SDV Orlando August 27 -30 2009

Normally the first breakfast is a 7 or 7:30 am. It is when the restaurant opens. The character interactions are so good though because at first the place is almost empty. I think each character visited 3-4 times last year.

Rebecca

Sounds like a great time! I love character photo ops!

Well, calling dining was crazy bad and a complete bust. I will try again in 2 days.
I do not like the new calling queue. Just so ya know.

I called for DH and my resort reservation for my birthday and was told they're updating the ADR software so the resort reservation CM couldn't help at all with ADRs, which is new to me. I can't make our ADRs for a couple more weeks but hopefully it won't be a horrible experience. Good luck and thanks for putting in the phone time for our group!!

Not sure where everyone else is staying (probably Contemporary?)
I'll be at the mercy of the boat & monorail to get to the character breakfast.
Looks like I'll be late if the ressie is for 7a. That's when the first boat
is scheduled to leave VWL for the Contemporary.

I'm getting excited about the SDV!!! party:

Marylee pixiedust:

Hi Ladies!! :wave2:

I'm going down this year as well! I met many of you last year - I sit with the Groovy chicks from the SDV board. My SDV board name is Mickey17. I can't wait to get there! I'm in need of a roomie if anyone needs one? I am staying Wednesday to Sunday (actually I am coming in on the 12th with my family and spending 2 weeks at the Contemporary for vacation and the family is leaving on the 26th - let the scrappin' begin!!)
I would love to do breakfast again this year with you guys if the reservations haven't been made yet?
I'm up for anything with the shirt also - I love mine from last year and still wear it all the time!

Not sure where everyone else is staying (probably Contemporary?)
I'll be at the mercy of the boat & monorail to get to the character breakfast.
Looks like I'll be late if the ressie is for 7a. That's when the first boat
is scheduled to leave VWL for the Contemporary.

I'm getting excited about the SDV!!! party:

Marylee pixiedust:

I will have a car and can pick you up. We may actually all need to use cars as the monorail doesn't always run that early.

Rebecca

I will have a car and can pick you up. We may actually all need to use cars as the monorail doesn't always run that early.

Rebecca

We need to look into this. Not all will have cars.

I believe that the resort monorail begins running at 7 a.m.

I'm really looking forward to my first SDV, meeting you fun people, and the breakfast, too!

Hi Ladies!! :wave2:

I'm going down this year as well! I met many of you last year - I sit with the Groovy chicks from the SDV board. My SDV board name is Mickey17. I can't wait to get there! I'm in need of a roomie if anyone needs one? I am staying Wednesday to Sunday (actually I am coming in on the 12th with my family and spending 2 weeks at the Contemporary for vacation and the family is leaving on the 26th - let the scrappin' begin!!)
I would love to do breakfast again this year with you guys if the reservations haven't been made yet?
I'm up for anything with the shirt also - I love mine from last year and still wear it all the time!

Hey Renee!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, I making the ressies this morning so I will add you in!

Haven't decided on shirts yet though, I'll keep you posted.

Oh My Freakin God!!!!

They would not let me book!!!!! They can't find my Poly reservation, schmucks!!!
I'm not giving up though, I will keep trying!

I believe that the resort monorail begins running at 7 a.m.

I'm really looking forward to my first SDV, meeting you fun people, and the breakfast, too!

It is supposed to but it depends on the day sometimes- I have been on early morning tours that were held up until the first monorail arrived at 7:25 AM.

Rebecca

still getting nowhere with 1900, we are not even in their system yet and may not be until July. I have an email out to Nancy to see if there is any way Disney can generate a number for me.

Thanks for all your hard work BAMB!

I won't have a car either. DH is driving me over Friday morning and dropping me off so we don't have two cars in Disney when he drives over Sunday afternoon. He's so great :lovestruc

We should be able to get general reservations at 90 days out from the day- is that Sunday or Monday. I can call on Monday while I am in the car riding to Disney if you want me too- I can just call you and let you know the time and stuff once I have the reservation.

Rebecca

We should be able to get general reservations at 90 days out from the day- is that Sunday or Monday. I can call on Monday while I am in the car riding to Disney if you want me too- I can just call you and let you know the time and stuff once I have the reservation.

Rebecca

5/31, Sunday is the general date. I should be able to make a ressie like I would if I were staying off site right? Why do they need my reservation number. Although they just overhauled their entire reservation system and it's horrible! Very little flexibility.

I'll try again on Sunday but if I can't get through I will let you know. It's party of 10, earliest seating unless we want something later like 8 or 8:30.

Yes at 90 days you don't even have to mention we are staying on site. I would just say we are with a convention in Orlando and leave it at that. They don't need to know it is at the contemporary or they will be looking for reservation numbers.

There new system was crazy when i was booking dining for our trip- 1 of the meals (dine with an imagineer) didn't even show up in the system until about 56 days before the trip- I just periodically called and asked until I could get it.

Rebecca

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca! Thanks for the offer! We'll see how it all plays out.
If there's a cancellation at CR, my ressie may be changed to there from VWL.

I just got a new ressie # due to changing dates. Buffy, if I can help out with the b-fast ressie process (having a #) let me know!

Marylee pixiedust:

Breakfast is at 8:05 am!!!
I just booked it as though we are staying off site. I'm not sure if we need to ressie number to get into the resort gates if we drive so I will PM the ressie number in a bit.

That's great, Buffy! :banana:
Thank you for doing the b-fast reservation for us!

You're awesome! :dance3:

Marylee pixiedust:

Are there any dietary needs or allergies I need to know about?

OK so if tax is 7% and gratuity is 20% (parties over 6 get automatic gratuity) the cost per person is $26.24.

Can someone check my math please?

Do you want to bring your own money or mail it to me before hand??

Oh and although characters are subject to change, allears is noting them as Mary Poppins, Alice, and Mad Hatter.

menu:
Breads and Pastries - assorted sliced breads, croissants, English muffins, bagels, pecan sticky bun, strawberry and apple turnovers, cheese danish, apple, granola and blueberry muffins, cream cheese, strawberry jam and grape jelly

Cold Buffet - flavored yogurts, fresh fruits, cottage cheese, ambrosia, stewed plums, chilled strawberry soup, assortment of cereals, house-made granola, Edy's Soft Serve ice cream with an array of toppings, Peaches, pears, applesauce, Jello-O, Rice Krispie Treats

Hot Buffet - Chef's preparation of custom eggs and build your own omelets, bacon, sausage links, scrambled eggs, cheese blintz, strawberry melba, apple cobbler, peach and white chocolate bread pudding with vanilla sauce, blueberry pancakes, corned beef hash, Spanish scramble, mini pancakes, Mickey waffles, fresh Challah bread French toast, country-style biscuits and gravy, grits, oatmeal and shredded triangle potato

Thanks for getting it all together- I am better off just bringing my money and giving it to you- I would say that getting it all together on Friday so we have it on Saturday before we go is easier- then we just have 1 person who needs to pay. I don't really care who gets the money- just that we all have it together before breakfast.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter