• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Thankyou Ford" Trip report Nov 7th-9th 2008 *Updated 19/11*

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Disclaimer.

For everyone that doesn't know this trip was unplanned, it was a bit of a stress.

I won the competition with Ford Galaxy for a trip to DLP with upto 7 people for there Space Party.

I won't complain, all in all I had a wonderful time. I want to say a big thanks to Ford for putting together a great trip.

Most people know I don't like crowds, queuing longer than 20 mins freaks me out so going on a weekend was a bit nerve wrenching, but really I shouldn't of been worried.

This trip may never of been if Karen (danauk) hadn't of offered to be the driver and take us all, so a huge thankyou to her aswell. (My parents would of come but it was the weekend of my Brothers engagment to the monster so it would of been unfair for them to come with me and not be there for my Brother)

Right I will get on with the report, I won't post as many pics as i have previously posted a lot already and its a bit of a drag to view pics you have already seen lol.

Cast Members:

Me- Emma the 25 year old who has a Disney disorder. Fave character Tinker Bell.

DSC00679-1.jpg

DD- Kyra turned 3 a week prior to this trip. Is best friends with Mickey.

DSC00835-1.jpg

Karen-My DIS buddy who came along for the ride.
Kerry- My friend's 15 year old daughter who i invited to come along as well. 2nd trip to DLP, hasnt been since she was 2 years old.

Day 1- 7th November 2008

I woke up at 1am, 4 hours sleep is not a good thing. It was like Dawn of the Dead in my house.

Kyra soon woke up at 2am, 30mins earlier than i had planned. So i got her dressed etc then I woke Kerry who had been dropped off the night before.

So i had 2 people i was in charge of, a 3 year old and 15 year old. Kerry's mum was brave leaving me in charge of her Daughter, I have enough trouble keeping a 3 year old out of trouble lol.

About 3.30am Karen arrived in our posh top of the range Ford Galaxy, it was really nice and we managed to fit all the luggage in the back.

God knows what would of happened if i had taken more than 3 people with me, luggage on the roof would scare me a bit. I have visions of my undies flying away on the motorway.

Kerry bless her was really excited, she had only been DLP when she was 2 years old and her mum hasnt been able to afford to take her since. I owe Kerry's mum alot, I was a member of a group called Homestart where volunteers come and take vunerable parents and there kids out to socalize etc and her mum was my volunteer and we have stayed very good friends since i came off the programme.

Ok....so where was we.

So by 4.15ish we was on our way to Folkestone to the Eurotunnel, we got there abit early and had to wait a while for the 6.05 train.

From what i was told 80 Ford Galaxys passed through for the 6.05am train. (100 people won) So we spotted a lot of Ford Galaxys.

Luckily ours had a tvs and dvd player so the kids were able to watch some films in the back (Disney films of course lol)

My one bug bear about driving to DLP is the lack of service stations on the motorway. I'm lucky Kyra wasn't desperate for the toilet but me and Karen was lol, I have never been so happy to a see a service station in my life lol.

We arrived at the Hotel New York for about 10.45am where Ford greeted us and ticked off my name and showed us where to go in the reception to check in. (They had a seperate checking in area for us)

We found out they had given us 2 rooms that was connecting which was fab and to our delight 250 Euro vouchers to spend in DLP. So everyone got 60 euros each. Thankyou again to Ford for this as it meant i could buy lots of gifts for Christmas for my family.

DSC01110.jpg

After putting the luggage away and making our way to the park we bumped into Goofy.

DSC01108.jpg

We had a look around the park and went on Kyra's fave ride "Its a small world" I used to love this ride but having been on it 15 times on our September trip its beginning to jilt my nerves a bit lol.

I think we then decided to go and have a sleep as we was all very tired.

DSC01111.jpg

TBC.....

Right, here you are girl, you can't expect someone who has woken up at 1 am to be ready to do anything exciting can you lol
I just love your Kyra :lovestruc - whose name i have just discovered i pronunced the wrong way lol :rotfl:

Right, here you are girl, you can't expect someone who has woken up at 1 am to be ready to do anything exciting can you lol
I just love your Kyra :lovestruc - whose name i have just discovered i pronunced the wrong way lol :rotfl:

How was you pronouncing it? :lmao:

Some people do get confused and call her Keira.

I do wish i chose the Irish spelling of her name...Ciara. Oh well to late to change that.:lmao:

yey the start of another great tr emma!!! cant wait for more. i went on iasw like twice and that was enough for me even ash was humming the tune lol

yey the start of another great tr emma!!! cant wait for more. i went on iasw like twice and that was enough for me even ash was humming the tune lol

I used to love it, being my fave ride in WDW.

But going on it soooo many times has made me hate it, yet Kyra loves it and would probably stay on the ride continously all day given half a chance :lmao:

How was you pronouncing it? :lmao:

Some people do get confused and call her Keira.

I do wish i chose the Irish spelling of her name...Ciara. Oh well to late to change that.:lmao:

I did pronunce it something like Kee-rah when Brian told me *i think the right prounciation is Ky-rah*.
But now i am confused, i have just found a place where a girl complains people call her just like Tyra when she is a Kee-rah. OMG :headache: :confused3 :headache:

I did pronunce it something like Kee-rah when Brian told me *i think the right prounciation is Ky-rah*.
But now i am confused, i have just found a place where a girl complains people call her just like Tyra when she is a Kee-rah. OMG :headache: :confused3 :headache:

Brian is right with the pronouncation.:thumbsup2

Dont worry though her Grandma (not my mum) kept calling her Keira, i was like "hello you dont know the name of your own grandaughter!" :lmao:

When Kyra says what her name is it sounds like she is saying "Tyra".

Day one part 2

We woke up just after 3pm.

Well Kyra wasn't happy at being woke up, she sure put up a fight when it came to getting her Sleeping Beauty dress on.

We had decided to go to the DLH for the characters at 4pm. I had promised Kyra a balloon so i picked one up on the way.

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

Well at 4pm the music started and Kyra had forgotten any earlier tantrum and was dancing away.

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

She even got to hold hands with Goofy again, It seems they have invented a dance routine since September to "Just Like We Dreamed It" Kyra made up her own dance....typical lol.

DSC01120.jpg

Penguin, the poor guy seemed to get a bit lonely and wanted his pics taken with Kerry and Karen.

DSC01129.jpg

Then he wanted one with me....ergh...I told him I don't do photos lol

But for him I will...BUT no posting it for you guys to see!

We saw Tigger, Goofy, Pluto, Chip (Who ran off with Kyra and my buggy lol), Dale, Penguin and Eeyore....so a great selection of characters.

DSC01125-1.jpg

No sign of Launchpad though :(

We then caught the parade as it was passing by, which as always was fab. It looked weird as they had the green fences up around the band stand. Hiding all the Christmas decorations untill the next day.

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

We then popped over to the Studios, where the queue for Crush was only....10 MINUTUES!

Yep you heard me, Friday afternoon the ride was 10 MINUTES!

We had to go on it. It would of been insane not too.

Kerry and Karen went on first while i waited at the exit for Baby Swap.

I really do like this ride, but seeing as i forgot to take my motion sickness tablets it did make me feel a bit queasy.

Afterwards Karen waited outside ToT with Kyra while i took Kerry on it. She nearly pooed herself when i scared her while watching the little pre-show lol.

I asked the CM if we could sit at the front of the ride and he said yes, but that meant going on a elevator on our own. I actually thought he was joking when he put us by a lift with no one else.

(I perfer to sit at the front for this ride as i think its better than sitting at the back or middle, also i like the thought of thinking i may fly off my seat and out the gap at the top of the ride...yes i am strange...this i already know lol)

Oh my i was actually petrified, but what a awesome experience. The scariest bit being the end when the lift doors open and the CM jumped right onto us screaming, I nearly wet my trousers lol.

So big thankyou to David the CM as he was excellent and made the ride even more exciting.

It was soon time for our reservation at Cafe Mickey so we walked to Disney village and had a nosey in the shops before heading for Cafe Mickey.

TBC.....

I'm loving this report baby!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

just for the record, I called your daughter K- eye- ra ... is that right?

I'm loving this report baby!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

just for the record, I called your daughter K- eye- ra ... is that right?

:lmao:

I didn't realise Kyra's name would be so hard to pronounce:laughing: :rotfl2:

I would say the best way to prononce it is Ky-rah like how Brian said it.

oh we must have crossed posts!!

laughed at the TOT bitty!!!! xxx

Day one part 3...Cafe Mickey.

We got to Cafe Mickey for just after 6pm and was seated right away.

I had Pluto Steak which was very yummy.

Karen had the Minnie Pasta (I think, correct me if im wrong)

The kids had the pasta and meatballs.

Kerry ate all of hers while Kyra ate about 3 mouthfalls.

We saw Friar Tuck, Mickey, Pluto, Gepetto, Mr Smee and Goofy.

Kyra at this time wasn't really interested in posing for the camera, except for her best friend Mickey.

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01155-1.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

I was exhausted ( I didnt sleep when we went to the hotel earlier) so after the meal i decided to skip the firework display over lake Disney and get a earlyish night as tomorrow we would be up from 6am to just after Midnight.

Karen popped back to the village to pick up some gifts, she was going to stay for the fireworks but they put them back till 9.30pm.

As i laid in bed i could hear the music etc, it sounded like great fun and i was tempted to get out of bed and go and watch it in my jim jammies lol.

Coming up day 2....Christmas starts and the Space Party

Fantastic trip report and love the pictures. Looking forward to the rest of it (more piccies please!)

Emma, yes I had the Minnie pasta. I was going to have one of the pizzas but then saw the size of them, they were way too big!!

Oh my I look really bored in the background in the photo in the Disneyland hotel!! Honestly I was not I was just texting my assistant back at work with some instructions!!

omg those pics are great!!! ash is like wow and she thinks kyra is a princess. she keeps saying yeah mam again again horses and mickey. you are the best at making me wanna go back lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter