The First-Ever DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge!!!

designerbrittney

DIS Veteran
Alright Digi-Scrappers! Here we go with our first ever DIS Digi-Scrapper's Challenge!! Look through those Disney photos (any resort, park, cruise or Disney event will work) and scrap the M-O-U-S-E challenge!!

Your LO must have:

More than one photo
One frame exactly (no more, no less)
Use something sparkly (glitter, metal, etc.)
Something black
Every letter in the title must be a different color (Yes, that means you have to have a title!)

Can you scrap it?? Everyone who participates in this challenge gets this mini-kit made especially for the DIS Digi-Scrappers by Britt-ish Designs. (Honestly! There's no other way to get this kit right now other than this challenge!!)

brittdes_wcfly_LRG.jpg

PLUS! I'll randomly draw two LOs to win their choice of kit from Britt-ish Designs as well!!

Once you've scrapped your M-O-U-S-E LO, come back to this thread and post it up with either full credits listed or a link to them.

Get scrappin'! All LOs must be submitted (with proper credit) by midnight on Tuesday April 22nd (Mountain Standard Time). PM me if you have any questions!! I'll get going on my own LO and post it soon!! Once you post your challenge LO, I'll PM you the download link for the "We Can Fly" mini-kit!

After the challenge is over this kit will go into my store, so get it now!!

Ready, set, GO!!

Very very cool!!!! i can't wait to get home to do this tonight!!! And that kit is super cute!!

Wen, i would say that a bracket would definately be considered a frame if it is framing the photo! Sure! (But, that's just MY opinion!LOL)

Yeah lets consider a bracket a frame if its framing a photo. If its used a a background where it's much larger than the photos, then no.

Oh, I am SOOOOO definitely in! This is gonna be fun. I can't wait to get home!!!!

This is probably a stupid question, but where do we download the kit from? I've never done a challenge before. And another probably stupid question, does the subject of the layout have to be Disney?

Hey Melissa: I'm pretty sure Britt sends you the link to the kit after you've posted your LO for the challenge. I'm not 100 percent on the subject, but I think it does have to be Disney for this one. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon!

This is probably a stupid question, but where do we download the kit from? I've never done a challenge before. And another probably stupid question, does the subject of the layout have to be Disney?

Britt will send the kit out once you do the challege, as a reward. :) As for the subject, i think we were talking about a Disney theme challeges.. but i am not sure what the verdict is.. :) I am sure Britt will be here to answer you!

Can someone explain how to make a credit link?

You don't have to make it a link. Britt does that because she has already posted the LO in a gallery elsewhere (usually ScrapMatters) and she already typed in the info there. I just type my credits right into my post here on the DIS.

I am STOKED for this challenge! I love that kit -- I must have it!! I guess that means I'd better install some scrapbooking/photo editing software on my computer again ASAP! Thanks for the motivation!

Yeah, just read the instructions carefully and it answers these question.

"Look through those Disney photos (any resort, park, cruise or Disney event will work)" <-- so, yes. Doing Disney-themed challenges will help us scrap our many Disney photos!!!

"Everyone who participates in this challenge gets this mini-kit " and "Once you post your challenge LO, I'll PM you the download link for the "We Can Fly" mini-kit!" <-- So, yes. Use any kit you want to scrap your M-O-U-S-E LO. Then once you've submitted it, you'll get a download link PMed to you for the Peter Pan mini kit. Make sense?

Can someone explain how to make a credit link?

Sure!
- First, find the LO you want to link to in the gallery where it has credits.
- Then copy the URL of that LO's page in the gallery.
- Then type something like "CREDITS HERE". Highlight what you want turned into the link (or highlight the whole IMG code if you want to make the image itself link).
- Then click that little globe with the chain link icon that should be above the box where you're typing your post. Paste the url in the pop-up box and hit ok.
-Then the word you highlighted will be a link. Make sense? Clear as mud?

Scrapping with instructions what more can a semi-compulsive Virgo/Libra want, woo hoo! Will be doing mine when I get home tonight. I get to use those many alphas I have collected, the credits should be interesting.

Also have all kinds of names to make with Disney background filled letters for my crusie in May, (yeah one of those mega threads, lol) had them all done and my iDisk on my Mac disappeared and all the work was gone, agh!

Pj

Hey Melissa: I'm pretty sure Britt sends you the link to the kit after you've posted your LO for the challenge. I'm not 100 percent on the subject, but I think it does have to be Disney for this one. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon!

<-- so, yes. Doing Disney-themed challenges will help us scrap our many Disney photos!!!

<-- So, yes. Use any kit you want to scrap your M-O-U-S-E LO. Then once you've submitted it, you'll get a download link PMed to you for the Peter Pan mini kit. Make sense?

Thank you. I said they were probably stupid questions. LOL Hmmm . . . I've already scrapped my 2005 and 2007 trips, I will have to look and see what I can think of, dang it. I hate thinking right before vacation, it hurts my head. ;) :lmao:

They weren't stupid questions. My instructions post was like a novel! All the details got smooshed in there. It was sort of confusing. SORRY. My fault. Hope everybody's clear.

Ok, I knew that if i didn't do it now, i'd never do it! click pic for credits

Not sure I'm thrilled with the multi-colored title. Will probably change that sometime.

They weren't stupid questions. My instructions post was like a novel! All the details got smooshed in there. It was sort of confusing. SORRY. My fault. Hope everybody's clear.
Don't worry, it probably is clear to everyone else, except me since my brain right now is only focused on vacation! ;) :rotfl:

Thank you. I said they were probably stupid questions. LOL Hmmm . . . I've already scrapped my 2005 and 2007 trips, I will have to look and see what I can think of, dang it. I hate thinking right before vacation, it hurts my head. ;) :lmao:

I would think you can use something that you've already scrapped. To me, this is one of the beauties of digi-scrapping... if I think of a different LO a year or two later, I'm not limited to using new pictures. I can use stuff that I've already scrapped somewhere else.

One more question for you Brittney..... I'm trying really hard to be good about my crediting but my first monster download of free digiscrap stuff (wherein I went and googled all the free stuff I could find) -- I pulled apart kits and put them in different folders (i.e., my "borders" folder has borders from several different kits). I'm now keeping the kits together (and not sure how I'm going to find things but I guess that bridge will be crossed when I learn to use Adobe Bridge) but if I use something from those early days I don't know where it came from. How strict are you on credits? If I'm trying and admit that I don't know where something came from, would that still count? (can you tell I'm really excited about this challenge?). :banana:

Ok, I knew that if i didn't do it now, i'd never do it! Not sure I'm thrilled with the multi-colored title. Will probably change that sometime.

I like the multicolored title actually. This is awesome! You are the first entry!! Even before me! HAHAH!! Way to go SPEEDY!

One more question for you Brittney..... I'm trying really hard to be good about my crediting but my first monster download of free digiscrap stuff (wherein I went and googled all the free stuff I could find) -- I pulled apart kits and put them in different folders (i.e., my "borders" folder has borders from several different kits). I'm now keeping the kits together (and not sure how I'm going to find things but I guess that bridge will be crossed when I learn to use Adobe Bridge) but if I use something from those early days I don't know where it came from. How strict are you on credits? If I'm trying and admit that I don't know where something came from, would that still count? (can you tell I'm really excited about this challenge?). :banana:

I think just do the best you can. If you don't know something that's ok. Just put unknown designer and maybe someone will recognize it and help you out. We understand. Just give as much credit as you can. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter