The beds and bedding are horrible!

We were quite surprised that a deluxe Disney hotel like Aulani has such uncomfortable beds and paper thin bed covers. We woke up with aches and pains every day and had to ask for extra blankets. Other Disney deluxe resorts have fluffy comforters including DCL. Very disappointing. We were in a standard room with 2 queens.
Fwiw The deluxe hotels at WDW do not have comforters (fluffy or otherwise) any longer. They have triple sheets and a little scarf at the bottom of the bed. I think there is a thin fleece type blanket between the sheets but not sure.

I can't stand hotels that only have a sheet and a giant fluffy duvet. My wife and I end up waking up wet with sweat. I would prefer a light spread or blanket and AC that can cool the room to 60 and keep running all night without having to defeat a motion sensor.
At Aulani, it’s just a sheet, with a thin quilted-thing that’s similar to a cheap oven mitt. No duvet or blanket. Very unDisney.

Currently at Aulani in a dedicated two bedroom. Beds are very hard and the pillows are like rocks. We are four adults and we all have the same complaint. We are unable to sleep through the night because the beds are so uncomfortable and are getting up in the morning stiff, with aches and pains. Very disappointed.

Currently at Aulani in a dedicated two bedroom. Beds are very hard and the pillows are like rocks. We are four adults and we all have the same complaint. We are unable to sleep through the night because the beds are so uncomfortable and are getting up in the morning stiff, with aches and pains. Very disappointed.
Try the pull-out couch. I found it more comfy than the beds.

That sounds terrible…we are trying to decide whether we should cancel our 25th anniversary trip from 9/5-9/12 due to the explosion of cases there and the worry of lockdowns and protocols…I didn’t think I would have to worry about being able to sleep well…

That sounds terrible…we are trying to decide whether we should cancel our 25th anniversary trip from 9/5-9/12 due to the explosion of cases there and the worry of lockdowns and protocols…I didn’t think I would have to worry about being able to sleep well…

You‘d expect better at a Motel 6!

The last time we were at Aulani, 3 out of 4 of us liked the beds, but I thought it was too hard. So we picked up a mattress topper at Target, which did the trick.

We were there last week. There were 7 of us and we were in a 2 bedroom and a studio. We loved the beds, the mattresses were firm which I prefer because of my back issues. There were extra blankets in the room so we had no issues with being cold. As other posters stated all of the Disney resorts did away with bed spreads quite awhile ago

We have actually taken to packing a blanket for each of us anytime we visit a Disney property.

We did okay with the beds, did add the extra blankets from the closet, but the pillows were really bad. I had the worse neck pain every day. I would seriously recommend bringing your own pillows or buy some at Target. They were horrible.

They are in the middle of a remodel and said that they are getting new mattresses. I have not seen any reports on if they are any better. I did speak to a cast member about it and they said that it is a common complaint from the Americans. She also said that the mattresses cater to those from Japan, since they like a firmer mattress. There is no making everyone happy. But I do think that they should get in a stock of those foam mattress toppers to give to those who ask for it. I always travel with my bedsheet and blanket so those are not an issue for me. But on our most recent trip, we has a 16 night stay and so I went to Walmart and purchased a mattress topper and left it for someone else to use.

They are in the middle of a remodel and said that they are getting new mattresses. I have not seen any reports on if they are any better. I did speak to a cast member about it and they said that it is a common complaint from the Americans. She also said that the mattresses cater to those from Japan, since they like a firmer mattress. There is no making everyone happy. But I do think that they should get in a stock of those foam mattress toppers to give to those who ask for it. I always travel with my bedsheet and blanket so those are not an issue for me. But on our most recent trip, we has a 16 night stay and so I went to Walmart and purchased a mattress topper and left it for someone else to use.

That would be great! We stayed there in July and LOVED the resort- We will absolutely return! However, my one complaint was that it felt like I was sleeping on a rock... and I like a firm mattress! We didnt have problems with the sheets or anything though- If the hotel just had some foam toppers, that would be great! I know its hard to cater to different tastes.

I was worried after reading these posts but last night, slept very well. The bed’s firmness didn’t bother us at all. Also, I liked the pillows. I have a bad neck and wake up with a neck ache if the pillows are too soft.

I'm here now, and am happy to report that I love the bed. On our last visit, we went to Target for a mattress topper, as the beds were too hard for me. Much better this time. I think we're in a refreshed room, so maybe that's why.

That said, my husband prefers a harder bed, so he liked it better on our previous trip. He doesn't hate this version, he just preferred the one that felt like a rock to me. This is why we like Sleep Number beds; we'll never agree on a mattress.

For those that are concerned about there only being sheets on the bed, we found that there was a blanket in the closet.

We also found the beds quite hard. We are bringing thin air mattresses next time we go to soften the bed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter