Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

We may have a difference of opinion

Its no an opinion they are incorrectly published and listed all over the place.

The language can say whatever, but that does not mean they cannot change what they can or cannot do.

Except the language still exists.... so they need to update the language otherwise they are still confined by it.

Hell there are even FTC regulations regarding truth in advertising beyond the issues with having things like contracts and disclosures still containing the incorrect information.

I feel badly for you if you bought direct simply for the perks.

Again I am fine if they change the language. I am not fine if they continue along without changing the language but give the offer to white card members.

This is no different than any of the other issues brought up. Heck the point inflation actually helped me as it would drain more points from people who travel in the fall since I won't be traveling then. The lockoff premium would also have helped since I could easily skip 1brs. How it impacts me is of less consequence than DVC/Disney being held to their contracts/marketing/word.

Its no an opinion they are incorrectly published and listed all over the place.

Except the language still exists.... so they need to update the language otherwise they are still confined by it.

Hell there are even FTC regulations regarding truth in advertising beyond the issues with having things like contracts and disclosures still containing the incorrect information.

Again I am fine if they change the language. I am not fine if they continue along without changing the language but give the offer to white card members.

This is no different than any of the other issues brought up. Heck the point inflation actually helped me as it would drain more points from people who travel in the fall since I won't be traveling then. The lockoff premium would also have helped since I could easily skip 1brs. How it impacts me is of less consequence than DVC/Disney being held to their contracts/marketing/word.
They can change the language in a heartbeat. The language is semantics.

There is no where in any DVC contract that promises guaranteed benefits for direct vs resale.

They can change the language in a heartbeat. The language is semantics.

There is no where in any DVC contract that promises guaranteed benefits for direct vs resale.

Did I say benefits were grandfathered? I never once did.

My comment has been and will continue to be the language everywhere right now is incorrect or they incorrectly are selling the passes. One or the other has to change until that occurs there is an issue.

If you go back I also was posting about point inflation last December and had multiple calls with DVC leadership (including the team who made point charts) when the new point charts only helped me.

I also stated at the start of WDW shutdown DVC shouldn't be giving point extensions until they come out of Disney's own bucket to make guests whole (which seemed to be the case).

Like I said I can care less how this impacts me I just want things to correctly be followed and correctly listed for others.

To add from my opinion: If they do give white card members APs thats fine then my feedback to DVC will be what will they replace it with for those who purchased direct?

Last edited:
Did I say benefits were grandfathered? I never once did.

My comment has been and will continue to be the language everywhere right now is incorrect or they incorrectly are selling the passes. One or the other has to change until that occurs there is an issue.
I don’t recall saying anything about grandfathered.

Of course Miscommunication and information is currently jumbled. Welcome to Disney.
Point is, whichever way this shakes out, it could be changed the next day.
You have your direct points. Sleep easy, as I doubt they will ever give a larger discount for white cards.
Blue card folks are getting what they paid for, plus a few benefits.

Of course Miscommunication and information is currently jumbled. Welcome to Disney.
Point is, whichever way this shakes out, it could be changed the next day.

Except language should be updated as well..... "Welcome to Disney" is not an excuse.

Sleep easy

Again I think you are completely missing the point the issue going on. Disney is directly going against all things listed everywhere currently which is an issue.

This isn't directly about me its about others currently looking at possibly improper language by Disney or Disney incorrectly enforcing their language in place.

Disney can remove all differences between resale and direct tomorrow and go back to the past. Just update the language is all I ask and follow the language that exists upon doing so.

Except language should be updated as well..... "Welcome to Disney" is not an excuse.

Again I think you are completely missing the point the issue going on. Disney is directly going against all things listed everywhere currently which is an issue.

This isn't directly about me its about others currently looking at possibly improper language by Disney or Disney incorrectly enforcing their language in place.
While I agree the language should be updated, one way or the other, does that really matter from a practical standpoint? Blue cards are getting the promised benefits.

I’m a Florida resident (ex-DVC), and get better deals than a blue carder. Is that an issue? Cannot they decide who they want to give discounts to??

I understand the fine print is incorrect, but that is immaterial to current members. Prospective members do have a stronger case imo.

does that really matter from a practical standpoint?

That is ALL that matters to me honestly. Write the language, disclosures, marketing, web, and terms and follow them. When updating follow the rules that were laid out as well.

I’m a Florida resident (ex-DVC), and get better deals than a blue carder. Is that an issue? Cannot the decide who they want to give discounts to??

I can care less because Florida resident discounts are not written in to any DVC language, sites, disclosures, or marketing from what I have come across but might be missing something.

that is immaterial to current members.

Actually its not because if they remove a benefit from the Membership Extras (since Disney just gives it to all DVC members) then per the disclosure they should then "substitute a replacement Benefit of a type, quality, value and term reasonably similar to the unavailable Benefit."

Now there would be some battle back and forth on that piece though since its technically still available but not exclusive to Membership Extras but to both Membership in general as well as Membership Extras.

That is ALL that matters to me honestly. Write the language, disclosures, marketing, web, and terms and follow them. When updating follow the rules that were laid out as well.

I can care less because Florida resident discounts are not written in to any DVC language, sites, disclosures, or marketing from what I have come across but might be missing something.

Actually its not because if they remove a benefit from the Membership Extras (since Disney just gives it to all DVC members) then per the disclosure they should then "substitute a replacement Benefit of a type, quality, value and term reasonably similar to the unavailable Benefit."

Now there would be some battle back and forth on that piece though since its technically still available but not exclusive to Membership Extras but to both Membership in general as well as Membership Extras.
Does the exact language say “only” blue cards will get sorcerers, or “blue cards will get sorcers”.
Subtle difference.

Anyway, we are going in circles. I do not agree. We will just need to agree to disagree.

In closing, I feel blue cards are getting the deal they are currently promised.

Enjoy your vacations!!! :drinking:

No you are completely missing the point. All the language everywhere states only blue cards should be getting the benefit. This is an issue with language in contracts, disclosures, marketing, and websites being incorrect leading to a incorrect assumption on what is or is not included for various memberships.

If you don't see an issue with that you are just wrong.

If Disney wants to give it to everyone then change the language, change the disclosure (has been updated I think at last count 5 times since the start of the pandemic still including AP as a benefit), change the website, change the marketing materials.

I see no difference between this and lock off premiums and incorrect point charts which lead to inflation of total points.

Also don't give me some line how DVC Sales and Disney Parks are two different companies so what one does is irrelevant to the other.

The current language in documents says “from time to time” they may offer it.

So as far as I am concerned that is accurate. The issue for language is the current terms and conditions on the website that say one thing and ticketing has decided to do something contrary to that.

DVD needs to get that clarified if what one division is doing contradicts the rules they are publishing. MS is enforcing it.

Not for the sake of those entitled to membership magic, but for consistency for those without. It should not be down to luck.

However, it’s two weeks in and reports are still coming in. IMO, something else is going on behind the scenes because it could have easily been stopped if ticketing has an exclusive agreement with DVD for only blue card.

Does the exact language say “only” blue cards will get sorcerers, or “blue cards will get sorcers”.
Subtle difference.

Anyway, we are going in circles. I do not agree. We will just need to agree to disagree.

In closing, I feel blue cards are getting the deal they are currently promised.

Enjoy your vacations!!! :drinking:

The website for DVC currently says that to be eligible for the Sorcerer Pass you must be eligible for membership magic..which means a blue card.

But I posted above what the legal documents say and that is “from time to time” an AP will be offered and in this case it is so I see no contradiction there.

But I posted above what the legal documents say and that is “from time to time” an AP will be offered and in this case it is so I see no contradiction there.

Little more vague as its "From time to time, Members may purchase" as they avoid stating availability to purchase may or may not exist.

However, it’s two weeks in and reports are still coming in. IMO, something else is going on behind the scenes because it could have easily been stopped if ticketing has an exclusive agreement with DVD for only blue card.

I also wonder though if the new DVC leadership has this on the list of things to discuss but its just far down the list. We have the new budgets and point charts just over 3 months from now which if they are trying to make larger changes likely lots of back and forth on the new direction of DVC (if there is a new direction).

Oh and anyone with a White Card should be doing what they can to get their AP now as to avoid any update later and cash in on what seems to be a temporary policy at least by Parks.

Little more vague as its "From time to time, Members may purchase" as they avoid stating availability to purchase may or may not exist.

I also wonder though if the new DVC leadership has this on the list of things to discuss but its just far down the list. We have the new budgets and point charts just over 3 months from now which if they are trying to make larger changes likely lots of back and forth on the new direction of DVC (if there is a new direction).

Oh and anyone with a White Card should be doing what they can to get their AP now as to avoid any update later and cash in on what seems to be a temporary policy at least by Parks.

It could be down the list but DVD is in charge of membership extras and not DVC (who s in charge of things you mentioned) so IMO, if DVD was that concerned with it, it could be stopped pretty easily.

When it was the Gold pass, they knew about it needing a blue card, because we were asked for that specifically.

Just makes me believe that ticketing and DVD May have a different arrangement regarding this pass in exchange for no having a discount on the other one right now.

It could be down the list but DVD is in charge of membership extras and not DVC (who s in charge of things you mentioned) so IMO, if DVD was that concerned with it, it could be stopped pretty easily.

When it was the Gold pass, they knew about it needing a blue card, because we were asked for that specifically.

Just makes me believe that ticketing and DVD May have a different arrangement regarding this pass in exchange for no having a discount on the other one right now.

I did see reports now of member services stating they are aware of resale members being able to purchase annual passes and have informed ticketing that should not be the case.

With anything though who knows if the people sharing any of this information actually know anything.

I thought Membership Magic is different than Membership Extras according to the welcome letter that is still on my refrigerator.

Just curious how this normally works, but lets say you got the sorcerer as a White Card Pleb, come next year, since you already have that pass, will it be super easy to renew at the discounted rate or do you normally have to go through the same verification process before you are allowed to renew?

Just curious how this normally works, but lets say you got the sorcerer as a White Card Pleb, come next year, since you already have that pass, will it be super easy to renew at the discounted rate or do you normally have to go through the same verification process before you are allowed to renew?
IIRC, renewals are handled via member services by phone or at guest services in the parks. I recall seeing the ability to renew online but not for DVC APs. Verification is needed each time because it's possible that people could sell their contracts and no longer be members.

Even with renewals, I have always had to show my blue card at the time it was activated.

So, I do think that if someone got one this year, and they decide to enforce blue card as the only valid ID needed, then will not be allowed to renew it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter