The First-Ever DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge!!!

first time posting a picture, hope this works!
AK2.jpg

YAY!! You got it to work. And I'm so glad you did. This is GORGEOUS! I love that kit (I have it too).

i see people recoloring glitter and i can never get that to work! how do you do it? (I use PSE)

I don't use Elements. So I don't know if you have the same settings as me, but when I recolor glitter all I do is adjust the hue. In Image, Adjustments, Hue & Saturation. Anybody use Elements who can help??

Here's my entry, hopefully I do it right- I've never posted a link before.

LilEars.jpg

I used different 'patterns' for my title and hope that will be okay for the every letter a different color since the letters themselves are actually different?

Good job! We'll count it for the title! :) This is soooo cute. It looks just right. Good job!

I'll PM you two your links. Has anyone else done an entry and not got a PM from me? I think I got everyone.

I'm having the hardest time with mine. Like a lot of you I don't want to mess up my beloved Disney pics.

Wow!!! This is amazing! I will definitely be looking to this for ideas after we go to Disneyland this summer. Great job

Thanks! I just love templates. I have a horrible time trying to place photos on a page so if I have a template it makes the decision for me!

i see people recoloring glitter and i can never get that to work! how do you do it? (I use PSE)

I use PSE 5 & 6. On your full edit page, choose "Enhance" at the top. Select "Adjust Hue & Saturation". That brings up a set of 3 sliders. I use the hue to get a different color then use saturation to make it deeper or lighter in shade. If you like to use hot keys, just use control U from your edit page and it brings up the same thing.

I love all of the pages so far. There will be much scraplifting this week!

OK, I did it! I found an old CD with Microsoft Digital Image Pro on it and re-installed it on my desktop! It wasn't that hard to figure out (I used it in the past, so I don't know why I never put it back on the computer, but it is there now!). I couldn't really figure out how to get the shadows how I wanted them, so I gave up on that for now. I can always add more shadows later! Anyway, I hope you like it and I hope my interpretation of "every letter a different color" is OK!

I used paper from Britt's Leave the World Behind, and elements from her Mouse in the House kit. Also label frame from Seebee's Freebies, and swirls by Lindsay Jane Designs. The fonts are Cooper Black and Andy. I scanned the picture and the card from Mickey! See, I told you I was scanning memorabilia like crazy yesterday!

280901634_ioVYF-L.jpg

:lovestruc I love this! WOW! What a magical birthday surprise!! I want that for MY birthday!!!!!

Great work getting the challenge done overcoming all your technical woes!! :thumbsup2

xoxo

I scrapped mine!!

Click the image to see the credits.

With the dark background on all the photos and the black paper I HAD to give my pics white borders. I'm not counting these as a frame. They are just white-bordered photos. ;) Right??

All my other M-O-U-S-E requirements are pretty straight forward. Hope you guys like it. This was fun!! I've been wanting to scrap this page forever. My camera at the time was LAME and so I had to borrow lots of pics from flickr. Could I have shoved one more photo onto this page? I don't think so!! I haven't scrapped a page with this many photos in soooo long! I can't wait to go back and see Fantasmic with my NEW camera! OH YEAH!!

Brittney=wonderful! I love your page! I had to have the alpha so I just bought it. I am going to have a great collection of sparkly alphas!

Here is my page. I took my DD5 and my DS3 to see the Princess on Ice show. I started started digital scrapping about a couple months ago. Let me know what you think.

2008Album-Page019-1.jpg

Credits:

Paper is from Creative Memories Vintage Digital Kit. Frame is from a kit called White Chocolate that I got from the DigiFree site (don't know the designer's name... sorry). Alpha is from the Happiest Kit on Earth and Mickey (recolored) and buttons are from Mouse in the House (large one is recolored). Both of these kits from Britt-ish Designs.

:lovestruc I love this! WOW! What a magical birthday surprise!! I want that for MY birthday!!!!!

Great work getting the challenge done overcoming all your technical woes!! :thumbsup2

xoxo

You can get birthday surprises by asking at the front desk at your WDW resort. I assume they do them for adults, too! I told them we were celebrating his birthday that week and that Mickey is his favorite character. AJ actually ended up getting two cards because Mickey accidentally spelled his name wrong on the first one! (I never thought you could spell AJ wrong, but they spelled it EJ!). Luckily, he's little enough that he didn't really mind!

Britt -- I couldn't figure out where your frame was until I saw it in the credits! It is very subtle, but now I see it clearly when I look at the page. I love that sparkly alpha. I'll need to pick that one up!

BriarRose -- thanks for the compliments!

Brittney=wonderful! I love your page! I had to have the alpha so I just bought it. I am going to have a great collection of sparkly alphas!

Cool!! It recolors soooo easily that you can use it over and over and over!! Enjoy it!!

Here is my page. I took my DD5 and my DS3 to see the Princess on Ice show. I started started digital scrapping about a couple months ago. Let me know what you think.

2008Album-Page019-1.jpg

WOW!! Only a few months and this is what you're scrapping! CONGRATS its really awesome! Looks like you were made to digi-scrap! :) hehe

Everyone's look so fantastic! :cheer2:
Here's mine, click the photo to go to gallery and see full credits:

LOVE THIS!! All the bright colors look sooo cute with Ariel. The photos are AWESOME too. Will you come join us at ScrapMatters and post this there? All the girls would LOVE to see it!!!

SOOOOO many wonderful entries. I'll be PMing you all your download links! I don't know if we're going to need all week! Every DIS digi-scrapper is going to have their entries in by tomorrow night at this rate! HAHAH

I'm glad everyone is having fun!!

Oh yes we will! No, honestly, don't hold it up for me. I was doing some graphics this morning but it was magnets for the cruise I'm leaving for tomorrow. Guess I just have to put out whatever fire's burning hottest first, eh? But I do hope to be able to do this challenge and have really enjoyed looking over everyone else's stuff. But then again, if you decide to end early, don't hold it on me or anything because with a little luck and the Grace of God, I'm gonna be outta here by noon tomorrow.

If I wanted to make my title look more 3-D and sticker-like, would something like this action from Atomic cupcake be what I'm looking for? I should have PSE 3.0 or 5.0 soon, so that's what I will be using for stuff like that. Let me know. Thanks!

That action is cool looking. It will make the alpha look like round plastic letters. Just adding a shadow or even a white stroke border and a shadow will make your letters look stickery. I make my letters into little stickers all the time. Like the "we" in my fantasmic LO.

Here's my layout for the challenge. It's my first challenge... ever! Thanks Britt!

USA.jpg

(How'd ya like my BIG frame? :rotfl: )

Credits:​
Sparkle alpha, blue polka dot paper, black Mickey button, sparkle overlay from Leave the World Behind by Britt-ish Designs. Sparkle star from Dreams Do Come True by Britt-ish Designs. Blue felt heart from Shabby Sunroom by Misty Cato. Messy card from Office Essentials by Amandas Designs. Red gingham ribbon and knot by Katie Pertiet. USA Mickey sticker made by me. Font is peanancy. (thanks Britt for that font link!)

I love it! You were very clever in your "frame"! HAHA I can't WAIT to go to Epcot some day! It makes me so excited looking at these pics!!

xoxo

Britt, thought I understood how to do the link but I guess I didn't. You have a pm!

Man it's good to have an 11yr old about the house to show you what to do, lol! Will go back and look at everybody's after I feed my kids.

(click for credits)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter