The beds and bedding are horrible!

Let's see... since you've been back you've whined about the bedding, the beds, the food, the pools, the ocean, Aunties, the Menehune Bridge, and just about everything else. You even dredged up a thread from 2015 so you could whine there. Might I suggest you not return? I for one have been to Aulani 6 times and haven't experience a single one of the problems you had on just one trip. I like the bedding. I like the beds. I like everything about Aulani. In fact, I give it 6 stars out of 5. I guess it isn't for everyone and it seems it certainly isn't for you.
Amen.
Well good for you. Not all of us are happy about aulani and I have every right to complain when I see something to complain about. I'm not going to just drop my head down and follow the herd like sheep and take whatever disney dishes out just because it's disney.
There's a way to leave feedback, good and/or bad, without complaining. Just because people are questioning your method, doesn't mean they are sheep.

Ok that looks like a lil of that fluffy duvet I love. If thats the case. I love it.
Is it possible the hotel rooms have different bedding?

Btw I do like the room cold and I always ask for extra blankets and pillows and it is always fine.
Kerri
It's not a fluffy duvet. Only sheets. We love the fluffy duvets too

We were there in September. Aulani was one of four different resorts we stayed at during our time in Hawaii. I do agree that the bedding wasn't great, and I woke up freezing almost every night. Aulani was the only resort I experienced this at during our stay. We had our thermostat at 71 and it was mid-80s every day, but the bedding simply wasn't warm enough for me. And I'm usually warm while sleeping! For anyone who's been to different WDW resorts, Aulani uses a similar triple sheeting technique. It's literally 3 flat sheets with no blanket or duvet. I even checked the closet for a blanket, but didn't find anything.

Yes I already stated in my previous posts that we requested and got extra blankets and we were still cold so we had to get multiple blankets because even the blankets were cheap paper thin blankets one tends to see at a motel. Again my point here is that luxury resorts should have higher quality.

They probably don't see the need to have heavy blankets at a resort in Hawaii. I'm guessing they would cause as many if not more complaints than having thin ones.

Last edited:

They probably don't see the need to have heavy blankets at a resort in Hawaii. I'm guessing they would cause as many if not more complaints than having thing ones.

True, but at least with a duvet you could remove it if you were too warm. Not much you can do if you're cold during the night. And you really think people would complain about too many blankets?! That would blow my mind! lol

True, but at least with a duvet you could remove it if you were too warm. Not much you can do if you're cold during the night. And you really think people would complain about too many blankets?! That would blow my mind! lol

Not too many too thick. Would make more sense to me to have thinner blankets than one thick one. At least with thinner you can take one off. If the only option is thick, it may be too hot.

That is NOT a DVC room where I had Ocean View Studio with 3 sheets only. Requested blankets looked like old wrinkled scratchy rags. Shocking for the amount of points.

That is NOT a DVC room where I had Ocean View Studio with 3 sheets only. Requested blankets looked like old wrinkled scratchy rags. Shocking for the amount of points.
No, the above pictures are standard hotel rooms which is what the OP is talking about. The picture in post 32 is a DVC studio however. It clearly shows bedding consisting of more than just sheets.

Luxury to one person may be location while, to another, luxury is accommodation. Someone may find a room cool while another finds it warm. YMMV.

Luxury to one person may be location while, to another, luxury is accommodation. Someone may find a room cool while another finds it warm. YMMV.
That's why when I read a trip review I really try hard to imagine if the issue raised would have even bothered me. It is intriguing to read reviews from two different groups who traveled the same cruise. One will sound glorious while the other will sound like it was the worst trip ever.

@BobNed are the hotel rooms different than DVC rooms in terms of bedding? We stayed in a DVC studio in September and most definitely did not have the bedding that is in your photos. I agree that if we had that bedding, it would have been sufficient for us. But in our DVC studio, we had three sheets - the same triple sheeting technique I'm seeing at many resorts in WDW. It was literally three white flat sheets.

Not too many too thick. Would make more sense to me to have thinner blankets than one thick one. At least with thinner you can take one off. If the only option is thick, it may be too hot.

I think a typical blanket would be appropriate in the DVC rooms, if not a duvet. Or at least leave a blanket folded in the closet like many hotel chains have. But as I mention above, the DVC rooms have literally three sheets on the bed which IMO, is not enough. Especially now when temps are even cooler than when I was there.

@BobNed are the hotel rooms different than DVC rooms in terms of bedding? We stayed in a DVC studio in September and most definitely did not have the bedding that is in your photos. I agree that if we had that bedding, it would have been sufficient for us. But in our DVC studio, we had three sheets - the same triple sheeting technique I'm seeing at many resorts in WDW. It was literally three white flat sheets.

This past summer the same was true for us and we were in a DVC island view and then standard studio, three sheets. This was when we requested more blankets. I kind of thought I had lost my mind because Iw as sure it wasnt like this before.
In the summer of 2014 we had the fluffy white duvets and we were in a DVC standard studio for part of the stay and a hotel room for part of the stay.

@alohamom
So that is the difference right there. We stayed June of 2014 and we had the fluffy duvets also. It looks like they changed and that's not good. I'm glad I. Waited to read through all of this thread and saw your comment before I responded. I thought the OP was nuts...sorry OP. LOL! I get what you're saying.

oops! looks like I put my comments inside of nkereina's quote but yes, @kinntj that is what I suspect is the case , at least with my two stays. Frankly, I saw a difference in many things between the two times we have been there

@alohamom
So that is the difference right there. We stayed June of 2014 and we had the fluffy duvets also. It looks like they changed and that's not good. I'm glad I. Waited to read through all of this thread and saw your comment before I responded. I thought the OP was nuts...sorry OP. LOL! I get what you're saying.
glad to know I'm not nuts LOL

We were there Jan 29 - Feb 2nd. The days were 78 - 84 but the nights were in the low 60's with a breeze. I was so glad I checked the weather just before walking out my door for the airport. Called my sister to warn her too. I like it cool so I grabbed a cotton sweater, my sister brought the fleece. :rolleyes: I love a hard bed so I thought they were very comfortable. My sister & I shared the king while our 2 friends got the 2 queens in the 2nd room. Our bedroom was set at 68. I slept with just 1 sheet while my sister had the coverlet from the foot of the bed and the blanket folded in 1/2 over her. We both were comfortable.:thumbsup2 Both bedroom closets had an extra blanket & 2 pillows in a plastic zipped bag. There was also a complete set of linen/pillows for the sofabed. Each room (bedrooms & living room =3) had their own thermastat. Mouse keeping is just a call away and very gracious. Why be uncomfortable and not be proactive in trying to solve the problem? I've been to Hawaii many times (mostly Maui) and it seems they are experiencing a cooler winter this year along with the rest of the US. I bet the sheets are usually enough for most guests under regular circumstances.

Whenever we stay at any DVC resort we have to ask for extra blankets because I'm freezing

I so wish they would provide duvets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter