The beds and bedding are horrible!

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We were quite surprised that a deluxe Disney hotel like Aulani has such uncomfortable beds and paper thin bed covers. We woke up with aches and pains every day and had to ask for extra blankets. Other Disney deluxe resorts have fluffy comforters including DCL. Very disappointing. We were in a standard room with 2 queens.

I know we had to ask for extra bedding because it was thin and my daughter was really cold at night

I haven't been there but is there no control of the air conditioning in the rooms? I would expect Hawaii to be warm and humid by default.

There is a thermostat in the room. We were also cold the first night with the two sheets that cover the bed. Then we discovered the coffee table in the living room had two blankets in it which we used to cover the beds. We were fine after that! I guess the firmness of the beds did not bother us. We tested the pillows and found the more comfy (for us) of the four and used those, we put the other two in the closet just so they were out of the way.

I haven't been there but is there no control of the air conditioning in the rooms? I would expect Hawaii to be warm and humid by default.
Hawaii isn't generally humid except for the occasional rare days. Warm, sure, but the past few weeks it's been well into the mid 60s at night and only into the mid 70s during the day.

Hawaii isn't generally humid except for the occasional rare days. Warm, sure, but the past few weeks it's been well into the mid 60s at night and only into the mid 70s during the day.

Looking up Honolulu weather today, the humidity is 74%, the temp is 82 (during the winter!) and it's supposed to rain every day this week. Our humidity is 20% today. I will take your "not humid" over my "not humid" any day, although my hair would be a frizzy mess. :) At least my skin wouldn't look like an alligator's.

We've stayed at Aulani 3 times now and have no complaint about the beds or bedding. The AC in the unit always did a good job of maintaining a nice temperature and humidity level.

We were there from the 18 th to the 25th and it was not very warm at all. Very windy. A few days it was too cold to even go in the pool. Regardless of the weather outside a flimsy sheet on the bed is not very comfortable. We like to sleep in a cool room under a warm comforter. Sleeping in a warm room is not exactly comfortable.

I know we had to ask for extra bedding because it was thin and my daughter was really cold at night

She gets chilled very easily and once she is cold it is hard for her warm up again. Usually she just uses warmer blankets but the bedding, even the extra bedding we requested, wasnt always warm enough for her.

We had to ask for extra blankets(and pillows) as well. I agree, they could do much better with the bedding at Aulani. While the interior temperature wasn't an issue, the bedding was very thin and decidedly unluxurious.

Looking up Honolulu weather today, the humidity is 74%, the temp is 82 (during the winter!) and it's supposed to rain every day this week. Our humidity is 20% today. I will take your "not humid" over my "not humid" any day, although my hair would be a frizzy mess. :) At least my skin wouldn't look like an alligator's.
today is a rare day. LOL. It's kind of gross out today and it's been raining like crazy lately. But, I will say it's never as humid as I used to experience back in MA in the summer, or anywhere on the east coast. My hair never frizzes here. ;)

She gets chilled very easily and once she is cold it is hard for her warm up again. Usually she just uses warmer blankets but the bedding, even the extra bedding we requested, wasnt always warm enough for her.
I'm the same way. Also even my husband and son who usually don't get cold as easily as me felt the covers were not warm enough.

The outside temp has nothing to do with the room temp. It could be 100 degrees outside but we always keep the room temp about 67 to 68 to sleep comfortably. But at those temps we need a warm cover. Then if we let the room get warmer than it's too uncomfortable to sleep. Regardless a deluxe hotel should have much higher quality bedding, especially for the prices they charge.

I guess I will be doing my usual call to housekeeping for extra pillows and blankets. I usually need the blankets
to keep my family warm because I also like to sleep in a cold room. Might have to put some extra blankets on my side as well.
I am a big fan of the white fluffy duvets. Lots of hotels have them, cruise ships etc.
I hope the beds were the worst thing about your trip:-)
Thanks
Kerri

Totally. I was actually just telling a neighbor of mine the exact same thing. The mugginess that's been going on for the last week is rare.
and today. And the forecast looks like garbage all week

I can't stand hotels that only have a sheet and a giant fluffy duvet. My wife and I end up waking up wet with sweat. I would prefer a light spread or blanket and AC that can cool the room to 60 and keep running all night without having to defeat a motion sensor.

Loved Aulani. Want to go back. Hated the bedding. I disliked when WDW converted to just the thin sheets and thin blanket in between. Give me the quilt any time. I hate being cold. I live in a cold climate and I refuse to be cold on vacation.

Our Aulani OV studio bed had 2 sheets. That's it. No blankets in the room. Called Housekeeping for a blanket and we still froze. Called for more blankets We went end of January and it was cold at night and INSANELY windy one of the days. Beach chairs were literally flying. Unbelievable.

Loved Aulani. Want to go back. Hated the bedding. I disliked when WDW converted to just the thin sheets and thin blanket in between. Give me the quilt any time. I hate being cold. I live in a cold climate and I refuse to be cold on vacation.

Our Aulani OV studio bed had 2 sheets. That's it. No blankets in the room. Called Housekeeping for a blanket and we still froze. Called for more blankets We went end of January and it was cold at night and INSANELY windy one of the days. Beach chairs were literally flying. Unbelievable.
That's exactly what we experienced. Our beds also had two bedsheets on the bed and no blanket. We asked for extra blankets and were still cold. The weather was windy most of the time with us as well. Aulani charges a lot of money to offer such cheap bedding. I expected luxury and comfort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter