2nd ever Disney Vacation Sep. 18-24 with my mom. Last year was my first, and we went in early August. I know the weather won't be any better in September, but hoping for slightly lower crowds! We stay at Shades of Green since we are retired military. Just booked my fast passes with minimal technical difficulties, took me around 20 minutes for our 5 (park) day trip. I was able to get Alien Swirling Saucers FP+1 and FOP FP+4 and FP+5. There were only afternoon times for SDMT on FP+4. Our first park day is our Hollywood Studios, so I am thinking positively that I might be able to modify to SDD the day before, but if not we will plan to rope drop.

I used the Touring Plans FP Availability to have an idea of what was available before logging into the system. Now time to tweak all my plans since I have times for everything- I might be slightly obsessed with planning, but I think I am in good company with that. I look forward to hearing about everyone's trips!

I finally booked airfare so we are "officially" officially going - for some reason this trip doesn't have me as crazed and obsessed as usual. I think because I had 3 other trips all happening before it so my focus was on other things, once my long weekend in Mid August is over i can start to obsess. I just hope its not awful hot - last 5 trips have been Dec or April - but with half the stay at BCV at least we have a nice pool to use midday during the heat. A quick walk over to Rose & Crown too :)

Oh it will be awful hot lol. One day last September, the real feel temp was 116...my eyelash extensions melted off! I didn’t even know that was possible! But there are so many air conditioned areas that the heat really isn’t as horrific as it sounds. You will have a great time :)

FastPass day was this morning. I was very nervous about the site with the recent technical difficulties but everything went smoothly on the tech side so hopefully it will be good for all of you who have an upcoming FP day.

I was surprised at the lack of availability on FOP, 7DMT, etc. I expected SDD to be hard to get but based on the feedback here on the ease of securing FP's so far for September I was surprised by the lack of availability or at the very least limited availability even at 60+4. Of course, we are more "end of September" then beginning of September so I am sure the crowds are increasing as we move later.

All in all a good morning...all downhill from here!

I was surprised at the lack of availability on FOP, 7DMT, etc. I expected SDD to be hard to get but based on the feedback here on the ease of securing FP's so far for September I was surprised by the lack of availability or at the very least limited availability even at 60+4. Of course, we are more "end of September" then beginning of September so I am sure the crowds are increasing as we move later.

My FastPass day is tomorrow so I’ve been following availability on Touring Plans and over the past week availability has dropped FOP has been available at 60+1 up until 5 days ago but not anymore. September is when I usually go, I’m preparing myself for more crowds this year.

Today is the fastpass day for our Wed, Sept 19th arrival and the first SDD fp available was for Sat t 4:35pm. It was also the only one available time for that day. The next available times were Sunday starting around 3:30 which wouldn't have worked for us because we will be on our way home by then. September is a low crowd month. I hate to see what is going to happen during the busier times of year.

We have 38 days until our September 1 trip. Have to get through taking the CT Bar Exam next week and then I can finally start packing!

Today is the fastpass day for our Wed, Sept 19th arrival and the first SDD fp available was for Sat t 4:35pm. It was also the only one available time for that day. The next available times were Sunday starting around 3:30 which wouldn't have worked for us because we will be on our way home by then. September is a low crowd month. I hate to see what is going to happen during the busier times of year.

I have a feeling it won't be easy for our quick trip in March. That's why we're spending a lot of time in HS on this one.

I finally decided which rooms to request at AKL and Poly for our upcoming trip (I know they are only requests but I enjoy the process lol). So from the looks of it, my planning is completely up to date and I can now focus on obsessing over something slightly less Disney related...which at the moment is whether or not I should chop off 10 inches of my hair before the trip lol

Down to 46 days and I finally decided to leave our plans alone! I have been modifying nightly because there are so many dining options still available! I have all our dining and FP set up so we can make a complete circle around each park without having to cross back and forth which was hard to do. We did the CL FP program plus we have 2 anytime FP for each day so we will be taking our time. This will be our first stroller free trip so I don't want the kids to get worn out. The only thing I will add if it becomes available is the Frozen dessert party. Still stalking MDE daily waiting for it.

I don't think I've posted since making our FP's as we've had a lot going on over here, but we're down to 54 days until our adults only trip :) We're also going to the 9/16 MNSSHP, can't wait! It's my absolute favorite hard ticket event and we haven't been in 4 years.
Now if I could only get my butt moving on our Nov. trip plans.......

I made our FP selections today for our trip starting 20th Sept. Got FoP for 60+2 (early evening) and again at 60+7 at 9:20am, which was our back-up day. Got SDD at 60+10 but we might RD it earlier, we'll see. Got 7DMT at 60+6 but was lucky bc somehow I missed it completely the first time I made our selections lol. All up, I'm really happy with our FPs. We are staying for 11 nights so are lucky we were able to shift our day's plans around as needed. Plus we have only 2 early start days, which my 16 and 25 year olds are thankful for!

2 of our 4 costumes arrived last week for MNSSHP we are attending on 23rd Sept, the other 2 are due this week. DD16 loves hers, which makes everything easier! Also selected our seats on our 2 internal US flights yesterday (we are coming from Australia). I love how everything is really starting to come together - bring on September 20!!!

I don't think I've posted since making our FP's as we've had a lot going on over here, but we're down to 54 days until our adults only trip :) We're also going to the 9/16 MNSSHP, can't wait! It's my absolute favorite hard ticket event and we haven't been in 4 years.
Now if I could only get my butt moving on our Nov. trip plans.......
We're attending the party that night too, maybe we'll see you there! We'll be two adults dressed as Donald Duck and Daisy Duck :)

53 days for us!!
I got all of my Amazon Prime Day packages (which were all things for the trip), so DH is itching to pack already. I'm trying to hold off till after our camping trip on August 3.
I booked the Hyatt MCO for our last night since we're taking the 7:30am flight home on Sunday. This way on Saturday we have the full day to enjoy at Disney without worrying about catching the tragical express.
I still have to book our car service since DH refuses to take ME after the debacle we experienced last time with us waiting for the ME bus to leave for almost an hour, and our luggage not arriving to our room until 2:30am.

Still have lots of little things to do, like order our magicband decals, refine our touring plan, figuring out outfits, etc.

Also, we're considering another trip in May for my 40th (eek!) birthday. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter