Steph's journal (Posters Welcome)

Doreen - thanks for letting me know about the walk. But I'm going to have to skip it - Bath and Body is really busy right before Mother's Day so I'll be at the mall all day. :(

This morning I walked 1mile and I'll walk again to class.

I'm doing really well with this walking everyday. I didn't get to walk on Friday b/c I slept in and was just too tired after work but at least I did get some activity in at work with shipment. Yesterday I walked to the library which is about a mile roundtrip and then spent 8hrs on my feet at work. I haven't exercised yet today but I'll be getting on the treadmill in a few mintues. I haven't noticed any change on the scale yet but I'm sure that I will see some sort of change either with the scale or how I look by the time vacation rolls around.

UPDATE - I did 2 miles on the treadmill today.

Steph - you are doing GREAT with the walking!!!::yes:: Keep it up because I am POSITIVE it will be noticable in your shorts at WDW!!!:smooth: Not too mention you will be in much better condition for walking around while you are down there!! I love your attitude - the :sunny: demeanor is contagious!
:cheer2: Go Steph, Go!! :cheer2:
Oh, and don't forget to drink your water!!!:drinking:
TTFN-
Sharon

Sharon thanks for reminding me to drink my water. I haven't been keeping up with that as much as I should be. It's funny that you mentioned it today because I made a big effort today to drink more water. We must be on the same wavelength lol.

I tried on my 12s again and compared them to my new 14s. I'm not sure they will fit as comfortably as I'd like before the trip so I went and exchanged 2 of the 3 pairs I have for 14s. I know I was really looking forward to wearing the smaller size but even if they ended up fitting I know I would be more comfortable after a long day of walking in the heat in the 14s.

I walked 2 miles today - I did half the heart healthy watp tape before dinner and the other half just a few minutes ago.

Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear that your size 12s weren't fitting as well as you'd like. :( I know it must be disappointing. But look at how far you've come! You've lost so much weight and you're in 14s!!! You're walking practically every day and getting healthier - you know you're in much better shape for walking around WDW! ::yes:: Celebrate your success!!

Now, you've got 24 days until that fabulous trip, right? Plenty of time to exercise and drink that water!

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! :sunny:

Well I'm about a week and a half into trying to exercise everyday and here are the results. The first week I exercised 6 days and three of those days I walked 2 miles.

I didn't walk at all yesterday - I was feeling a bit under the weather and I had to go into work early then I fell asleep when I got home. Oh well, it just means I really need to walk every day for the rest of the week.

This morning I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill. Hopefully I'll do a mile tape tonight after work so I can get some upper body work in.

UPDATE - Doe and Sharon, thanks for stopping by. I'm feeling okay about having to change to 14s. I'm just so glad that I'm not in 18s like I was when I went in Aug. The 14s are a little loose but are definitely a better fit and won't be tight and bulgy.

Tonight I did the muscle mile.

You are doing great Steph!!:cheer2: The walking is really going to pay off for you. Since you've been "off" with the water drinking for a while, I bet if you really stepped it up right now, you'd drop a couple of water weight pounds you are probably back to retaining. :drinking1 Step it up Steph (in both ways!!!!;) )!!!
Sorry about the shorts, but you will actually look better/thinner in the 14s that fit nicely than in 12s that are too tight. When they are too tight and pull and bunch, we aren't doing ourselves any favors!!!:rolleyes:
Hope you have a great day!!:sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

Yesterday, Saturday, I did a 1 mile tape. I wanted to do a but more but it was so warm in the house that 1 mile was plenty. Today I need to get in a least a mile again and that will give me another week of 6 days of exercise.

Gosh, Steph, you're doing great with your walking goals! I'm proud of you and inspired by you! I've been slacking off too much when it comes to my treadie. . .but you've made me want to get on that baby in a few minutes and sweat off some calories!

How are things going with work?

Only a few weeks 'til your trip, you lucky thing. Promise me you'll take a walk around the World Showcase for me!

I'm sorry that I'm bad at keeping up with journals lately. Please know that I'm always :cheer2: for you and always appreciating your posts to my journal.

:wave: Erin

Yesterday I didn't do any "official" walking but I did spend 4 hours at the zoo walking around so I figure that counts since I don't do that everyday.

Thanks for stopping by Erin. Work is going okay - it will be really busy this week b/c of mothers day and I'm apply for a part time manager-like position so hopefully that will work out. I'll definitely make a lap of world showcase for you. I can't beleive it's almost time to go.

The 4 hours walking around DEFINITELY counts!!!:jumping3:
You are doing great Steph! You will be in such good shape when you get to WDW! No slowing you down because you are not conditioned! And I have to say, I'm sooooo jealous! That trip will be here so soon!
:wizard: for you that you get that promotion. Sounds like a nice opportunity for you.
Well, you'll get plenty of time on your feet at work this week with Mothers Day approaching. Make sure you take good care of you!!
Have a great day! :sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

Steph, I'm thinking of you! Are you getting packed for your trip?? It's almost here!! You're going to look GREAT at WDW!! :sunny:

Hey Steph! So sorry I haven't been around, trip planning 'ya know. Of course you know, you're only a week away from leaving for your vacation. I saw you over on the vacation planning boards a few times! Well, if I don't get to talk to you before you leave, have a great trip and be sure to post a trip report when you get back!:wave:

I haven't had much time to stop by the journals with exams and getting ready for our trip. Once exams got underway I really didn't have much time to exercise so I'll definitely be getting back on track this week. I've gained a few lbs but I've been stress eating and getting a lot of take out b/c I've been so busy. Hopefully once things calm down after the trip I'll get back into the swing of things.

Hey Steph! I hope exams went well! I know what you mean about the take out food. We practically live on it this time of year because of the kids schedules! (It also doesn't help that our grill died and I haven't been able to replace it yet! :rolleyes: ) But you will soon be able to refocus after your vacation.
Are you all packed? I know I would be if I were leaving in 5 days! (of course, I pack, unpack, repack..... about 3 to 5 times trying to figure out WHAT exactly to take....:rolleyes: )
Have a great Monday! I hope you have lots of :sunny: !
TTFN-
Sharon

I'm almost all ready to leave for disney on Sunday. I'm so excited! I'm going crazy trying to occupy my mind. I know I could be exercising but on Monday I got hit with a killer cold so I have been doing my best to get better before we leave. I still have a stuffy nose but otherwise I'm not feeling too bad. I've managed to loose a few of those extra pounds I put on during finals time so that has me feeling good too.

In other news, I got promoted at BBW and now am a part time sales lead (kinda like assistant manager). I will really have a busy summer b/w working 25-30 at the orchard and 20-30 hours at BBW. At least working at the orchard is easy and pretty boring so I'll be able to study for the bar exam. Also my mom is going to pitch in some money so I can get a new car - I'm looking at leasing the Ford Escape. My car is ready to call it quits so we'll start looking when we get back from disney. The new promotion came with a nice raise too so that will help with the car payments.

I'll stop by once I'm back and let you all know what a great time I had. Take care everyone!!

Congratulations on the promotion! I'm sending good vibes to you while you're on your trip!! I bet you're having a great time!! :sunny:

I hope it's not horribly bad form to resurrect my old thread but I really need the inspiration. I came across this again when I was searching through my really old posts for something. Over six years ago I managed to go from a weight that is very close to where I am now to over 50 lbs lighter. Really seeing that I had been able to do this before made me want to try again. I need to journal my food and exercise and be accountable so I can keep on track.

Breakfast
High fiber oatmeal with pb - 4pts
Cheerios with skim milk - 4 pts
Coffee with splenda and half and half - 1pt

Lunch
Veggie barley soup - 2pts
Garden salad with ff Italian - 1pt

Dinner
2 chicken patties 12 pts
Fries 5 pts

29pts, 1511 calories

Water - 4 glasses
Vitamin

I hope it's not horribly bad form to resurrect my old thread but I really need the inspiration. I came across this again when I was searching through my really old posts for something. Over six years ago I managed to go from a weight that is very close to where I am now to over 50 lbs lighter. Really seeing that I had been able to do this before made me want to try again. I need to journal my food and exercise and be accountable so I can keep on track.

Breakfast
High fiber oatmeal with pb
Cheerios with skim milk
Coffee with splenda and half and half

Ahh I need to dust off my thread as well. I've started back recommitting a few weeks ago! Although I'm doing most of my journalling on 3 Fat Chicks blogs. Best of luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter