• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Singles who are for the "Love Of Disney"

Status
Not open for further replies.
44/F/VA I have a wonderful son who will be 26 in September and a Great Niece who lives with me intermittently who will be 9 in July.

I always dreamed of going to DW as a child and then for my sons 17th Birthday I surprised him with our first DW vacation and i have been hooked ever since. My family thinks I am crazy and when I say I am going on vacation I get "the look" and the "and I guess by that you mean DW, and they shake their head"

My son has inherited my love for Disney and I am working on the niece, she loves DW but doesnt love the rides excpet for Splash Mt and the kiddie rides. I was a very mean Auntie and Made her ride EE last year....long story.... This will be the first year since 2005 that I have not taken her with me to DW but I am giving her a break and desensitizing her to rides thru BG here in VA!

44/F/VA I have a wonderful son who will be 26 in September and a Great Niece who lives with me intermittently who will be 9 in July.

I always dreamed of going to DW as a child and then for my sons 17th Birthday I surprised him with our first DW vacation and i have been hooked ever since. My family thinks I am crazy and when I say I am going on vacation I get "the look" and the "and I guess by that you mean DW, and they shake their head"

My son has inherited my love for Disney and I am working on the niece, she loves DW but doesnt love the rides excpet for Splash Mt and the kiddie rides. I was a very mean Auntie and Made her ride EE last year....long story.... This will be the first year since 2005 that I have not taken her with me to DW but I am giving her a break and desensitizing her to rides thru BG here in VA!

Hi Angy, my son was 10 the last time he was at WDW. When he was younger he enjoyed Disney. We now spend our vacation together on Carnival cruises. He will be joining me for the December trip to Disney. I hope with that trip he will again get hooked on Disney.

Ok to introduce myself, I am Tracy, a 31 year old single mom of an amazingly beautiful 10 year old girl. I have never been married, and not looking to any time soon. I have a decent job, bought a house (all on my own) last year, and have a pure white cat named Princess Snow-snow. I broke my ankle at work in December, and am at the stage of the healing where I go to physical therapy to strengthen my leg, get my motion back in my ankle. I have a new found love of working out, and am looking forward to getting old body back! Being off your feet for three months does horrible things. ANYWAYS I am here to meet new people and make friends, and if anything beyond that happens, great!

Oh yeah, I joke around a lot, if ever I say something that sounds rude, or could be taken as just plain wrong, assume it is a joke. I don't have a mean spirited bone in my body.

Hi Angy, my son was 10 the last time he was at WDW. When he was younger he enjoyed Disney. We now spend our vacation together on Carnival cruises. He will be joining me for the December trip to Disney. I hope with that trip he will again get hooked on Disney.

Now Genesis ADORES WDW but I cannot get him to do a cruise at all.....

We havent set our dates for Dec yet but I know it will be before the 19tha s our APs run out that day and we normally wait to renew our passes again til we are ready to go the next time..... Tentatively it is looking like Dec 12th is our arrival date. I make him pay for his own airline ticket and food now so even if he had extra vacation time he still cant go as often as I want to go which is why I am so glad I did the solo thing the first of March and found out how much I loved it....

(oh and I havent forgotten dinner Friday night ...lol)

I forgot to write about my love for Disney! I love Disney. When I was young, my parents did not have much money and so we never got to go. When I was in High School, my band took a trip to WDW and my first experience with it was marching through it. I cannot describe the feelings I had of marching down Main Street. I was almost crying. It had always been a dream to go there, and it felt really surreal. Well, that visit was amazing. After that, life happened, had a child, went to college, got a job. My mom passed away in 2004, and my dad knew she had always dreamed of taking her grandchildren to WDW. He refuses to fly, and will not drive that far, so he asked me if I would take them for her. So, my first adult trip was with my Dd, and my nieces. It was amazing and I fell in love all over again. I am very excited about my first solo trip in May, and hoping to meet in person some of the wonderful people from the Dis while I am there, and enjoy a margarita or two! ;) It is a short trip, but there is so much I want to do!!! I am excited to see shows and parades, and eat whatever I want. This is a budget trip so POP's food court and the CS at Epcot's World Showcase will be all I need. I have a feeling I will love being at Disney alone. I like alone time!! LOL

I love everything about Disney; I love the smell, the rides, the CMs, the atmosphere of the entire place. It’s Magical! It’s hard to describe to someone what Disney is all about. I tell them you just have to be there to experience it. The first time I took my son to Disney, it was precious to see his face, especially when he first saw Mickey Mouse at MK and then the Ninja Turtles were performing at MGM. He thought that was awesome. I can’t wait until May when I meet some of the DisBoard friends I’ve made. The December trip is to celebrate my Dad’s 80th Birthday, he’s never been to Disney and I am so looking forward to seeing his face for the first time. I wonder if it will be like my son’s first time. Angy, we’re staying at SOG Dec 11-17, maybe we can get our sons together.

I love everything about Disney; I love the smell, the rides, the CMs, the atmosphere of the entire place. It’s Magical! It’s hard to describe to someone what Disney is all about. I tell them you just have to be there to experience it. The first time I took my son to Disney, it was precious to see his face, especially when he first saw Mickey Mouse at MK and then the Ninja Turtles were performing at MGM. He thought that was awesome. I can’t wait until May when I meet some of the DisBoard friends I’ve made. The December trip is to celebrate my Dad’s 80th Birthday, he’s never been to Disney and I am so looking forward to seeing his face for the first time. I wonder if it will be like my son’s first time. Angy, we’re staying at SOG Dec 11-17, maybe we can get our sons together.

YAY Teresa!!! I am not certain yet where we are staying , it will depend on flight costs at the time plus how many other times I have been to WDW between now and then...lol..I know i am going in May for "our" meet, then June 19-23rd for star wars weekend, then again Halloween weekend and again in December. I am thinking a solo over Labor Day weekend as well

With all these threads it is going to start getting confusing!

:welcome: :welcome:

Hey Augie, you found it. :yay: I didn't mean to make it confusing. Just thought it would be nice to start a new thread. Eventually the other one will disappear when the posts count gets to big.

How's your day?

YAY Teresa!!! I am not certain yet where we are staying , it will depend on flight costs at the time plus how many other times I have been to WDW between now and then...lol..I know i am going in May for "our" meet, then June 19-23rd for star wars weekend, then again Halloween weekend and again in December. I am thinking a solo over Labor Day weekend as well

You just can't get enough of WDW :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

When our we going to fine time to fit in the Busch Gardens and NC trips together?

You just can't get enough of WDW :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

When our we going to fine time to fit in the Busch Gardens and NC trips together?

mmmm BG any day you want it as long as I am in town and I have already forgotten the dates on the Charlotte thing....u will have to send me an email and I will put it in my day planner...heheh I had to laugh when I read Uncle Pauls answer to the 3 things you cant live without question as mine would have been
1~God
2~Family
3~ MY DAY PLANNER!!!! which is sometimes referred to as "my brain"

46 F living in MA. First WDW trip was 1971. Now DVC owner @B'walk. Dyed in the wool WDW fan. Also now full-time grad student (in addition to working full-time) so I'm not around often lately... Looking forward to summer, and to graduating next year! Currently signed up for next January's half marathon @WDW and hopefully a trip in Oct too.

46 F living in MA. First WDW trip was 1971. Now DVC owner @B'walk. Dyed in the wool WDW fan. Also now full-time grad student (in addition to working full-time) so I'm not around often lately... Looking forward to summer, and to graduating next year! Currently signed up for next January's half marathon @WDW and hopefully a trip in Oct too.

Hows school going CG??? OMG! I cant believe where we are already... never was sure I would get this far at part of the time.

Hey Everyone!! :goodvibes

:hug:

I wanted to come over and show some disney love

I will introduce myself.

I am a 28 and a single mom of a soon to be double digit daughter :scared1: I work 2 jobs and in college part time.

I found my love of disney in late 2005 and life has never been the same since.

I hope to move to a warmer location after I earn my degree in the next few years.

Wow, three pages already. . .

I am Darcy, a 47 year old female with a 15 year old son who shares my Disney addiction. Grew up in Southern California and spent most of my life there (up until the last 7 months). I have owned an annual pass to DLR for more than 20 years and go to DLR A LOT. I just started going to WDW in August and Loved it. I am going in May with the May friends, and in August with my son and one of his friends and probably again in December on another solo trip. Since I was planning so many trips to the World this year I decided to become an annual passholder.

Now I have both. . .how awesome is that. . .

mmmm BG any day you want it as long as I am in town and I have already forgotten the dates on the Charlotte thing....u will have to send me an email and I will put it in my day planner...heheh I had to laugh when I read Uncle Pauls answer to the 3 things you cant live without question as mine would have been
1~God
2~Family
3~ MY DAY PLANNER!!!! which is sometimes referred to as "my brain"

Oh a "Day Planner" yes that would come in very handy with my schedule. I'll email you the dates for NC and then we can decide if what we should do.

Who decorates their resort room, especially the windows? With what or how do you decorate? :woohoo:

I haven't decorated in the past.This year a friend of mind gave me some Mickey Mouse window decals which I plan to display in my window at POP.

Another thing that I was thinking about is to hang poster board on my door inviting people to write any comments they like about their stay at POP or/and WDW. Short comments of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter