Something About Nothing ... #12

This is amazing!!!

Can barely see buildings around us......no ESB and Rockefeller is barely visible.......thank goodness we knew this was coming and we weren’t out on our planned boat tour........or walking in Central Park........

Thunder is loud here too Lynne..........lightning is quite spectacular..........

Not quite packed anything yet.......watching the weather is keeping me busy.........:D

And the skies opened on the way home. Temp dropped to 74, and oh so many puddles and flooding on the roads. Home now. I love a storm too, but soaking pant bottoms and shoes that sloshed underwater, not fun. Dry and changed now. Hope my shoes dry out. Pants should be quicker.

I just got stuck in a quick down pour....
It came quickly and then stopped by the time I got home.

Went to CVS to pick up a prescription.

Took my umbrella in the car with me as I heard thunder when I was getting out of the car.
Glad I did.

I stayed in the store for ten minutes waiting for it to clear up and decided to make a dash for the car.

Pouring rain and couldn't see very well.
Saw the silver suv and used the remote to open the car door.

You know where this is going.......

Got in the vehicle and tossed the umbrella on the floor of the front seat.
Used my fob to start the car.
Suv started but when I put it in reverse, nothing happened.....

I looked to the passenger seat and saw papers and a folder on it.
Strange, I had nothing on the front seats when I went into the store....

Dawned on me, this is not my car.........
But it unlocked when I clicked my remote.

Jumped out of the car and the one next to it was mine.
Holy Moly

Took off like a bat out of hell and drove home.

It's been 30 minutes since I have been home and no rain, but hot again and humid

I spy Schumi!!

Happy you dropped in and filled us up on today's adventure.

Good thing that you were in the hotel when the skies opened up

I say open a bottle of wine and enjoy looking out at the sky line from your window.

Blue skies. All gone is the rain. Time for dinner. Quite lovely out now. Hey, it is also double shot Tuesday here. Make it a double Schumi.

That is so funny Mac. I did that one time in my old car. I was like hum, oops. Got out of there quick too. It it open the door, just not the ignition.

Mr Mac is still laughing at me over what I did today

Told him I was traumatized and can't fix dinner now.
He said, lets hit Subway then.......

Happy birthday Kohlby!

Heard thunder today, but never saw any rain.

Tink - Hope you get the dryer fixed soon. I know I would hate to be without one even if it were just a few days.

Agavegirl - So sorry to hear about your son’s friend. Continued prayers for your upcoming surgery.

Robo - How cool that the deer brought her fawn close to the house. We occasionally see them in our backyard, but they never come close.

Macraven - I once got into the wrong car and there were people in it. How embarrassing.

Thanks for your update Schumi. Stay dry.

Keisha, I totally forgot about Prime Day! (And surgery date is July 24th, one week away)

It's been sunny and dry here for days. Poor DH is working 12 hour days in the heat. After today, he's back to "laid off status".

Mac, I have done the very same thing. I think the other car was not actually locked so the sound of my car unlocking nearby, made me think I had unlocked it. Any "trauma" to excuse you from cooking dinner is okay in my book. I used numerous doctor appointments yesterday and we had Subway...hehe.

:bday: Kohlby!!

Good evening! Just dropping into say hello. We have been stuck with thunderstorms and rain since 3:00. I forgot to grocery store before so sent hubby on the way home.:teeth:

Thanks again everyone for the support and welcoming me back. Being on the DIS with great peeps helps keep me busy and pumped for my next trip.

Dinner is done now to go clean. Brian has to fix the leaky shower so I will have no water in my house for a couple of hours.

I hope everyone has a great night doing what they love to do:goodvibes

bobbie, once you post in this thread, you are a homie for life.

Now some of our homies are still on extended vacations of about close to 2 years....
but most do drop back in on occasion to let us know they are doing fine.

I have a hard enough time trying to know where my "kids" are most of the time so don't give me heart failure and take off without a heads up.......lol

Woot! It's a travel day for Schumi. The rest of us homies are plotting and scheming for upcoming travel, with countdowns closer and further.

And, the storms are gone, the clouds are starting to break up, a most refreshing low 60's after it. Windows were wide open after the rain, and slept so well. 68 on the 6 am peak at the thermometer.

Well, you know what today is,
images
, yes ladies and gentlemen,
images
. So, upload_2018-7-18_6-47-42.jpeg. ::yes:: Yes, the work week is half over for those keeping track. Rainy week-end in store for us, but that's okay, Today, and the next 2 days, high of 87, and low humidity, full sun. :sunny: This is summer weather that is beaut ti full.

Tea for me, now. Hope all the homies have a wonderful Wednesday. And take a deep breath, Friday will be here before ya know it.

:coffee:

:rockband:

Good Morning!

Mac- I am embarrassed to say I went thru a period of getting into the wrong white car - I did it 3 times in the matter of a few weeks. It was broad daylight for me!

Waving Hi to Lynne, Agave, Bobbie, Monk, Charade; Patty, tink, Schumi and Robo.

I have an appointment at the beauty parlor after work. - I love saying beauty parlor, reminds me of my grammy.

Have a great day everyone!

Well it was touch and go yesterday on our flight back home. Our flight went from Raleigh and connected in BWI to Buffalo. The storms cancelled many flights! Thankfully, ours was just delayed. We made it home at 1:45 this morning! I'm just a little tired!! I was supposed to take vacation the rest of the week, but I didn't want to get real behind at work, so I'm here today!

Have a great Wednesday all!!

images

pattyw, did you sleep at all before you went to work today?

Hope you have an easy work day and get caught up with the work

You must be dedicated !

Or maybe it is donut day at work and all you can eat

That would be the reason for me to go to work after a short sleep prior

Boards being skittish for me this am, lost several posts mid stream grrr

So excited to find the first ripe tomato of the season yesterday in the garden!!! Ranks up there with Xmas, nothing like that taste. Made BLTs & fried zucchini, perfection! Today, well that’s still up in the air. No kiddo today, think i’ll Be a slug and float in pool until my afternoon driving duties roll ‘round.

Carole - hope u were high & dry when the bulk off storm hit yesterday

Mac - not sure it’s a good thing I 100% follow your reasoning on subway for dinner lol. I’ve opened door @ WM and thought someone swiped GD car seat. Took a good minute there to figure it out duh

Ckmiles - used to be a gal here years back who was a beautician. She took great offense to my using the term beauty shop. Couldn’t help it, was ingrained from childhood. Parlor sounds quite elegant, better than salon IMO. Funny what ruffles people’s feathers.

pattyw, did you sleep at all before you went to work today?

Hope you have an easy work day and get caught up with the work

You must be dedicated !

Or maybe it is donut day at work and all you can eat

That would be the reason for me to go to work after a short sleep prior

Got a few hours of sleep! No donuts here:sad1: Now that you mention them, will have to get a donut with my lunch from Tim Hortons(along with a large coffee, of course!)! With all the traveling this summer, just want to keep up at work! and make sure the bosses aren't spending too much $$!!:thumbsup2

So excited to find the first ripe tomato of the season yesterday in the garden!!! Ranks up there with Xmas, nothing like that taste. Made BLTs & fried zucchini, perfection! Today, well that’s still up in the air. No kiddo today, think i’ll Be a slug and float in pool until my afternoon driving duties roll ‘round.

Love homegrown tomatoes! Ours aren't looking great- but our zucchinis are abundant !! Enjoy the pool!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter