Something About Nothing ... #12

Love that math, Tink.

Well, checked SW and Alamo. For Alamo, both August and October, much higher than already booked, though still annoyed how high what I do have. SW, over $100 more round trip x the 2 of us, but wahoo, over 4000 points back to me, as October cheaper flight back. I just keep swimming........

I'm off for the evening soon

Hitting a play production in town and then out to eat.

Since I gave him his bd present 5 minutes ago, we are eating dinner at taco bell after the play

Happy Birthday to Mr. Mac. Even if he is in the dog house, hey he is the birthday boy. Taco run, lucky guy.

Yep- I'm actually looking forward to fall for the trip!

Yes- just got back! The NC/OBX trip was actually our planned vacation before all of this Florida moving thing happened!! Basically we will be going to Florida about every two weeks between now and the end of August while we get the boys situated!!
Driving straight thru!!:scared1: UGH! We don't want to make the stress worse for the cats by doing a hotel overnight!

You are such a road warrior.

Ditto for Robo

My back made the 11 hour drive to Myrtle beach a thing of the past decades ago but spirit flies there so all good in the hood :)

Good afternoon everyone...I had a productive day....got to thinking about the travel credit we got from Expedia for the hotel mess up and added a night at Pop for $24 :cool1: then I changed our WDW reservation at Pop from a preferred room to a standard so we can maybe keep the same room both nights for $17 savings so it's only costing $7 more...love my Disney math:crazy:

I also changed our SW flight for no extra cost since we had a credit :banana:

Now we have a 10 day trip and more vacation time is always good.

But I think I'm preaching to the choir here:laughing:

A favorite song we love to hear! Congrats. So, which building did u request? Think my fav standard is the bowling pin pool area.

Love that math, Tink.

Well, checked SW and Alamo. For Alamo, both August and October, much higher than already booked, though still annoyed how high what I do have. SW, over $100 more round trip x the 2 of us, but wahoo, over 4000 points back to me, as October cheaper flight back. I just keep swimming........

Oct rentals took a bump today

I'm off for the evening soon

Hitting a play production in town and then out to eat.

Since I gave him his bd present 5 minutes ago, we are eating dinner at taco bell after the play

Did i miss the present’s announcement. Waiting for the critic’s review of play

Happy Birthday Mr Mac-enjoy the time out on the town!
Hope you had a nice, more quiet evening MonyK. Sounded like a lovely night, though starting out quite noisy.
-yeah I gave up - 5 mosquito bites later. And tonight barely got home (dark clouds chased me for an hour) when storm starting rolling in FAST. Yelled at kids and hub to start securing deck stuff and boy and I ran to grab chickens - silly things in middle of yard under a tree:sad2:. One decided to jump down from retaining wall on her own and a gust of wind nearly carried her off. Barely got back in house when sirens went off-precaution as storm was packing 60-80 mile/hr winds. Seems to have mostly blown through, with some smaller ones still to come. Power blipped but we are still energized, although it looks like other parts of city not so lucky.

DH playing with his new Alexis echo thingy...Prime days are dangerous.

Leftovers tonight. gotta clean out fridge.

Errands tomorrow before we head to lake. have to get food for the animals - they might like to eat over the weekend too...probably have enough to get through weekend but they will need it anyway, and less stress for pet sitter.

Oldest kid got off at 3 today and snagged an AS2 FP for 3:25 (at 3:15) so she was texting me pictures, and then came the food review from Woody's lunch box. She has ridden the TSL rides several times now and is saying the tracks feel different already. Glad we are going to get to ride it before it gets too worn down.

Major wrench in September maybe plans-the weekend I had picked is Parent's weekend at UofArk. And we have a package we won from her freshman year that hasn't been used yet (as she was in Disney last fall).

At least I can sleep tonight without an alarm set...

I haven't made any requests yet keisha. Last time I requested 80s close to transportation to get a renovated room and got the computer pool area which wasn't bad. I think I'll keep it simple and do ground floor, close to transportation to minimize the walking. I really don't mind anywhere at Pop as long as we can keep the same room for both nights.

Hope mac and the mr are enjoying their play and taco night.

Have a great night everyone :goodvibes

Me too, MonyK. Decided to have a 3 day weekend.

Tink, hope you get your request, and do not have to change rooms. I asked for quiet. Last time, I was near the bridge to AOA, but room was old. Maybe this time, I will have a new one.

All Pop rooms available now are renovated. The new rooms are really nice.

And double ugh-pricing out later september trip and it is quite a bit more if I want to stay onsite, and that's with cutting 2 days. OTOH-I have free accommodation certificate for TS at westgate for a week (won't need that long but it is there) 2 bedroom, rental car for 4 nights + Frontier flights this for what it would cost for 2 onsite hotels.

Thanks

but I don't think so as he cut another one of my flowering trees down in the back yard.

I need some yard work done! I can pick up Mr. Mac on I-95 Saturday morning!!

You are such a road warrior.

Ditto for Robo

My back made the 11 hour drive to Myrtle beach a thing of the past decades ago but spirit flies there so all good in the hood :)

I really hate driving- but it has to be done this time so I will warrior on!:drive:

Errands tomorrow before we head to lake. have to get food for the animals - they might like to eat over the weekend too...probably have enough to get through weekend but they will need it anyway, and less stress for pet sitter.

Have a great trip!

Me too, MonyK. Decided to have a 3 day weekend.

Enjoy your weekend!

Tink- You rock!! extra vacay days are great!!

Monyk- Offsite vs onsite is a difficult choice, but whatever it takes to make the vacation happen and affordable is the way to go!!

Wow! your an awesome mom.....its so nice that you offer them a place to come and hang out........tonight's dinner sounds delicious.

Hugs to you and Liv :grouphug:......I know its not easy as a mom to watch your child go through these things either.

Thank you so much! I love having them here even if they eat me out of house and home. Dinner was very delicious. So much so they didn't leave me many left overs:sad2:

Thank you I appreciate the :grouphug:. Yes it has been hard the last few days for her. I just know I can only be there for her. She has to work the feelings out her way.

l

Bobbie, boiled peanuts are eaten warm
Is that how they were given to you?
Warm?

Just came back from doing Mr Mac early birthday dinner
Steaks at Longhorn steak house
I’m stuffed

About to watch the Tour de France race
Rerun of what was done today earlier

Hi they sold them to us hot. They didn't suggest us to have them warm We didn't get to eat them till like 5 hours later. By then they were cold and soft. We tried to microwave them but that was a no go. Happy Birthday to Mr. Mac and hope you have had a great 2 days out celebrating.

Bobby, such a good mom. Yeah, teens are hard, and letting them spread their wings is even harder.

Thank you! Oh boy! I honestly didn't think it would be this hard. Glad to have the support here from everyone:goodvibes

Tink1957- glad your license worked out for you! I hope you had a great night too.

Currently on the deck, cosmo in hand, Diva chicken sitting beside me. Nice out now, but the heat is coming-hitting 100 degrees by friday with Heat index up to 110. Will have to open John Deere room doors a bit and put fan in the doorway to blow some cooler air out for the chickens. This extreme heat can kill them quick.
The boy heard the ice cream truck when he was sitting out with me-manage to scrounge enough quarters from change jar he got ice cream-it is what he is having for dinner I guess. Eh-it's summer.
Anyone remember "Door Knock Dinners" with (I think) Gordon Elliot on the food network way back when FN first started? He and a guest chef would "randomly" knock on a door and fix the house occupants dinner from what they could scrounge in the kitchen. I've been doing a version of that past few weeks. I obviously have way overstuffed freezers...made skillet chicken pot pie last night, with a biscuit topping not crust.

Sweet! And thanks for being the hangout house-my oldest and her gang had a house like that during HS-fellow band member. I asked her a few times if she minded they hung there but she loved it-he was her youngest so I think she was just enjoying the times she had left before all the kids were gone. I did have the oldest try to host all the kids once in awhile though to take the burden off. That took a Sam's club full shopping cart to be sure there was enough food!! It is comforting to know they have a safe space.
:grouphug:

I love the idea of having chickens as pets. I would love to branch out one day and have others. Right now I have too many rescue cats running the house. LOL

Thank you and I really enjoy it! She is my only daughter and having autism I worry about her and how she interacts with friends. I kind of help guide her in situations. That was so nice that you had them at your house to help. Believe me I am sure it was much appreciated. I know how the cart looks. What makes it worse is they all come with me and add to it.:scared: but it's all good:thumbsup2

Nice to be the cool parents!!
Hope you have a great water park day!:)
Have a great time!:)Well, tomorrow is the big day! Joe, Kyle, and I venture out on the road with their cats to Ft. Lauderdale! We rented a minivan and have a dog kennel that we'll put in the back so the cats have some room! They have some meds from the vet to keep them calm! Wish I could get a dose of that! and be able to stay awake!

Thank you we did have a great day! It was high 80's with sunshine. The park wasn't crowded and the water was warm.
Good luck and safe travels with everyone. I am not looking forward to moving all my cats. Brian is going to buy a shuttle bus and renovate it to hold them. Then I will visit my vet for kitty valium. LOL!

Oh what a beautiful morning, last day of full sun for us. Then, the weather guy just said the 7 day forecast has rain every day. Ha, welcome to summer.

02BB895B-1FC4-4DF8-9AFB-BFB64C50823B.jpeg

Why yes it is! Wahoo!

And, 34BE0101-EC02-4705-8E06-13334699C19C.png.

Yep! So, have a great Friday, safe travels Patty, fun in parks today for Schumi, MonyK will have fun at the lake, and Robo and Agavegirl are being sent lots of well wishes and a hug or two. For all homies, mummy dust and good thoughts, may you also have a fun weekend.

I definitely need tea. Go forth homies.

Good luck and safe travels with everyone. I am not looking forward to moving all my cats. Brian is going to buy a shuttle bus and renovate it to hold them. Then I will visit my vet for kitty valium. LOL!

LOL! Yep- When we move someday, I told Joe we need to buy a camper to move my cats!! Kitty valium is our friend!:cat:
And sending :grouphug: out to all you guys!!

Oh what a beautiful morning, last day of full sun for us

Enjoy the sun while it lasts, Lynne!!:sunny:

Getting ready to hit the road today! I'll be :wave: to all of you as we drive south!!

Morning all. Getting ready to make another batch of slime w/glitter (ugh), pool, make walking tacos & send mr off to work by 3 pm w/leftover roast beef sammies. He’s working a voluntary double. He sez to pay for my travel habit hmmph lol

Any plans this weekend? Nuthin comes to mind for me. Looking forward to being a slug.

Happy Birthday Mr Mac-enjoy the time out on the town!
-yeah I gave up - 5 mosquito bites later. And tonight barely got home (dark clouds chased me for an hour) when storm starting rolling in FAST. Yelled at kids and hub to start securing deck stuff and boy and I ran to grab chickens - silly things in middle of yard under a tree:sad2:. One decided to jump down from retaining wall on her own and a gust of wind nearly carried her off. Barely got back in house when sirens went off-precaution as storm was packing 60-80 mile/hr winds. Seems to have mostly blown through, with some smaller ones still to come. Power blipped but we are still energized, although it looks like other parts of city not so lucky.

DH playing with his new Alexis echo thingy...Prime days are dangerous.

Leftovers tonight. gotta clean out fridge.

Oldest kid got off at 3 today and snagged an AS2 FP for 3:25 (at 3:15) so she was texting me pictures, and then came the food review from Woody's lunch box. She has ridden the TSL rides several times now and is saying the tracks feel different already. Glad we are going to get to ride it before it gets too worn down.

Major wrench in September maybe plans-the weekend I had picked is Parent's weekend at UofArk. And we have a package we won from her freshman year that hasn't been used yet (as she was in Disney last fall).

At least I can sleep tonight without an alarm set...

What did she think of Woody’s. Disney food blog’s review was dismal. Had a feeling the monte cristo wouldn’t measure up to the delicacy @ DL, so we didn’t bother. Well that & the limited menu that didn’t appeal to Mr & GD. It was so empty every time we walked past first week in July they had CMs standing out front with menus trying to ‘rope’ people in! I’m told it got busier the next week.

SD was zippier, more fun than i expected. Alien ride so bumpy i’d be happy if it did settle down lol

All Pop rooms available now are renovated. The new rooms are really nice.

And double ugh-pricing out later september trip and it is quite a bit more if I want to stay onsite, and that's with cutting 2 days. OTOH-I have free accommodation certificate for TS at westgate for a week (won't need that long but it is there) 2 bedroom, rental car for 4 nights + Frontier flights this for what it would cost for 2 onsite hotels.

Are u an AP? There was an email last week. $87 rooms @ AS Sports. Not my fav of the values as to youth sports groups we have always encountered, but the price is right. I’m paying $103 all in for our first night there in August, lowest in years for us @ AS.

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Our dryer is back in business thanks to my talented daughter:woohoo: she watched a YouTube video a few times and had it fixed in an hour. I probably would have bought a new one rather than call a repairman. The best thing is it only cost $8 for the belt.

I'll be doing laundry for the rest of the day :laundy:good thing I don't have to use the clothesline since it's supposed to rain.

Safe travels for bobbie and patty and anyone else who is on the road this week...I'll wave at you as you travel through GA.

Now I need to get going and put another load in the washer.

Have a happy day homies :flower1:

Happy Friday all and a Happy Birthday to Mr. Mac.
Tink, those youtube videos on how to fix stuff have saved us quite a bit of money over time.

Good Travels Patty and Bobbie. We're just going up to the lake. Depending on Doctor's orders, it may be a while before I get back.
More lab tests this morning. I'm getting used to being stuck with needles. Good Thing!

Lynn, sometimes planning is fun and sometimes I wish there were "an app for that"...Put in your parameters and viola!...instantly optimal solution!

Schumi, I hope you are enjoying Sapphire Falls.

Need to pack some stuff for the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter