*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Added a night on to the start of our trip so that we can be there for the Toy Story Land AP event on 9/28. We are 9/27-10/4 now.
Still trying to decide if we should do MNSSHP since we just went last year but this will be our last trip for a while and I'm intrigued by the new "lighting and effects" for some rides. This was supposed to be a quick F&W trip!

This is really different from other Disney resorts. Whenever I go to Tokyo or Anaheim, I just booked my hotel and park tickets and leave them alone until we leave. For WDW, we have 60 days to second guess and third guess and fourth guess our plans

49 days! It's finally getting really real. Now if I can just leave our plans alone.

I agree! I am pretty satisfied with my park days/dining/fast pass selections, but I want to keep adding on special things that we do not need whatsoever. So far we have 2 dessert parties, 3 Halloween parties, 3 special tours, and a Pirates League appointment. I need to step away from my itinerary for the next 46 days before it gets even more insane lol

I agree! I am pretty satisfied with my park days/dining/fast pass selections, but I want to keep adding on special things that we do not need whatsoever. So far we have 2 dessert parties, 3 Halloween parties, 3 special tours, and a Pirates League appointment. I need to step away from my itinerary for the next 46 days before it gets even more insane lol
We decided to skip the dessert parties this trip since we did the CL FP and got the VIP viewings but I keep changing ADR and I hate it! There is just too many great places to eat lol

Not sure what airline you are flying but our September Southwest flights just dropped 20% yesterday! Wishing you luck...

I keep checking our Southwest flights to see if they went down, but they are currently sitting at $630 round trip. Ouch. Glad we bought earlier with points and have been able to adjust down a couple times.

So... I am 50 days out as of today and I started packing...yesterday! lol I packed some of my new Disney tops, the new shorts I bought hubby that I don't want him to wear until the trip,
all 8 pairs of my Mickey ears and the new toiletries and travel toiletries I bought just for the trip.. I am getting so excited I can hardly stand it.. Like even now Im at work typing this and Im all butterflies...

On another note I had to rent a scooter for the trip, this will be my first time ever but with some of the health issues my doctor thought it would be best in the heat and with the amount of walking you do. I was a little disappointed but I was really starting to worry about how well I would do, I was worried I would be miserable and drag everyone down, now they will have to keep up with me! lol

I got a really good deal so those of you that need t0 rent a scooter or know some one that might, check out Clouds of Good! They give you a discount if you rent 4+ days plus I got a promo code too so for 8 days I paid $145, the scooter breaks down int9o 4 pieces so you can put it in the trunk of your car if you need to which is good for us, we stay at three different resorts during our 9 night stay. The only thing I will miss is being able to use the little boats you can take to the GF and Poly from MK but I guess Ill have to suffer it out on the monorail lol

lol I know what you mean about the food! We could really base a whole trip around it and not go on a single ride...just eat ourselves in to a stupor lol
I thought we were the only ones lol! We actually are using the Deluxe DDP this time to try several places we haven't been able to over the years, we have 20 ADRs over the 9 nights! Not to mention the snack credits spent at F &W

I thought we were the only ones lol! We actually are using the Deluxe DDP this time to try several places we haven't been able to over the years, we have 20 ADRs over the 9 nights! Not to mention the snack credits spent at F &W

Oh not just you guys at all. It’s like some weird Pavlov’s Dog effect where as soon as I am at Disney World, I must eat lol

A bit strange...
My intinerary only showed 1 FP for the 15th. I keep a good old fashioned printed copy on hand. It showed 3. I checked twice. Finally, I went to add a new FP to replace the missing ones, the system said I already had 3. Viewed my plans from the FP screen, voila - all 3 were there exactly as they are on the printed sheet. Weird.

44 days to go! I'm done changing things around, because I'm super happy with the plan. Been listening to podcast trip reports and watching lots of YouTube (even more than usual).

School starts here on 8/6 and I'm even done preparing for that!

I can't believe how close it's getting.

A bit strange...
My intinerary only showed 1 FP for the 15th. I keep a good old fashioned printed copy on hand. It showed 3. I checked twice. Finally, I went to add a new FP to replace the missing ones, the system said I already had 3. Viewed my plans from the FP screen, voila - all 3 were there exactly as they are on the printed sheet. Weird.
At this point I trust nothing I see on the Disney app or website. It's been so glitchy lately...I feel for the people this week who were trying to make FP's and couldn't even access the system!

This is really different from other Disney resorts. Whenever I go to Tokyo or Anaheim, I just booked my hotel and park tickets and leave them alone until we leave. For WDW, we have 60 days to second guess and third guess and fourth guess our plans

WDW requires the most planning and some "insider information" as it's the largest of the park areas. I know DL is much more chill, lol!

A bit strange...
The system has been very wonky this week more then usual ppl that hit there 30/60 day mark had to call in to make their fast passes. I will never understand why Disney hasn't done something about their terrible system. Im gonna be livid if something causes us to miss something important to us while we are actually there bc the system is wonky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter