• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Thankyou Ford" Trip report Nov 7th-9th 2008 *Updated 19/11*

Yay, this is what I've been waiting for!:woohoo: Great trip report, Emma.

For the record, I have been pronouncing Kyra's name 'Ky (to rhyme with eye) ra'. I hope that's right.

Yay, this is what I've been waiting for!:woohoo: Great trip report, Emma.

For the record, I have been pronouncing Kyra's name 'Ky (to rhyme with eye) ra'. I hope that's right.

Thats fine hun!

i should of called the TR how to pronounce Kyras name :lmao:

I'm just glad I pronounced it right when I met you both!!

A fab first day, I look forward to reading the rest:thumbsup2

oh my god what an amazing tr, I'm sat here wanting more !!!! it looks and sounds like an amazing trip and your little princess is just gorgeous :) can't wait to hear some more and see those space party pictures !! it's just fab !!!

Shame you did not think there was that many rest stops. As the driver I'm always on the look out and think France is much better served than in England. Maybe it was just too early for you :rotfl:

As always it looks like you and Kyra had a great time. Cafe Mickey once again looks like it came up with the goods :thumbsup2

Shame you did not think there was that many rest stops. As the driver I'm always on the look out and think France is much better served than in England. Maybe it was just too early for you :rotfl:

As always it looks like you and Kyra had a great time. Cafe Mickey once again looks like it came up with the goods :thumbsup2

I think the other way round, I think we saw about 3 service stations and they was very widely spread out from each other. Maybe we went a different route :lmao:

As the driver I'm with Emma on this one. In the UK there are service stations every 15/20 mins on the motorways (I know the route from Leeds to Southend very well!!) In France there were loads of truck pull in places, but not toilets!! We passed maybe 4 on the 2 hour 45 min drive from the tunnel to DLRP. I used the tomtom route to DLRP. 2 hour 45 with one loo stop was great we thought!!

I think the other way round, I think we saw about 3 service stations and they was very widely spread out from each other. Maybe we went a different route :lmao:

I have to admit - we find the same as you Reid when we drive.

There's not a huge number of full size "service stations" (maybe about the same number as in the UK, but there seem to be a lot more places to pull over and stop in some way than we find here in the UK, even if it's just a simple picnic area with a few benches and some small toilets.

Just seen Karen's reply above. I guess it depends on which motorway you drive down. When we drive from where we are on the south coast down to Cornwall, we pass maybe 3 or 4 service stations (1 an hour). The same can be said about our drive to Reading (1 service station in just over an hour's drive).

See I travel mostly using the M1 and roads leading to the M25 in the UK which have great service areas. Those pull in truck stops in Europe with the square hole in the floor European loos I just don't do!! I have standards people!! lol Maybe it is different for ladies lol

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubscribing......PICS are WONDERFUL!

Comments too follow (I am at work....Shhhhhhhhhhhh)

Belated congratulations on winning your trip. I did read about it at the time, but the thread got swallowed up by the big chat one before I got round to congratulating you.

Great report & photos, as ever. Looking forward to reading more. You're putting me to shame - I haven't started mine yet & I'm back 3 weeks, but I will get there!

Belated congratulations on winning your trip. I did read about it at the time, but the thread got swallowed up by the big chat one before I got round to congratulating you.

Great report & photos, as ever. Looking forward to reading more. You're putting me to shame - I haven't started mine yet & I'm back 3 weeks, but I will get there!

I wasn't going to write one but due to board pressures i caved in:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter