Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey all!

Mac-my DH got vanity plates and hung a shiny strand of beads from his visor to distinguish his 2017 CRV, maroon from the hundreds of identical cars in any given parking lot. That body style is also almost exactly like a few other manufactures.

Grey here-hoping for more rain. Storm blew through yesterday.
In my world we are on the 3rd incarnation of Monday...at least tomorrow is my "friday" as I am off for a 3 day weekend!
Hope Schumi made it to Orlando safely!

Howdy, Sans family :wave:

Yep, keisha the Dis has been wonky on my IPad for sure today. Decided to get on the Desktop.

Robo...how special that the mama deer brought her baby to visit you. One of my favorite memories with my mom was seeing a mama deer and twin fawns cross the road in front of us when we were traveling to go shopping in town. A rare sight and it made our day.

:hug: Tink those mom memories are sure special.

I have tried not to let the doe get to comfortable around me as I'am afraid she will do this with a hunter and she will be killed. I try to shoo her away, but she just stands there and looks at me. It melts my heart. I was out in the backyard and I could have walked right up to her and petted her. The fawn was a little more stand offish at first then she came close to me also.

Sounds lovely Robo, deer watching. Hope you and family are doing well.

We are hanging in there Lynne. It is a wake up call that even if you are the victim of a accident that does not mean you are not going to go through some physical and emotional grief. Have to keep it in check and deal with what the day hands you and no more at times. Will be glad when this is over with for sure.

LoL I had half a can of salt & vinegar lays last night for dinner. Bonus points I lugged it home in my suitcase from last trip. Very whole ones but still tasted mighty good with my ho-made strawberry lemonade. Will call it comfort food.

LOL.....that makes the chips treat even more special as it was lovingly cared for in your luggage home...::yes::

Checked in for flight to Orlando tomorrow.........

Hotter than Hades here.........no complaining though...........:D

I know you have been in Lizard Heaven with the heat in New York. It will continue in Orlando. Have a safe flight into MCO and enjoy your time at the Resort and Parks.

Dawned on me, this is not my car.........
But it unlocked when I clicked my remote.

Jumped out of the car and the one next to it was mine.
Holy Moly

I can' remember if I posted this on the Sans or not, but a couple of years ago I had just pulled up and parked at Walmart and I was getting ready to get out of my SUV and I heard the back door open and shut and I looked in the back seat and there was a little girl who I guess was about 12 sitting in my back seat. I told her she was in the wrong vehicle and she looked at me wide eyed.....opened the door to get out and her mom was standing there. She was laughing and was very apologetic and told her daughter that my vehicle looked nothing like theirs. Their vehicle was parked right next to mine though.

Robo - How cool that the deer brought her fawn close to the house. We occasionally see them in our backyard, but they never come close.

I do like the wild life here for sure. Hope you got B's glasses sorted out

Tea for me, now. Hope all the homies have a wonderful Wednesday. And take a deep breath, Friday will be here before ya know it.

You have a wonderful Wednesday too Lynne.

Waving Hi to Lynne, Agave, Bobbie, Monk, Charade; Patty, tink, Schumi and Robo.

Hey! ckmiles :wave2:

I have an appointment at the beauty parlor after work. - I love saying beauty parlor, reminds me of my grammy.

Beauty Parlor is the norm in the South. I had my hair and pedicure done yesterday. Do like getting a little pampering....not diapered ....LOL...spoiled...... I look kinda human again...LOL

We made it home at 1:45 this morning! I'm just a little tired!! I was supposed to take vacation the rest of the week, but I didn't want to get real behind at work, so I'm here today!

Hope you get some rest today.

Good afternoon sans family. It is a nice bright and warm day here in CT. I love this weather. Not sure if my :cat: are liking it too much.

Macraven - Wow I would have done the exact same thing and high tailed it out of there. I am not sure if I would tell my hubby he loves to razz me about forgetting things like that. :rolleyes: LOl! I will remember about disappearing my friend:goodvibes

Also I have to ask you since you live in GA, is there something special about boiled peanuts? We got some when we stopped off at Peach World on the way home. They were really hyping them up. We bought some but couldn't figure out why she said they were a delicacy. :confused3

Robo56 thanks for the welcoming back! It is nice to be here.

Ckmiles- thanks for the hugs they always help!

Today and tomorrow are my busy days with the teens. Liv and Charlie have two best friends that they hang with all the time. My house was selected last year as the main hang out. They say we are the cool parents8-). They call them selves the squad 2 boys and 2 girls. The only thing is they can eat sooooooooo much. I tend to make pasta dishes for dinner so I can stretch it. I love these kids they are good ones, but they don't want to go home ever:scared:. At least I know they are safe. Tonight is pepperoni sauce over penne with garlic bread.:D

Liv is doing a tad better. She is still sad and keeps forgetting their status when hanging now. It is taking some getting use to. She has her nose in the books with her summer college classes. I think it is a good distraction. Today they hijack my living room and tomorrow is a 6 flags water park day with them!:thumbsup2

I hope everyone is having a great hump day!

Today and tomorrow are my busy days with the teens. Liv and Charlie have two best friends that they hang with all the time. My house was selected last year as the main hang out. They say we are the cool parents8-). They call them selves the squad 2 boys and 2 girls. The only thing is they can eat sooooooooo much. I tend to make pasta dishes for dinner so I can stretch it. I love these kids they are good ones, but they don't want to go home ever:scared:. At least I know they are safe. Tonight is pepperoni sauce over penne with garlic bread.:D

Wow! your an awesome mom.....its so nice that you offer them a place to come and hang out........tonight's dinner sounds delicious.

Liv is doing a tad better. She is still sad and keeps forgetting their status when hanging now. It is taking some getting use to. She has her nose in the books with her summer college classes. I think it is a good distraction. Today they hijack my living room and tomorrow is a 6 flags water park day with them!:thumbsup2

Hugs to you and Liv :grouphug:......I know its not easy as a mom to watch your child go through these things either.

Another quick drive by.........

Apologies for not replying to everyone.......

So our 3rd of 5 trips to Orlando this year has begun..........:D

Yes, Keisha we stayed dry last night! Decided to order room service........glad we did as rain had gone off so we planned to go out, then changed our mind.......then it came bouncing back down again. It was lovely watching it from the comfort of our hotel room, with food and a bottle of wine..........

Had good and very short 2 Hour 15 minute flight from JFK to MCO. We do like JetBlue.......

Arrived in Orlando to lightning and rain.......typical! But we made it here dry.........and managed to bag a real whopper of a car!!!

Sapphire is as always beautiful and we are again in the lovely Sapphire Suite.........definitely feels like home........all unpacked and now deciding what to do next.........so much energy now as we didn’t have a 9 hour flight and the waiting around that entails..........

Hope everyone is good........:wave2:

Cool
A Schumi sighting!

Bobbie, boiled peanuts are eaten warm
Is that how they were given to you?
Warm?

Just came back from doing Mr Mac early birthday dinner
Steaks at Longhorn steak house
I’m stuffed

About to watch the Tour de France race
Rerun of what was done today earlier

Robo, just one day at a time. Sending more hugs. When I was younger, a guy ran a red light and slammed into me. Took awhile to not flinch when crossing streets on green. Lucky, l only had some deep bruising and mild concussion.

Bobby, such a good mom. Yeah, teens are hard, and letting them spread their wings is even harder.

Woot! A live Schumi report from the Dark Side. Glad the rain and storm did not delay your travel. Hope you have a lovely night, and fun in the park tomorrow. Score on the rental car.

Hi everybody :wave2:

Well I got my license renewed with no trouble...I used skip a step on the website and went directly to a window...took about 5 minutes. I had an inch thick folder full of stuff and they only wanted my ss card, birth certificate, marriage license and a utility bill...better safe than sorry. We had friends with us who were also getting their renewal and one getting her driver's test...she passed so we all went to a Japanese restaurant for a sushi and hibachi dinner to celebrate...I am stuffed.

Mac, I have a black Camry and so do 3 other people who I work with...I have a green tink sticker on my side window to keep me from doing what you did :tink:

Thanks for checking in Carole, I look forward to seeing your trip report.

Mac, Carole, Robo, monyk, patty, Lynne, Bobbie, ck and Janet...have a wonderful night.

Currently on the deck, cosmo in hand, Diva chicken sitting beside me. Nice out now, but the heat is coming-hitting 100 degrees by friday with Heat index up to 110. Will have to open John Deere room doors a bit and put fan in the doorway to blow some cooler air out for the chickens. This extreme heat can kill them quick.
The boy heard the ice cream truck when he was sitting out with me-manage to scrounge enough quarters from change jar he got ice cream-it is what he is having for dinner I guess. Eh-it's summer.
Anyone remember "Door Knock Dinners" with (I think) Gordon Elliot on the food network way back when FN first started? He and a guest chef would "randomly" knock on a door and fix the house occupants dinner from what they could scrounge in the kitchen. I've been doing a version of that past few weeks. I obviously have way overstuffed freezers...made skillet chicken pot pie last night, with a biscuit topping not crust.

Steaks at Longhorn steak house
Happy Early Bday to Mr Mac!
My house was selected last year as the main hang out.
Sweet! And thanks for being the hangout house-my oldest and her gang had a house like that during HS-fellow band member. I asked her a few times if she minded they hung there but she loved it-he was her youngest so I think she was just enjoying the times she had left before all the kids were gone. I did have the oldest try to host all the kids once in awhile though to take the burden off. That took a Sam's club full shopping cart to be sure there was enough food!! It is comforting to know they have a safe space.
Will be glad when this is over with for sure.
:grouphug:

Now if the neighbor would be done power washing whatever it is he's washing it would be a nice evening on the deck:scared:

upload_2018-7-19_6-49-51.jpeg

Hope you had a nice, more quiet evening MonyK. Sounded like a lovely night, though starting out quite noisy.

Came home to find a dead blue jay in my yard. Not sure if he got hit, or was sick, or what. Shovel and bag. Hate having to do that. Was our excitement for last night. Was just little one and I for dinner last night, so we went to a diner, then stopped at a store to shop. Yep, shirt for her, shorts for older one, and me, nothing. Oh well. Lots of summer stuff on clearance, and back to school stuff everywhere. Sigh, means the summer is half over.

Per the weather man today, it's going to be a phenomenal, hot day. 97 is our high temperature, but with humidity levels in the low 20's, it's just hot, and I'm a happy camper, as that's my kind of summer day.

And hey, since it will be hot today, and it's a Thursday,
images
. Yep, drink up, stay hydrated, and keep those sunglasses on, there's already a bright sun in the sky.

Have a nice time in the parks, Schumi. So nice to be able to wake up, and get to see the beautiful SF hotel grounds.

Hope all have a terrific day. I need tea, and that sweater is on hand. AC is on arctic air setting, and it's cranking up early. That's okay, I'll be warming up on my lunchtime walk.

Follow on homies, sending more good thoughts and hugs to Robo and Agavegirl, and any other homie that needs some of that.

Good Morning!

Beautiful sunny day here- No humidity and blue skies- I have all my windows open - letting in the fresh air!

I love these days- but I prefer it hotter so I can enjoy the pool. Rumor has it -next week will be pool weather.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Im trying to get some work done- which requires me to stop goofing around on these boards!

They say we are the cool parents8-)

tomorrow is a 6 flags water park day with them!

Nice to be the cool parents!!
Hope you have a great water park day!:)

So our 3rd of 5 trips to Orlando this year has begun..........

Have a great time!:)

:bday: Mr Mac!!

Well I got my license renewed with no trouble

That's always a relief- quick and easy at the DMV!!:thumbsup2

The boy heard the ice cream truck when he was sitting out with me-manage to scrounge enough quarters from change jar he got ice cream-it is what he is having for dinner I guess. Eh-it's summer.

I do miss not having littles as I love the ice cream truck! Joe and I would look weird running out to the truck with no kids!

back to school stuff everywhere. Sigh, means the summer is half over.
:sad: But our fall trip is coming!! Major DISmeet!:D

Beautiful sunny day here- No humidity and blue skies- I have all my windows open - letting in the fresh air!

I love these days- but I prefer it hotter so I can enjoy the pool. Rumor has it -next week will be pool weather.

We're hitting 90 tomorrow!! Yep- definitely need the heat for a nice pool day!!

Happy Thursday all!!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! Joe, Kyle, and I venture out on the road with their cats to Ft. Lauderdale! We rented a minivan and have a dog kennel that we'll put in the back so the cats have some room! They have some meds from the vet to keep them calm! Wish I could get a dose of that! and be able to stay awake!

Hey Ck, eh, you need breaks every so often with the heat, er cold inside.

Patty, safe travels tomorrow. What a crew, LOL. Yep, the countdown is getting closer for the fall trip. Will be nice to say hello to you, Mac, and other DIS homies in October.

With that, home made pound cake found its way into the break room. What goes good with tea? Just a little piece. So longer walk for lunch.

Lunchtime yet? Don't know why I am yawning when so cold in here. Oh well. Bright outside, and the birds are noisy. Ah summer.

Beautiful day here! Last load of laundry in dryer, pot roast doing in on low in oven & one way to take ‘lil to one of the county spray parks/playgrounds, then quick nearby grocery run. Only thing re the parks is when so big, it’s a bit nerve-wracking keeping an eye on kiddos when it’s crowded. Least they have it fenced in with one entrance.

View attachment 337858

Hope you had a nice, more quiet evening MonyK. Sounded like a lovely night, though starting out quite noisy.

Came home to find a dead blue jay in my yard. Not sure if he got hit, or was sick, or what. Shovel and bag. Hate having to do that. Was our excitement for last night. Was just little one and I for dinner last night, so we went to a diner, then stopped at a store to shop. Yep, shirt for her, shorts for older one, and me, nothing. Oh well. Lots of summer stuff on clearance, and back to school stuff everywhere. Sigh, means the summer is half over.

Per the weather man today, it's going to be a phenomenal, hot day. 97 is our high temperature, but with humidity levels in the low 20's, it's just hot, and I'm a happy camper, as that's my kind of summer day.

And hey, since it will be hot today, and it's a Thursday,
images
. Yep, drink up, stay hydrated, and keep those sunglasses on, there's already a bright sun in the sky.

Have a nice time in the parks, Schumi. So nice to be able to wake up, and get to see the beautiful SF hotel grounds.

Hope all have a terrific day. I need tea, and that sweater is on hand. AC is on arctic air setting, and it's cranking up early. That's okay, I'll be warming up on my lunchtime walk.

Follow on homies, sending more good thoughts and hugs to Robo and Agavegirl, and any other homie that needs some of that.

Haven’t seen much in way of summer sales here yet, rather odd. Nice to hear you gave the bird a decent sendoff. Disturbing when people let them lay about.

Carole - enough with the rain following you about on vacation!

Mac - Happy Happy to Mr Mac!!! Did he pick out any new out-doorsie gear for a present this year? Our longhorn sux, most seem to love their local joint. Texas Roadhouse used to be my fav chain here but none in the area for years. Best buns ever.

MonyK - Gordon Ramsey scares me, all that screaming puts me on edge lol. Meanwhile he’s probably such a nice quiet man, ha NOT!

Patty - umm didn’t you just get back? hahahaha. Pot calling the kettle black. Have a nice road tripee. Are you driving straight thru?

Patty, safe travels tomorrow. What a crew, LOL. Yep, the countdown is getting closer for the fall trip. Will be nice to say hello to you, Mac, and other DIS homies in October.

Yep- I'm actually looking forward to fall for the trip!

Patty - umm didn’t you just get back? hahahaha. Pot calling the kettle black. Have a nice road tripee. Are you driving straight thru?

Yes- just got back! The NC/OBX trip was actually our planned vacation before all of this Florida moving thing happened!! Basically we will be going to Florida about every two weeks between now and the end of August while we get the boys situated!!
Driving straight thru!!:scared1: UGH! We don't want to make the stress worse for the cats by doing a hotel overnight!

Agree
Driving with cats long distance is miserable

So when we did our move, vet gave us meds that conked the cats out for all day travel
It helped make the drive better for me and the cats

Just give the meds before you start the drive
It took my cats close to one hour before they fell asleep

Safe travels pattyw!

Patty, be thankful those cats don't have motion sickness. I found out the hard way, one of my labs did. Cleaning out my gear shift was not fun. All I can say. That, and any time he had to be in the car, no food for him that day, even snacks.

Keisha, have fun with GD today. Dinner sounds good. I'm making hamburgers, as had gotten some ground beef from the butcher the other day, that and home made mashed, and some fresh corn cobs. Easy dinner for mom.

Agree
Driving with cats long distance is miserable

So when we did our move, vet gave us meds that conked the cats out for all day travel
It helped make the drive better for me and the cats

Just give the meds before you start the drive
It took my cats close to one hour before they fell asleep

Safe travels pattyw!

Thx!! We have a few doses of meds if necessary! I'll be waving to you Mac as we go through GA!!

Patty, be thankful those cats don't have motion sickness. I found out the hard way, one of my labs did. Cleaning out my gear shift was not fun. All I can say. That, and any time he had to be in the car, no food for him that day, even snacks.

Keisha, have fun with GD today. Dinner sounds good. I'm making hamburgers, as had gotten some ground beef from the butcher the other day, that and home made mashed, and some fresh corn cobs. Easy dinner for mom.

I hope no motion sickness! I have a supply of puppy training pads to put down in case of any tummy/bladder issues though!

YUM! Fresh corn on the cob! Easy AND delicious dinner!

Good afternoon everyone...I had a productive day....got to thinking about the travel credit we got from Expedia for the hotel mess up and added a night at Pop for $24 :cool1: then I changed our WDW reservation at Pop from a preferred room to a standard so we can maybe keep the same room both nights for $17 savings so it's only costing $7 more...love my Disney math:crazy:

I also changed our SW flight for no extra cost since we had a credit :banana:

Now we have a 10 day trip and more vacation time is always good.

But I think I'm preaching to the choir here:laughing:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter