The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Going to Disney world for the 3rd time. Everytime I go I have so much anxiety about everything we leave in 6 days and I am having major attack. It's my first time with my mom and brothers I paid for the vacation so they could go for their first time. And my husband is so supportive but small so I know he doesn't know the anxiety I have. And I want to ride Aerosmith and Everest and kali Rapids but I am always nervous and my anxiety kicks in and I don't go. I really want to enjoy this time. I lost 20 pounds but not enough I feel like. I am 5'2 272 pounds size 22 big bust 42 and big hips and butt I am terrified. Can someone help ease my anxiety? I am always panicking about it. I always limit myself and I want to have a blast. pooh:

You'll be fine. I am 5'4" and weigh just over 300 and I am able to ride everything there with minimal issues. One issue I have is with seat belts, (Rides like Test Track and Star tours) sometimes have a hard time reaching to get them on, someone usually has to help me, but I have had no issues with actually fitting. The trick is to pull the belt as far out as you can before actually sitting down. I haven't been on the Rock and Roller Coaster but I have ridden Everest and Kali, you may have to try to sit by yourself and not with another person (unless the 2nd person is skinny) on that one (there are pairs of seats)

This is my first time posting and we are going to Disney in December. My husband is concerned that he might not be able to do some of the ride due to his size (He is 6' 410lb). We have two children who are excited to ride everything of course and want dad to ride with them. Is there really anything he needs to worry about or can I just put his mind at ease. Thank you for the help.

You'll be fine. I am 5'4" and weigh just over 300 and I am able to ride everything there with minimal issues. One issue I have is with seat belts, (Rides like Test Track and Star tours) sometimes have a hard time reaching to get them on, someone usually has to help me, but I have had no issues with actually fitting. The trick is to pull the belt as far out as you can before actually sitting down. I haven't been on the Rock and Roller Coaster but I have ridden Everest and Kali, you may have to try to sit by yourself and not with another person (unless the 2nd person is skinny) on that one (there are pairs of seats)

When you ride kali do you sit alone or with someone else? Yeah my husband is small like 160. So is my little brother. I have always struggled with my weight and I have lost alot but fear is still there. Thanks for the advice I am so excited.

When you ride kali do you sit alone or with someone else? Yeah my husband is small like 160. So is my little brother. I have always struggled with my weight and I have lost alot but fear is still there. Thanks for the advice I am so excited.

I have ridden with my husband and we have been seated both together and also separately. My DH is big too, he was 6 ft, 380 on our last trip (he is now 280)

Going to Disney world for the 3rd time. Everytime I go I have so much anxiety about everything we leave in 6 days and I am having major attack. It's my first time with my mom and brothers I paid for the vacation so they could go for their first time. And my husband is so supportive but small so I know he doesn't know the anxiety I have. And I want to ride Aerosmith and Everest and kali Rapids but I am always nervous and my anxiety kicks in and I don't go. I really want to enjoy this time. I lost 20 pounds but not enough I feel like. I am 5'2 272 pounds size 22 big bust 42 and big hips and butt I am terrified. Can someone help ease my anxiety? I am always panicking about it. I always limit myself and I want to have a blast. pooh:

I was almost the same size as you the first time I went to Disney I either sat with a child or by myself on a ride with a shared seat belt and on a ride where I had my own belt before I sat down I pulled the seatbelt all the way out so I could suck in before fastening it. A lot of rides have pull down harnesses that adjust to you (like Space Mountain) so you'll be totally fine... and have a blast! It's Disney World have fun and relax - there are no limits to the fun!

I was almost the same size as you the first time I went to Disney I either sat with a child or by myself on a ride with a shared seat belt and on a ride where I had my own belt before I sat down I pulled the seatbelt all the way out so I could suck in before fastening it. A lot of rides have pull down harnesses that adjust to you (like Space Mountain) so you'll be totally fine... and have a blast! It's Disney World have fun and relax - there are no limits to the fun!

Thank you so much. I am so excited for once I am gonna ride almost everything. Question did you ride areosmith?

I did not (I stayed in line the entire time then chickened out), but my step-father did and he was larger than I was at the time. I'm sure you'll be fine!

This is my first time posting and we are going to Disney in December. My husband is concerned that he might not be able to do some of the ride due to his size (He is 6' 410lb). We have two children who are excited to ride everything of course and want dad to ride with them. Is there really anything he needs to worry about or can I just put his mind at ease. Thank you for the help.

He should be fine. Disney is very size friendly. One that surprisingly is not too size friendly is the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. It was pretty tight (more for legroom but the seat is molded with a divider in the center too) but it is a really short ride. As stated above, the trick with seat-belts is to pull them all the way out before sitting down. Another thing is with theater type seats, sit at the front edge then slide back, makes it easier to get between the armrests. Oh, and DO NOT sit in the front row of the boat on Its a Small world, OMG NO legroom. I was cramped and I am 5 ft 4.

Is this your first trip? There is lots of good info here on the boards and this site in general. Also there is lots of info on allears.net There is a gallery of ride vehicles/seats and a section devoted to Pooh size people (I think it is WDW "At Large").

Rndmr2,
This is our 2nd trip, but our first trip our kids were very young, so we spent most of our time meeting characters, and only some of the rides. Now the kids really want to do rides, so that's where I wanted to be prepared, so my husband would know what to expect.
Thanks again!
Garden Fairy

Rndmr2,
This is our 2nd trip, but our first trip our kids were very young, so we spent most of our time meeting characters, and only some of the rides. Now the kids really want to do rides, so that's where I wanted to be prepared, so my husband would know what to expect.
Thanks again!
Garden Fairy
You should be just fine I am here and I have seen big people ride most only one was a astro orbiters and seven dwarfs. Have a great time. All the seat belts are super long.

DH is thinking of going to the AMC dine in on our trip. I was just checking reviews and saw pics - looks like a tight fit! Any advice on if it was just the pictures - or is this not a good idea for a big and tall guy?

If you'd like to shop for some "pre-souvenirs", Hot Topic has cute ladies Disney-themed wear and sometimes Forever 21 Plus does too.
I know this was written this summer, but I thought i'd just throw this out there for people who may not know. Torrid carries plus size clothing and I get almost all my Disney Clothing from them. It is so hard to find plus size stuff in the parks and every now and then i'll get lucky and find a 3X but not often.

Disney is very accommodating in most rides i've found out. I'm 5'5 and 315-330 pounds and I'm very pooh like as I don't have anything skinny on me, i'm both top heavy and bottom heavy. My boyfriend is 6'5 and 300 pounds and he fits in everything with no problems. I have problems on 7DMT as do a lot with the legs, it is a very tight fit and it hurts in the squeezing of the legs and a bar on the outside of the thigh, but I ride it cause it is a short but fun ride. I haven't had any problems with anything else, lap bars that pull down are not really a problem as they can stop where you need them to. As others mentioned those that have seat belts such as Star Tours and others just pull them all the way out first and then lock in place and then the excess will retract back. I love Disney for being very accommodating to pooh sized people! I haven't been to Universal Studios because I hear their seats are not accommodating at all, and while I'd love to see the Harry Potter area and do rides, if I can't do the rides it is not worth the money to me to go.

Am excited to be taking my family again to WDW. The very first time we went almost 2 years ago, it was this thread that convinced me to take the plunge. I went, had a great time (left my review in here soon as we got home) and have been planning our next trip ever since. This time we're getting AP's. Rather than take one big vacation, we plan on coming for quick weekend trips several times throughout the year. We live two hours away, so why we've waited this long is beyond me. I think it was because I was scared of being in public for so long.
We are going for the Cabins this time. This time I am really enjoying the planning stages because I'm no longer scared or paranoid about whether or not I'm going to be able to walk everything or fit on anything. Thank you Dis Forums for this thread, because without it I would have never tried and my kids would have missed out because of my own insecurities.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any information or comparisons about fitting on rides at Disneyland vs WDW. I've been to WDW a few times but this will be my first time at DL and worry things will be smaller. I'm over 350lbs and carry my weight on my bottom legs and stomach. Also did anyone have trouble with the turnstiles? Any information that could ease my anxiety would be most appreciated!!!

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any information or comparisons about fitting on rides at Disneyland vs WDW. I've been to WDW a few times but this will be my first time at DL and worry things will be smaller. I'm over 350lbs and carry my weight on my bottom legs and stomach. Also did anyone have trouble with the turnstiles? Any information that could ease my anxiety would be most appreciated!!!
I think the ride sizing pretty similar. I'm a little smaller than you, but my friend is your size and neither of us had problems. I personally think some rides are easier to get in and out of at DLR, like Space Mountain. Some of the turnstiles in FantasylAnd are narrow but CMs were great about letting me in the wheelchair entrance if I didn't want to squish through sideways

Hi guys,

There were only 2 rides that were really tight for me: Matterhorn, and the underwater nautilus 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride (which I'm pretty sure is called something else now - it's Nemo themed - but I can't remember the name.) Neither were impossible, just tight - you go down a tight spiral staircase to ride the nautilus and while I fit, it was uncomfortable. Space Mtn is much easier at Disneyland so have no worries about that one! I don't remember turnstiles being any worse than at WDW - just had to turn slightly to get through. Have fun!

I think the ride sizing pretty similar. I'm a little smaller than you, but my friend is your size and neither of us had problems. I personally think some rides are easier to get in and out of at DLR, like Space Mountain. Some of the turnstiles in FantasylAnd are narrow but CMs were great about letting me in the wheelchair entrance if I didn't want to squish through sideways

Thank you so so much for this. The turnstiles were really worrying me and to know I could go through another entrance if necessary has given me so much peace of mind. Thanks so much!

There were only 2 rides that were really tight for me: Matterhorn, and the underwater nautilus 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride (which I'm pretty sure is called something else now - it's Nemo themed - but I can't remember the name.) Neither were impossible, just tight - you go down a tight spiral staircase to ride the nautilus and while I fit, it was uncomfortable. Space Mtn is much easier at Disneyland so have no worries about that one! I don't remember turnstiles being any worse than at WDW - just had to turn slightly to get through. Have fun!

Thank you so so much for your kind reply. Luckily the Matterhorn will be down when we go so I won't have to worry about that but I'll avoid the submarines just to be safe. I've never given space mountain a go for fear of not fitting so I might actually give it a go. Thank you so much for replying it has been a huge help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!