SDV Orlando, 2011, Aug 26-28th

My vote doesn't count :rotfl: but I like it.

Why wouldn't it count? everyone is open to share their viewpoint.:goodvibes

look at this, we could add everyone's name

wordlesdv3.jpg

Loved this, and I love the mecllaps suggestion of making the o in orlando into a hidden mickey, and based on that idea, Buffy, can you use the two end o's from orlando as the ears, and put the remaining letters rland somehow into a circle to make the head? Second thought, I know previously we thought perhaps we would drop the year so should we wish we could wear the shirt more than one year. I know from this design it would be easy for those who wanted the year there to keep it, and those who didn't want the year could take it off.

I do like the black shirt with red trim, that would be nice with the jumbled lettering in red.

Wow, only ten days since last post, and I'm having withdrawal from no SDV news. Obviously, tho, there's no way for this to be a really active thread for a year until Aug 2011.

I'm doing a "quick and dirty" scrapbook about my trip, which included some park days after the SDV -- not showing much of any new terchniques or fancy details that I observed there.

Two, pretty simple spreads:
SDVscrappage1.jpg

Probably needs some captioning

SDVscrappage2.jpg

So I did some journaling on this one, and now need to go back and fix the grammatical error (rats!).

(And the thread to my little report about the event:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2551206 )

Don't we all look like we were getting LOTS done!!

Melissa, do you remember who did the SDV embellishment? It was great for your layout. :)

That would be me (the SDV thing) -- got home with a couple extras -- hope I didn't miss anyone when I handed them out (since we were kind of spread out and not everyone was around at the same time, I may have missed a couple of people, or maybe I just made extras) -- hope you got one.

Ok so I just went over all the old threads with my new Hubby and he said "if you want to go just stop bugging me and do it...."
SWEET I'm in Ladies!!!:cool1::thumbsup2:banana:
I want to do the whole package like from Thursday to whenever....Which package would that be?

Yay - it will be great to have new people join in! SDV used to be Thursday - Sunday; this year and next year it's Friday - Sunday. If you arrive Thursday you can get your registration packet and set-up Thursday night. I think they call it the "early bird" package.

Hey - Jennifer! Haven't forgotten, but I DO need to email you the photos from Ohana of you with your birthday cupcake! Will try to get to that...sorry for the delay -

Pam

I was thinking about comming in for the week. I know I will want to go into the park an when I start scrapping I can't stop!LOL and do we HAVE to stay at the host hotel cause I kinda want to stay somewhere other than the Contemporary maybe someplace cheaper... Or if anyone wants to room with me that would be cool as well. I'm 31,I don't snore at all, and I really don't do my hair or make-up much so I don't need long bathroom time :-)

I was thinking about comming in for the week. I know I will want to go into the park an when I start scrapping I can't stop!LOL and do we HAVE to stay at the host hotel cause I kinda want to stay somewhere other than the Contemporary maybe someplace cheaper... Or if anyone wants to room with me that would be cool as well. I'm 31,I don't snore at all, and I really don't do my hair or make-up much so I don't need long bathroom time :-)

If the packages are set up the same, you can stay elsewhere (am sure that will continue) and get a "local" package for whatever days you want. I stayed at BLT adjacent to the Contemporary, so it was still handy, with the local package. It could be awkward to get back and forth to somewhere else and have to haul some of your stuff each time. Things seemed safe in the rooms, but they weren't monitoring people coming in and out, so I took some of the little stuff that I didn't want to have "walk off" back to the room with me; some people left all kinds of stuff in their spaces, tho. (Of course, that hotel is a pretty protected environment anyway; no one's wandering in with the idea of "hitting up" a scrapbooking convention).

It's really handy, and awesome, to be onsite for many reasons -- late and early hours, taking breaks for a while, etc. Saturday night, people were working and playing past midnight in their "jammies." Some people do look for roomies, so maybe you'll find someone to share with and be able to stay at the Contemporary for the SDV and then stay somewhere else fro longer park days.

I looked into staying elsewhere and really with the price of a local package I didn't feel I could get a room for less than I would be paying for the combination of the room and the local package (unless I was doing it single and then I had a chance if I went with a value resort or something off Disney). I want to go next year and will need a roommate to go.

This year- if you stayed with a roommate for the Early Bird Weekend (Thurs-Sun leaving) it cost $512. The local 3 day package (same amount of scrapping time) is $257 so the room for 3 nights is only $255 per person. Even if I had used my DVC points for a stay at BLT it would have cost me more to stay than $255. Now if you add both roommates $255 together for the $510 for the 3 nights you can get some rooms on property for $170 per night but nothing much anywhere near DVC which means you need to be able to drive back and forth. With a roommate each of you is paying $85/night at the Contemporary for last years package.

Rebecca

Hey my fellow swap sista lemme know as soon as you know for sure your gonna go and we will talk :-)

Hey - Jennifer! Haven't forgotten, but I DO need to email you the photos from Ohana of you with your birthday cupcake! Will try to get to that...sorry for the delay -

Pam

Thanks Pam - I'm looking forward to seeing that one :goodvibes

look at this, we could add everyone's name

wordlesdv3.jpg

OMG I LOVE THIS!!!!:banana:
I would love to help design the pennets or a gift for everyone of some sort. I like lime green Those are kawasaki colors and Im a Yamaha/KTM girl but I wont have my bikes in Florida so no-one will know:rolleyes1:thumbsup2
Does anyone like Lime Green and Bright Pink I know Buffy sAID NO pink but it was just a thought. Black pink and green are great colors and would be sick for Scrap Pirates!!!pirate:

First of all, congratulations, Surina, on your recent nuptuals. :goodvibes

Jennifer, (J&J) offered to work on doing table pendants. I think she had an idea in mind. Jen?

We've done the Mickey palette several years now because it really is nice, however I think we are open to anything at this point for next year. I personally would prefer no date on mine that way it can be used another year. Call me frugal. :rolleyes1

Jennifer, (J&J) offered to work on doing table pendants. I think she had an idea in mind. Jen?

We've done the Mickey palette several years now because it really is nice, however I think we are open to anything at this point for next year. I personally would prefer no date on mine that way it can be used another year. Call me frugal. :rolleyes1

I've been working on different designs for pennants, but honestly, I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to finish them and post them to see what y'all think. I'm going to the Food & Wine Festival this weekend, but maybe the following weekend I can work on it. I don't know if I can commit to making 20+ pennants, but maybe others with SCAL can help me cut them?

I agree, no date, and you can call me frugal anytime, because I totally am ::yes::

gosh, I wouldn't expect Jen to make all of them -- seems like it might be good to have a basic design so that everyone could make their own (?). Maybe a few table markers/flags/pennants with "DISboards DIVAS" and then everyone could make an individual coordinating nametag sign? (but, you can ignore me, I probably won't be able to come in 2011 -- hopefully 2012).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter