The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Has anybody ordered the romance for two package on a Disney cruise? I am specifically wondering about the size of the "one size fits most" robes. I am a size 16-18 in pants and a 1x in tops. My husband is 6'0 and a 40 waist. Any idea if the robes will fit us?

Hello all! I'm looking for sandal recommendations. I have Brooks tennis shoes with inserts that get me through most of the day before my feet are sore. I am looking for the best, most-comfortable, supportive sandal to wear as well. Any ideas?

I fit on it but I stand up and pull the lap BLT as far as possible en sit down and click it in.

I don't see any recent info. about Kali. I'm worried about my husband,sis, and I fitting. We haven't been since 2010 and it's one of our favorites. My husband is 6', 320, and wears a size 48/50 jeans. I'm 5'8" and ?- too scared to look :sad2:I wear a size 24. Can anyone of similar size tell us if they fit?

As a size 26-28 I tried the test seats to go on Harry Potter stuff and I didn't fit. Larger chest area prevented the bar from connecting. Never been on 7dmt but it looks squishy for many people.

I am both taller and heavier than you and I have been able to go on everything I wanted at WDW. (I have not ridden 7DMT because it wasn't open last time I went.)

Universal has test seats for the thrill rides, so you can try them before you go on. We only went to Hogsmeade and Marvel last time and I couldn't ride anything. But do try the test seats. DH (6'3, 280) could ride Dueling Dragons but not Forbidden Journey or the Hulk.

I was worried that my mom and I would not be able to do anything like space mountain. I found this to be very false. In fact the opposite is true. Very helpful and able to ride everything. I would do walking though . Just to get used to the sheer amount. I am now planning my next trip going to try to loose weight. But with no fear of not fitting on any ride.

As a size 26-28 I tried the test seats to go on Harry Potter stuff and I didn't fit. Larger chest area prevented the bar from connecting. Never been on 7dmt but it looks squishy for many people.
My mum could only not fit on one ride and that was universal. I found universal to be a waste of money

I found a nylon Dooney and Burke crossbody bag with a really long strap. I love it because it's a great size, not too small and not too big plus the strap is extra long, making it more comfortable. I personally love my Ryka tennis shoes. Birkenstocks and Oluki Ohana flip flops for when I'm not walking around the parks. I have plantar fasciitis and all above are recommended from my foot dr. They really help with the heel pain.

Thank you to the OP who started this thread 6 years ago :D
And thank you to everyone who contributed over the years!

Just adding one tiny thing-
I'm about 5.4" and weigh about 320 lbs. The only two things I had issues with were the Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain but both of these were because I had a hard time getting in and out of them.
With Space Mountain the problem was really getting out, not so much in. But with Astro Orbiter it was getting both in and out. If I remember correctly it's a bit raised off the ground and the height had me struggling to climb into it. It was also a bit cramped so getting out was a struggle. I think if you're travelling with someone who can give you a hand that would be best. I'm also learning to be less shy about asking CMs for help with things like that.

There're always those few seconds when getting out of a ride where I feel really embarrassed because everyone else has already left and I'm still struggling. So having someone with you is a big plus.
Have fun everyone! :cloud9:

Thank you to the OP who started this thread 6 years ago :D
And thank you to everyone who contributed over the years!

Just adding one tiny thing-
I'm about 5.4" and weigh about 320 lbs. The only two things I had issues with were the Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain but both of these were because I had a hard time getting in and out of them.
With Space Mountain the problem was really getting out, not so much in. But with Astro Orbiter it was getting both in and out. If I remember correctly it's a bit raised off the ground and the height had me struggling to climb into it. It was also a bit cramped so getting out was a struggle. I think if you're travelling with someone who can give you a hand that would be best. I'm also learning to be less shy about asking CMs for help with things like that.

There're always those few seconds when getting out of a ride where I feel really embarrassed because everyone else has already left and I'm still struggling. So having someone with you is a big plus.
Have fun everyone! :cloud9:

It certainly is awkward getting out of Space Mountain. I didn't go on Astro Orbiter, but I have finally ridden 7DMT. I fit in the seat with no issues, but the lap bar is quite narrow and I was barely able to squeeze my knees under it. However, the bar locked firmly and I had no fears of falling out of anything. It is an EXTREMELY short ride, so I could deal with the minor discomfort. I would never wait in a long line for this ride. We were on in less than 10 minutes (right after rope drop).

Love this thread! I'm going in 5 days.. :yay: I really wanted to do design a tee but I was afraid that they wouldn't have a good size selection. I'm going to try it out now! I do wish that Disney had a bigger selection of plus-sized merchandise. It's very disheartening not to be able to find fun Disney shirts/sweatshirts in big sizes. I can't wear "mens" style t-shirts. I look goofy (LOL) because the sleeves fall so long and then the shirt is too tight across my boobs! why can't anyone design t-shirts for plus sized!
If you'd like to shop for some "pre-souvenirs", Hot Topic has cute ladies Disney-themed wear and sometimes Forever 21 Plus does too.

Has anyone done the WAT? Looking at the info it says you have to be a maximum of 300lbs with the harness on. Anyone have any idea how much the harness weighs? I'm currently 265 and my daughter REALLLLLLLLLY wants to do this. I would hate to have to tell her we can't coz momma is too big :(

Has anyone done the WAT? Looking at the info it says you have to be a maximum of 300lbs with the harness on. Anyone have any idea how much the harness weighs? I'm currently 265 and my daughter REALLLLLLLLLY wants to do this. I would hate to have to tell her we can't coz momma is too big :(

What is the WAT?

I'll be going solo for 12 days in October- November and I just bought a pair of Source sandals.

I hope I made the right decision. They're not padded or anything but they seem comfortable enough. Still, walking through the parks every day might be too much. I won't be taking a suitcase, just a carry-on so I'm trying to travel as light as possible. In January I brought a pair of sneakers and a pair of Keds and neither were really comfortable after a while so I wouldn't want to take them with me this time.
Do you think sandals would be better than sneakers? (I hope it won't be too cold at the end of October-beginning of November!)

I'll be going solo for 12 days in October- November and I just bought a pair of Source sandals.

I hope I made the right decision. They're not padded or anything but they seem comfortable enough. Still, walking through the parks every day might be too much. I won't be taking a suitcase, just a carry-on so I'm trying to travel as light as possible. In January I brought a pair of sneakers and a pair of Keds and neither were really comfortable after a while so I wouldn't want to take them with me this time.
Do you think sandals would be better than sneakers? (I hope it won't be too cold at the end of October-beginning of November!)

You are going to have a lovely trip! I'm not familiar with those sandals, but I am sure Oct/Nov will be warm enough, although you might get a chilly evening. Mostly, though, I would recommended bringing at least two(I would bring 3 pairs) for 12 days. The key, I've found, is too rotate sneakers and sandals or open shoes of some kind for maximum comfort with all the walking. I usually wear my sneakers in the morning and then switch to flip flops in the evening or vice versa. This seems to balance things out and prevent blisters. Just an idea! Have an amazing trip!

I don't have any experience with Source sandals but I recommend that you wear them walking around for at least a week sometime before your trip, to make sure that they remain comfortable and are well broken-in.

I personally wouldn't worry about being too cold in sandals in October/November but ymmv, I tend to run hot anyway and where sandals as long as humanly comfortable ;)

You are going to have a lovely trip! I'm not familiar with those sandals, but I am sure Oct/Nov will be warm enough, although you might get a chilly evening. Mostly, though, I would recommended bringing at least two(I would bring 3 pairs) for 12 days. The key, I've found, is too rotate sneakers and sandals or open shoes of some kind for maximum comfort with all the walking. I usually wear my sneakers in the morning and then switch to flip flops in the evening or vice versa. This seems to balance things out and prevent blisters. Just an idea! Have an amazing trip!
Thanks! I was there in October about 3 years ago and the weather was beautiful but I wasn't sure if that was just a fluke or if it's usually nice out in October-November.
I won't have enough room for 3 or probably even 2 pairs of anything.. But I figure absolute worst case scenario- I end up buying a pair of something while I'm there... :)

I don't have any experience with Source sandals but I recommend that you wear them walking around for at least a week sometime before your trip, to make sure that they remain comfortable and are well broken-in.

I personally wouldn't worry about being too cold in sandals in October/November but ymmv, I tend to run hot anyway and where sandals as long as humanly comfortable ;)
Thank you- I'll definitely wear them for a while before I go. I guess I'll bring a pair of socks just in case it gets chilly. I'll just have to make sure no one gets a picture of me wearing sandals with socks LOL :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter