The First-Ever DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge!!!

I think just do the best you can. If you don't know something that's ok. Just put unknown designer and maybe someone will recognize it and help you out. We understand. Just give as much credit as you can. :thumbsup2

Britt thank you for this, I have sorted until now in moods and colours, lol. I know very sad, but it works for finding the right stuff for a photo. I know that I went back and credited a template designer on one of my pages, after another lady from the DIS posted who it was

Pj

That looks awesome Fran! I like the multicolored title, it goes w/the fireworks.

I'm a bit strange...I have a LOT of graphic arts in my background so when I digi-scrap, I kinda make my own objects or scan stuff in (like ribbon). Is that ok, or should I DL a couple of kits and construct a page that way?

Clarification: the instructions say one frame and one frame only. Does that mean there is only one frame allowed on the page or that you are allowed to use only one type of frame?

Thanks!

Thanks Brittney I've really enjoyed this challenge! Here's mine:

DisneyMagic01.jpg

Here's what I used to make it:

Paper - Princess Polka Dots
Frame, Torn Paper, Clip and Alpha - Leave the World Behind
Glittery Stars - Faith, Trust and Fairy Dust

All the Above is by the very talented Brittney Leavitt of Britt-ish Designs.

I'm a bit strange...I have a LOT of graphic arts in my background so when I digi-scrap, I kinda make my own objects or scan stuff in (like ribbon). Is that ok, or should I DL a couple of kits and construct a page that way?

I don't know what the "official scrapping ettiquite" is, but it sounds to me like you're using your resources which is something that I've always considered a good thing! :rotfl2:

Notes4theheart -- there is nothing wrong with using whatever you have -- the only requirement here is that the layout is Disney theme, and digi. (And Britts other fun prerequsites.. ) :) That's it.

Britt thank you for this, I have sorted until now in moods and colours, lol. I know very sad, but it works for finding the right stuff for a photo. I know that I went back and credited a template designer on one of my pages, after another lady from the DIS posted who it was

Yeah, I was doing mine by the type of item it is, but then I decided I'd better put each collection in its own folder so I can give credit. Someone had posted at one time that if you use photoshop you could use Bridge (a subprogram?) to find things on your desktop. But I tried to add some keywords to some files this weekend (PNG, I think) and it said the filetype didn't support this. And I guess without the keywords it'll probably only find what's in the name of the file? So I don't know what to do.

How do you guys organize so that you can find it but also still give credit?

Yeah, I was doing mine by the type of item it is, but then I decided I'd better put each collection in its own folder so I can give credit. Someone had posted at one time that if you use photoshop you could use Bridge (a subprogram?) to find things on your desktop. But I tried to add some keywords to some files this weekend (PNG, I think) and it said the filetype didn't support this. And I guess without the keywords it'll probably only find what's in the name of the file? So I don't know what to do.

How do you guys organize so that you can find it but also still give credit?

I'll store items by designer or shop. If there is something I particularly like I copy the image and details so I can find it into Word (simply the name of the main folder I keep it in). Works well, I've always managed to find what I've been looking for so far. I arrange the Word documents into sub divisions e.g. vacations so I can go straight to what I'm looking for. Hope this helps.

I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow, so I wanted to get my entry done. In looking at the other early birds, they've made their titles each letter a different color. My entire title in two colors. Does that count or did I misunderstand or is it creative interpretation? If it's wrong I might be able to change it before I leave.

Anyway, here is my first entry in my first challange ever! Drumroll, please...
BestSecretcopy.jpg

Credits: Blue Paper: Katie Pertiet at designerdigitals.com; Yellow paper from kit called Strawberry Lemenade but no ides where I found it; Inked edges from action at scrapgirls.com, template was called Racketty Scrappely a freebie from who knows where; Green paper, notepad paper, black clip, blue sparkle circle and Disney all from Britt's kits!; green swirl is freebie from who knows where; fonts are Bernhard Fashion and Cent. Schoolbook. I think that's it. If I missed something, let me know.

I took this to mean a single frame. The challenges I've done it will usually be stated if an item can be duplicated so my interpretation is a single frame. (I have framed two pics in one frame in the past if that helps.)
Stenogodess, her directions say each letter a different color so that's what I'm going with. I'm trying to come up with a short one, lol.
These LO's are looking beautiful, what a talented group here! Going to work on mine tonight.

Clarification: the instructions say one frame and one frame only. Does that mean there is only one frame allowed on the page or that you are allowed to use only one type of frame?

Thanks!

Here's my first attempt at a challenge. I am considering the colors behind the pics as mats not frames since the pictures are over them, not under them like you would do a frame. Please let me know if I have done this wrong.
20080120CaliforniaAdventureafterdar.jpg

Credits:
Gold sparkle frame: Lindsay Jane Designs, Glitter alpha & star: Britt-ish Designs, Template: Adventure Day 2 Quick Click by Tina Chambers, Star Paper: Too Cute to Spook Kit by Jamie Heyl, Mickey brads: Jenna Robertson

Thanks, Wen. I thought that was probably the case.

ETA: I forgot the font! It's Kristen ITC.

Oh, that came out awesome! I think I have those glitter frames, may have to scraplift you.

Not sure I'm thrilled with the multi-colored title. Will probably change that sometime.

I like the font the way it is. Its kind of quirky! Love the layout. I love, love, love fireworks!

Stenogoddess, love your LO also. You have done some awesome work on the other thread. I can't wait to see what else you come up with for these challenges.

For sorting, I tag everything within my organizer for PSE6. I put all kits within their own folder and file them under "Kits". I also have folders for Paper, Misc. Embellishments, Templates, Ploppers, etc. I can do a search at any time on my external hard drive where I keep all my digi files (because I have way too many now) by file name. I find its folder that contains the artist's info.

Alright Digi-Scrappers! Here we go with our first ever DIS Digi-Scrapper's Challenge!! Look through those Disney photos (any resort, park, cruise or Disney event will work) and scrap the M-O-U-S-E challenge!!

Your LO must have:

More than one photo
One frame exactly (no more, no less)
Use something sparkly (glitter, metal, etc.)
Something black
Every letter in the title must be a different color (Yes, that means you have to have a title!)

Can you scrap it?? Everyone who participates in this challenge gets this mini-kit made especially for the DIS Digi-Scrappers by Britt-ish Designs. (Honestly! There's no other way to get this kit right now other than this challenge!!)

brittdes_wcfly_LRG.jpg

PLUS! I'll randomly draw two LOs to win their choice of kit from Britt-ish Designs as well!!

Once you've scrapped your M-O-U-S-E LO, come back to this thread and post it up with either full credits listed or a link to them.

Get scrappin'! All LOs must be submitted (with proper credit) by midnight on Tuesday April 22nd (Mountain Standard Time). PM me if you have any questions!! I'll get going on my own LO and post it soon!! Once you post your challenge LO, I'll PM you the download link for the "We Can Fly" mini-kit!

After the challenge is over this kit will go into my store, so get it now!!

Ready, set, GO!!

I did it!! lol But now PSP is having brain farts on me so I can't resize it down. I did get it uploaded to photobucket. Here's the link. As soon as PSP decides to be nice & cooperate, I'll upload to my blog & all of my galleries. lol

ok since this is a new challege and disney i may just get inspired to do more layouts...here is mine!....
splash2jpg44.jpg

all from Britt-ish Design, Tape Frame Seebee's, font alba.

Ok, after much deliberation, here is my entry.. like you britt, i have a hard time scrappin' some disney lo's b/c you want it to be "just so" - and i was holding off on my CC pics b/c i just love them.. so, here is my first CC layout!
You said had to be more than one photo -- but you didn't say it had to be different photos.. so i used the same photo, twice - one bigger in B/W and one smaller in color. ;) Hope that is ok!

castawaycay1websize.jpg

Credits:
Glitter Frame: Lindsay Jane Designs
Alpha dots and staple: Robin Carlton at SSD
Ribbon and Mickey memory stamp: Britt-ish designs :)

Again, thanks so much for doing this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter