The beds and bedding are horrible!

That's exactly what we experienced. Our beds also had two bedsheets on the bed and no blanket. We asked for extra blankets and were still cold. The weather was windy most of the time with us as well. Aulani charges a lot of money to offer such cheap bedding. I expected luxury and comfort.
Let's see... since you've been back you've whined about the bedding, the beds, the food, the pools, the ocean, Aunties, the Menehune Bridge, and just about everything else. You even dredged up a thread from 2015 so you could whine there. Might I suggest you not return? I for one have been to Aulani 6 times and haven't experience a single one of the problems you had on just one trip. I like the bedding. I like the beds. I like everything about Aulani. In fact, I give it 6 stars out of 5. I guess it isn't for everyone and it seems it certainly isn't for you.

Those that complain about being cold in the units at Aulani, did the thermostat not work?

Those that complain about being cold in the units at Aulani, did the thermostat not work?

It looks like they want the room cold on purpose so they can burrow under a pile of blankets.

I'm betting the resort is doing it on purpose, so that people don't crank the air down to levels that you need blankets. More green, as is having to wash fewer blankets.

They gave us two SHEETS on the bed for crying out loud!! Sheets! We got better bedding at a motel. After aulani we went to the Disneyland hotel for a few days and they had the most comfortable mattress and comforter. We finally got a good nights sleep. For all the money aulani charges I expect more luxury. I'm paying for luxury. I'm not paying for them to try to save money on laundry and water conservation

Well good for you. Not all of us are happy about aulani and I have every right to complain when I see something to complain about. I'm not going to just drop my head down and follow the herd like sheep and take whatever disney dishes out just because it's disney.
Let's see... since you've been back you've whined about the bedding, the beds, the food, the pools, the ocean, Aunties, the Menehune Bridge, and just about everything else. You even dredged up a thread from 2015 so you could whine there. Might I suggest you not return? I for one have been to Aulani 6 times and haven't experience a single one of the problems you had on just one trip. I like the bedding. I like the beds. I like everything about Aulani. In fact, I give it 6 stars out of 5. I guess it isn't for everyone and it seems it certainly isn't for you.

Just wondering if things are different in a hotel room versus the villas? When we went to Aulani (DVC villas) in 2015, yes we had the sheets...but there was a thicker blanket (not a comforter/duvet, but a thicker blanket) in the closet, that did the job fine!

Well good for you. Not all of us are happy about aulani and I have every right to complain when I see something to complain about. I'm not going to just drop my head down and follow the herd like sheep and take whatever disney dishes out just because it's disney.
I'm sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. It's really tough when you shell out a massive gob of cash to a company you love and then don't get what you expected as your money's worth. I've had a lot of that from Disney lately myself (not to mention my wireless provider--so I changed that!), but hoping Aulani isn't the next instance (although taking away the Hui after I booked isn't a great start).

Just wondering if things are different in a hotel room versus the villas? When we went to Aulani (DVC villas) in 2015, yes we had the sheets...but there was a thicker blanket (not a comforter/duvet, but a thicker blanket) in the closet, that did the job fine!
We stayed in a standard hotel room and not a dvc villa. I hope the villas are better.

I'm sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. It's really tough when you shell out a massive gob of cash to a company you love and then don't get what you expected as your money's worth. I've had a lot of that from Disney lately myself (not to mention my wireless provider--so I changed that!), but hoping Aulani isn't the next instance (although taking away the Hui after I booked isn't a great start).
What's the Hui?

They gave us two SHEETS on the bed for crying out loud!! Sheets! We got better bedding at a motel. After aulani we went to the Disneyland hotel for a few days and they had the most comfortable mattress and comforter. We finally got a good nights sleep. For all the money aulani charges I expect more luxury. I'm paying for luxury. I'm not paying for them to try to save money on laundry and water conservation

I agree that some of your complaints are valid. However wanting to crank the room to freezing and then being upset because you are cold and Disney didn't provide blankets seems silly. Like a self made problem. I may have missed it, but did you call for blankets and not get them?

And I don't see where you have anything to complain about. Turn the heat up, ask for more blankets. Write to Disney. Demand your money back. Coming here and complaining (repeatedly) isn't going to make you happy. I'm guessing nothing will. By the way, here's a picture of our beds at Aulani that clearly shows more than just two sheets: P1000610a.JPG

I agree that some of your complaints are valid. However wanting to crank the room to freezing and then being upset because you are cold and Disney didn't provide blankets seems silly. Like a self made problem. I may have missed it, but did you call for blankets and not get them?
The temp we like to sleep in is not freezing first of all. Would you prefer I crank the heat up to compensate for the lack of bedding that a luxury hotel should provide? We are seasoned travelers. We travel internationally and domestically and have stayed at all different types of hotels from value resorts and motels to the most expensive luxury hotels so we know the difference between cheap and luxury and I'm here to tell you that the bedding and mattresses at aulani are seriously cheap and below standards of a so-called luxury hotel.

The temp we like to sleep in is not freezing first of all. Would you prefer I crank the heat up to compensate for the lack of bedding that a luxury hotel should provide? We are seasoned travelers. We travel internationally and domestically and have stayed at all different types of hotels from value resorts and motels to the most expensive luxury hotels so we know the difference between cheap and luxury and I'm here to tell you that the bedding and mattresses at aulani are seriously cheap and below standards of a so-called luxury hotel.

From the picture provided it looks the same as found in any Disney resort. As far as the temp goes, I find it odd to make the room cold and then have to need blankets.

But you didn't answer the question: Did you call for blankets and were they provided? If so, then I fail to see any real problem. You may have found the bedding insufficient, but that doesn't mean everyone does, or that it is a major problem.

We are going back to Aulani this summer for our 3rd trip. We had no problems with being cold in the room and I am always freezing. We have always had extra blankets up in the closet if needed.

Yes I already stated in my previous posts that we requested and got extra blankets and we were still cold so we had to get multiple blankets because even the blankets were cheap paper thin blankets one tends to see at a motel. Again my point here is that luxury resorts should have higher quality.

And I don't see where you have anything to complain about. Turn the heat up, ask for more blankets. Write to Disney. Demand your money back. Coming here and complaining (repeatedly) isn't going to make you happy. I'm guessing nothing will. By the way, here's a picture of our beds at Aulani that clearly shows more than just two sheets: View attachment 223660
Ok that looks like a lil of that fluffy duvet I love. If thats the case. I love it.
Is it possible the hotel rooms have different bedding?

Btw I do like the room cold and I always ask for extra blankets and pillows and it is always fine.
Kerri

We found the room temperature and the bedding to be comfortable and adequate during our stay in January 2016.

We just stayed at Aulani last week with my parents. All of us loved the hotel and found the bedding to be perfect. My parents even preferred the pullout couch over the king in their Westin timeshare the next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter