Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

That's my biggest concern, getting to the gate next week to activate the pass an it not working because I only have a white card. What would even happen in that case? They'd convert my AP back into a 10 day ticket and refund the difference? Tell me to take a hike?

That is a great question. They may say you have to upgrade to the Incredipass, or allow you to use the value toward a 10 day ticket. Getting a refund may be tough because normally, they don't do that.

If it were me, I would not chance it until I was there. This way, if they take the white card, then you are good. If they don't, then you keep what you have.

FWIW, I called member services this morning to inquire about purchasing a sorceror's pass with a white card and was given an emphatic "no." I had first called general ticketing to inquire about purchasing an annual pass with a white card and was told "Yes, but you'll have to call member services to do it."

FWIW, I called member services this morning to inquire about purchasing a sorceror's pass with a white card and was given an emphatic "no." I had first called general ticketing to inquire about purchasing an annual pass with a white card and was told "Yes, but you'll have to call member services to do it."

Which confirms that their is miscommunication between the two divisions. If MS is still saying no, then it does sound like the ticketing department has not yet gotten the correct info.

Which confirms that their is miscommunication between the two divisions. If MS is still saying no, then it does sound like the ticketing department has not yet gotten the correct info.

I called and was very upfront that I was a resale "white card" dvc member and wondering if I could buy Sorcerer's Pass. The first person I talked to said yes but needed to be transferred. The next cast member said emphatically YES took a bunch of information, quoted me prices with my existing tickets applied and then passed me to "ticketing" to pay the balance and get my confirmation code. The last person said yes and took my info etc. and then said they needed my DVC number to send to member services which I provided and then they said NO because DVC said I was not eligible. With each person I stated I was a resale white card DVC member and was not sure if I could purchase the SP AP, but it was the final step of verification with DVC that turned out a no. Clearly many departments are not on the same page.

I called and was very upfront that I was a resale "white card" dvc member and wondering if I could buy Sorcerer's Pass. The first person I talked to said yes but needed to be transferred. The next cast member said emphatically YES took a bunch of information, quoted me prices with my existing tickets applied and then passed me to "ticketing" to pay the balance and get my confirmation code. The last person said yes and took my info etc. and then said they needed my DVC number to send to member services which I provided and then they said NO because DVC said I was not eligible. With each person I stated I was a resale white card DVC member and was not sure if I could purchase the SP AP, but it was the final step of verification with DVC that turned out a no. Clearly many departments are not on the same page.
Yeah this was basically my experience without quite so many transfers. Ticketing was an emphatic yes even though I was quite upfront about the fact that I was a white card dvc member. I feel like if I had been physically at Disney World talking to guest services they would have just sold it to me. Oh well, hopefully this is still a thing in February when I go, but I’m guessing probably it won’t be by then.

Exactly. There is a big disconnect right now because ticketing CMs are the ones who seem to say yes, but do they really know the difference?

But, it’s up to DVD to figure it out if they don’t want white card members to get it and get that info to ticketing. If not, you are going to get inconsistent enforcement of the rules.

So, I called ticketing and upgraded our 4day park ticket to a sorcerer pass. I have a white card. I had no problems, it was extremely easy and i was up front on our membership status. It is on my Disney experience and my park reservations are still there. We are new resale members so never had an annual pass before and never expected to be able to get one. From all the talk here though it seems like maybe it was a mistake to go through with it lol. Will we not be able to just scan our bands to go in? Who will ask for our cards? Should I call member services and see if they can just refund and switch is back to a 4 day ticket? I don’t want to be screwed when we get down there!

So, I called ticketing and upgraded our 4day park ticket to a sorcerer pass. I have a white card. I had no problems, it was extremely easy and i was up front on our membership status. It is on my Disney experience and my park reservations are still there. We are new resale members so never had an annual pass before and never expected to be able to get one. From all the talk here though it seems like maybe it was a mistake to go through with it lol. Will we not be able to just scan our bands to go in? Who will ask for our cards? Should I call member services and see if they can just refund and switch is back to a 4 day ticket? I don’t want to be screwed when we get down there!
What phone number did you call? Do the passes say DVC member in your My Disney Experience? Or do they have language about being a Florida Resident?

Gold AP's need to be activated. That's when they would normally ask to see the blue card.

Did they ask you for your DVC membership number to verify?

You will have to activate the voucher when you get to the park. GR will ask to see your card. It is at that time you may have trouble. Right now, some CMs at the parks are accepting the white card...or had been as have not read any recent reports...and allowing passes to become active. We do not know at what point, if any, those rules will begin to be enforced at the parks.

Unfortunately, the CM's in ticketing either did not get the correct information or ticketing is simply selling to all so a lot of inconsistency right now. Technically, per DVC, white card holders are ineligible for the Sorcerer pass.

MS will not be able to change it back for you. I don't even know if ticketing will any longer because it would require a refund. I think at at this point you need to just go and be prepared to have to make adjustments if they are no longer taking the white card as a valid DVC card for the pass.

I just upgraded tix at the park to the sorcerer’s with zero problems.. white card. Told her I was DVC and that I wanted to upgrade int the AP, asked to see my membership card and ID… clearly shows I’m a white card member. If there was an actual discount available to DVC, i think it would be a different story, but since we are still paying full pop on that pass, it really doesn’t matter to ticketing.

I just upgraded tix at the park to the sorcerer’s with zero problems.. white card. Told her I was DVC and that I wanted to upgrade int the AP, asked to see my membership card and ID… clearly shows I’m a white card member. If there was an actual discount available to DVC, i think it would be a different story, but since we are still paying full pop on that pass, it really doesn’t matter to ticketing.
Gold AP didn't have a discount but still required blue card.

All I know is that ticketing really seems to care that you are a member, doesnt Matter white or blue. Especially in person..

I'm a DVC white card holder. Assuming that you are able to purchase with a white card, what is the rule about purchasing for your spouse and children? I assume I can buy for my children, but can I also buy for my wife who is not on the deed? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for an update.So, we are 11 days in and no change at the parks in accepting the white card.

I am going to say it’s a good sign for those going soon and a reason to wait until you get there to do the upgrade!

All I know is that ticketing really seems to care that you are a member, doesnt Matter white or blue. Especially in person..

That’s my experience over the phone as well. Upgraded to APs from park hopper with no issues.

Two phone calls and both cast members from ticketing said DVC members qualify. Just FYI that both knew the difference between a blue and white card and I was still able to purchase. I really only called back the second time because I didn’t want to show up and have issues and the second call confirmed we are good to go. The second rep said this is not a membership extra it is a offer to DVC members.

I think what’s happening is when people are calling ticketing to purchase an annual pass and don’t already have existing tickets are directed to DVC member services and DVC reps say no. I believe the way to go is once you have a park ticket even for just one day to call general ticketing to upgrade.

Remember that DVD (think direct sales) negotiates membership extras and not DVC.

Not to get off topic but it’s also why I take exception with everyone paying the same dues but the handling of membership extras get passed on to member services when only some members get the perks but we all pay. Think to when membership extra promotions have come out and there were hours long wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter