*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

That's awesome! In your experience, should we use snack credits for F&W instead of doing a quick service lunch? Or should we do both?

It all depends on how much you see at the booths that you want or feel like eating. There are a ton of booths and a ton of options, but there's no guarantee that you'll want to try everything and become full with it all, since it's more like very small portions of the items. It's kind of like a taste testing. I guess part of it depends on how much you and your family eat and how much they would be willing to eat some of what is offered at the booths.

If you are thinking about doing both, though, I'd probably stop by the F&W booths first and then maybe if you're still hungry after that you can get a QS as opposed to eating an actual lunch first and then finding that you're too full for the things at the booths. On our last trip we went to the booths at night and that was kind of our substitute dinner, I guess.

After you get food from these F&W booths, where do you sit down to eat? We're thinking of visiting these booths during lunch/early afternoon, but if we have to stand in the sun to eat, I'm not sure if we'll be overheated and lose our appetite..

I don't dare look at the tropical weather forecast. Too soon and too scary.
It’s too far out to make any predictions for tropical weather impacts in September anyways. Even if we somehow knew this was going to be a very active season (which we don’t), we have no way to tell when or where we’ll get storms. So no reason to stress out about that now.

Check back a week or two before you leave. Nothing before that will have any impact on your vacation, short of some apocalyptic storm that levels all of central Florida.

After you get food from these F&W booths, where do you sit down to eat? We're thinking of visiting these booths during lunch/early afternoon, but if we have to stand in the sun to eat, I'm not sure if we'll be overheated and lose our appetite..
Nowhere, really, unless you manage to grab a bench or take a table at a quick service place. There are standing-height tables with umbrellas scattered around Epcot, but no added seating really (even the indoor booths like the one in the Odyssey building didn’t have seating). Portions are small enough you probably don’t need to grab a table, though (and you’ll be wandering from booth to booth anyways— it’s set up to encourage you to graze).

I think I sat to eat maybe once last year for Food and Wine? That was at the booth near the American pavilion with the BBQ; it was adjacent to the little picnic area that’s over there.

It all depends on how much you see at the booths that you want or feel like eating. There are a ton of booths and a ton of options, but there's no guarantee that you'll want to try everything and become full with it all, since it's more like very small portions of the items. It's kind of like a taste testing. I guess part of it depends on how much you and your family eat and how much they would be willing to eat some of what is offered at the booths.

If you are thinking about doing both, though, I'd probably stop by the F&W booths first and then maybe if you're still hungry after that you can get a QS as opposed to eating an actual lunch first and then finding that you're too full for the things at the booths. On our last trip we went to the booths at night and that was kind of our substitute dinner, I guess.

Thank you! 2 of my kids are pretty picky so I’m not sure if they would enjoy some of what the booths offer or not, so we shall see! I’m super excited though! Last year, we had 1 Epcot day due to Irma but my baby was rushed to ER so we weren’t able to enjoy it. Hoping to this year!

It’s too far out to make any predictions for tropical weather impacts in September anyways. Even if we somehow knew this was going to be a very active season (which we don’t), we have no way to tell when or where we’ll get storms. So no reason to stress out about that now.

Check back a week or two before you leave. Nothing before that will have any impact on your vacation, short of some apocalyptic storm that levels all of central Florida.

I am friends with our State's offical weatherman. He would say the same thing. I have children flying in overseas and anything on the Eastern seaboard can ground planes.

My company probably know nothing about the atlantic hurricane season because they scheduled my business trip to North Caroline for September.

Since I get to double dip on the AP events I had to change up some things on 9/6!

8am--TSL AP event
9:05am --RnR FP
10:15am--Star Tours FP
11:15am--SDD FP
12:55pm --Sci-Fi lunch

Guess we will head back to CR after lunch for a nice long break before heading to Epcot for the after hours event. I have no idea what time to head over. It says check in begins at 4pm. If anyone else is going please let me know what your plan is!

Ok so apparently I feel need to add plans to my "low planned out" trip because I am nuts - been wondering about doing an Epcot tour. Thinking maybe do one our last day, which is a Saturday (and likely to be more crowded than during the week) just not sure which one - anyone have any pro/con about either the Undiscovered FW or the Destinations WS one - TIA!

OMG
I cannot stand the wait. It is killing me this week. July is taking forever and we were at the beach for the first week!

YES!! My husband and I were saying this at lunch today. We were visiting family in Florida (not Disney, boo) until July 10 and the month has crawled by!

DD and I made a chain countdown to start at our 30 day mark and I feel it collecting dust in my closet! We’re 45 our from today and it’s the slowest wait EVER!!

YES!! My husband and I were saying this at lunch today. We were visiting family in Florida (not Disney, boo) until July 10 and the month has crawled

DD and I made a chain countdown to start at our 30 day mark and I feel it collecting dust in my closet! We’re 45 our from today and it’s the slowest wait EVER!!

It's been oppressive hot and humid for our area all month. Days and nights are the same. Maybe because the month started on a Sunday? IDK

We're 53 days away from our trip, the first part being on the Disney Dream, and we've started to seriously shop for clothes and various other things that we may want to replace in our wardrobe for the trip. It feels like we have just enough time if we don't find things to look elsewhere and put off things for a bit longer but it also feels like it'll be here any moment and we won't be ready, with 6 people and one 2-year-old it'll be a lot of stuff to get ready. It does feel like it'll be here any moment for me, though. With work putting up the schedule 2 weeks ahead of time, it's already posted for the first full week of August, it always seems like things are a little faster in my mind. It's like a mind game haha.

I am at 52 days. It seems like it's taking forever, but I know that with our schedule, August will absolutely FLY by. I'm going to blink and it will be after Labor Day. So I've already ordered a few things we're taking with us (ponchos, etc.) and have them in a box ready to be packed. I'll be gathering things as we go, but DH has a few business trips and we have an overnight trip before I can even begin to think about packing for real. I'm not trying to wish away the days, but I can't wait for our trip!

Frustrated. I'm sure some of you will understand.

Got a Touring Plans Reservation Finder text today for the highest priority ADR I need. Only to find it 30 minutes afterwards & it was already gone.

Arrrgh.

Frustrated. I'm sure some of you will understand.

Got a Touring Plans Reservation Finder text today for the highest priority ADR I need. Only to find it 30 minutes afterwards & it was already gone.

Arrrgh.

Payment for dining plans is 30 days out. Still a chance people will cancel. You need to hire someone to watch it for you. LOL

43 days! Argggg come on it seems like July is taking forever lol. Altho we need to get my mothers house completely cleaned out and on the market by the time we leave... we can only work on Sundays over there so its a time crunch..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter