The First-Ever DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge!!!

That came out fabulous! Very crafty, using the same pic twice, I really like the effect.

Bookmompooh, I like yours too. It's too small to read the story though...

Once again I must say that I am so impressed! These LOs are so creative! I like this challenge idea because maybe that will get me motivated -- I have been spending my time reading the digi scrap thread and downloading freebies. By the time I am done, it's time for bed, and I never finish a LO! LOL!

That came out fabulous! Very crafty, using the same pic twice, I really like the effect.

Bookmompooh, I like yours too. It's too small to read the story though...

thanks...first time i loaded a pic here and made it too small.....dh tried to get me on splash but i did not want to walk around wet.....he went, i stayed dry!

first time posting a picture, hope this works!

Here's my entry!
Credits: glitter by Brittish Designs, and everything else is from a kit called Wild Thang by Dani Mogstad

Diana

AK2.jpg

okay, how is everybody else getting their pictures to be so much bigger? HELP! mine's so teeny tiny! :confused3

Ok, I'm trying my hand at this challenge. It's not an actuall Disney event. But it is my dd dressed as Tink.

OurLittleTinkerbell.jpg

Credit: All items are from ScrapGirls A Princess Collection.

Wow -- so many great entries already! I really have to get working on mine. I love the idea of recoloring Britt's alphas for the multi-colored title. I was really hung up on how I was going to do a multi-colored title and now I know! I'll be scraplifting that idea!

HOLY COW!! I go to work and out with my family and come home to sooooo much fun! ok - gotta start responding.

I'm a bit strange...I have a LOT of graphic arts in my background so when I digi-scrap, I kinda make my own objects or scan stuff in (like ribbon). Is that ok, or should I DL a couple of kits and construct a page that way?

Yes, that is GREAT! I love that you create your own stuff. Can't wait to see it.

Clarification: the instructions say one frame and one frame only. Does that mean there is only one frame allowed on the page or that you are allowed to use only one type of frame?

Thanks!

I noticed Fran used the same frame 3 times and I just thought she was being creative with the rules. I guess that's 1 frame technically. HAHAH!! But when I said it I was thinking just 1 frame. But hey - if you can find a creative twist to the rules - good for you!!

Thanks Brittney I've really enjoyed this challenge! Here's mine:

DisneyMagic01.jpg

This is soooo cute. At first I thought you missed the M - more than 1 photo, but then I noticed the gorgeous blended castle photo and was WOWed! Clever clever!!

How do you guys organize so that you can find it but also still give credit?

When I first started digi-scrap and was a freebie hoarder, I would keep them in kit folders, then a paper folder with subfolders keeping packs togehter, etc. But I've evolved since and now I organize mostly by designer. Cuz there are just designers I find myself going back to over and over. It's worked VERY well. You start to get used to your stash, and know where things are and what you use. It gets easier.

I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow, so I wanted to get my entry done. In looking at the other early birds, they've made their titles each letter a different color. My entire title in two colors. Does that count or did I misunderstand or is it creative interpretation? If it's wrong I might be able to change it before I leave.

Anyway, here is my first entry in my first challange ever! Drumroll, please...
BestSecretcopy.jpg

Creative interpretation! :rotfl2: That's right girl!! The instructions did say "every letter in your title must be a different color" but its ok. We're going to let it slide! haha Have fun out of town!!

Here's my first attempt at a challenge. I am considering the colors behind the pics as mats not frames since the pictures are over them, not under them like you would do a frame. Please let me know if I have done this wrong.
20080120CaliforniaAdventureafterdar.jpg

BriarRose! Great work! I love the glitter frame and how you recolored that alpha! And you're right, paper mats don't count as frames. Good job!!

ok since this is a new challege and disney i may just get inspired to do more layouts...here is mine!....
splash2jpg44.jpg

Love it! OH NO is the feeling I get EVERY time I ride Splash. Why do we continue to do it!! HAHA Awesome work!!

Ok, after much deliberation, here is my entry.. like you britt, i have a hard time scrappin' some disney lo's b/c you want it to be "just so" - and i was holding off on my CC pics b/c i just love them.. so, here is my first CC layout!
You said had to be more than one photo -- but you didn't say it had to be different photos.. so i used the same photo, twice - one bigger in B/W and one smaller in color. ;) Hope that is ok!

castawaycay1websize.jpg

You're right, I didn't say it couldn't be the same photo. Another "creative interpretation"! GREAT page. I'm so glad you dared to scrap a treasured photo. It turned out great!!!

Ok, I'm trying my hand at this challenge. It's not an actuall Disney event. But it is my dd dressed as Tink.

OurLittleTinkerbell.jpg

I think a Disney costume counts as a Disney pic!! Definitely! LOVE this LO! Wow.

SOOOOO many wonderful entries. I'll be PMing you all your download links! I don't know if we're going to need all week! Every DIS digi-scrapper is going to have their entries in by tomorrow night at this rate! HAHAH

I'm glad everyone is having fun!!

Wow! All your layouts look great. :) I hope I can get my post count up high enough by Tues so I can join in the challenge. :)

Amanda

Sweetpeasmom that's beautiful! I love your title. I've seen so many people mix their alpha like that and so want to try it. How in the world do you decide what to use?

Wow!!! This is amazing! I will definitely be looking to this for ideas after we go to Disneyland this summer. Great job

Here's my first attempt at a challenge. I am considering the colors behind the pics as mats not frames since the pictures are over them, not under them like you would do a frame. Please let me know if I have done this wrong.
20080120CaliforniaAdventureafterdar.jpg

Wow! All your layouts look great. :) I hope I can get my post count up high enough by Tues so I can join in the challenge. :)

Amanda

I just went to the techincal section and let enough posts to bring me up to the mark. Hope this helps.

Everyones layouts are so great!!!

And Britt -- can't thank you enough for that kit - it is really too cute!!!

All these LOs are great!

BriarRose59 - I love your alphas. They remind me of the parade at WDW.

Caitsmama - I love that effect with the same pic as the background.

wenrob - There is a search feature in the program I use. I just type in what I'm looking for (in this case each letter) and all of the elements I have come up. Then I just scroll through them.

trying this again :headache: :

AK2.jpg

credits: glitter by Britt-ish Designs, all other items from Wild Thang by Dani Mogstad

thanks for the kit britt....and i LOVE all of the layouts.....seeing all of these makes me want to go to disney NOW....i can't wait...

i see people recoloring glitter and i can never get that to work! how do you do it? (I use PSE)

trying this again :headache: :

credits: glitter by Britt-ish Designs, all other items from Wild Thang by Dani Mogstad

I love it!

We still need a week for the challenge! I still don't have a computer up with scrapping software! Maybe later today I will. This is killing me!!

Hi everyone,

I've been a digi-scrapper for about a year now! I love looking at everyone's layouts on the Dis Digi board and thought it time to join the challenge. I absolutely LOVE brittish-designs disney kits! Thank you so much for creating them! Here's my entry, hopefully I do it right- I've never posted a link before.

LilEars.jpg

I used different 'patterns' for my title and hope that will be okay for the every letter a different color since the letters themselves are actually different?

All credit goes to Britt-ish designs!

Everyone is doing such a great job- I'm getting good ideas as I work through my Disney Magic album!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter