SDV Orlando 2010, August 27 - 29

BTW-- we also learned that this ballroom, one of the original at the resort was used by Richard Nixon when he gave his "I'm not a crook" speech. Right there on the far right is the stage he did that on. just thought you should know. :teacher:

I did not know that interesting bit of trivia. Thanks for letting us know.

Did you do that layout in the pics? That is gorgeous. :thumbsup2

Safe travels, Pam.

Thanks for the pictures and reports, ladies! I don't know if I'll ever make it to SDV, but I definitely love living vicariously through all of you and hearing all your stories. Looks like so much fun! Sorry you had your share of misfortunes this week too though. Pixie dust to all that need it! :wizard:

A few more.... (from somewhere in Indiana.....)

a quick trip to Mousememories.com store......

100_0621.jpg

Breakfast with the SDV girls....

100_0673.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0693.jpg

more later....

Pam, thanks for all the great pictures. I did not take many pictures, so it is great to see others.

Loved meeting everyone! I promised I would not be so much of a lurker since I have meet everyone face to face. :lmao:

Thanks to everyone for the cool gifts. I am definately on that for next year. Just did not have the time with having to move.

Marylee - Thanks so much for the crackers. DDs first day of school yesterday, so that is what her and ds had on the way to school for breakfast. :eek: I know, please don't judge. :lmao: I just need to get this school schedule down. So again, thanks for those.

J&J, I will bring the tissue next year! ;)

This was my first time going to SDV and I had a fabulous time!!!! Loved it and can't wait to go back next year. I stayed over Sunday night and had a wonderful morning at AK on Monday where I got to have my picture taken with Thumper!!!! I was so excited as I've never seen Thumper before. That was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend!

Our session with "the photographer" was definitely interesting and the photos were hilarious as they show that we don't follow directions well. It's a good thing we are doing our own group photo next year as he will run when he sees us coming!:rotfl:

I didn't take many photos, but here are the few I have:

This is the room we were in before anyone set up:
SDV082.jpg

This is the other room:
SDV081.jpg

These 2 photos are our room (the table that me, Jen, Diana, Lisa, MomE, and MomK was at is the one with the pink Mickey balloon. You can see MomE, Lisa, and Diana in the pink shirts)
SDV061.jpg

SDV060.jpg

This is me and Buffy at Chef Mickey's on Thursday night. She, MomK, Jen, and I had dinner there.
SDV080.jpg

This is me and Nikki at Ohana's Saturday morning:
SDV058.jpg

These 2 photos are Jen and Renee doing the Macarena late Saturday night!
SDV066.jpg

SDV064.jpg

Stephanie - you have to e-mail me those Macarena pictures! Too funny!

Nicki - I accidentally deleted the picture of you and Gwen at your table and I know I took one with your camera, too, if you could please e-mail me that picture I'd appreciate it (PM me if you don't have my e-mail address).

Here are some pictures I took . . .

The digital sign for SDV:
ry%3D400

Table 9 - clockwise from bottom left - MomE, Lisa, Diana, MomK, Stephanie, me (Jen):
ry%3D400

Table 10 - Ann and Marylee:
ry%3D400

I lost the picture of Nicki and Gwen at Table 10 - DOH!

Table 2 - Melissa and Buffy hard at work (you can see the back of Rene's head at Table 1 behind them ;)):
ry%3D400

Me and my birthday balloon, from my roommate, Stephanie :goodvibes
ry%3D400

And a few more pictures . . .

Stephanie won a door prize!
ry%3D400

Dancing to the YMCA:
ry%3D400

Breakfast Saturday at Ohana's:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

MomE and my birthday cupcakes at Ohana's:
ry%3D400

We had birthday girls at SDV?!! Wonder who they were, MomE and Jennifer!!!! :rolleyes1

Could somebody point me to the photo of the table gifts/favors? Or post one if there isn't one please? I'm hunting ideas!

Y'know it's so funny I didn't even take a picture of my favors! I have a couple leftover so I'll have to do that.

I'm going to scan in the group photos this weekend so I'll get them posted, since I never got my jpeg files that dumb photographer was supposed to send me :sad2:

I did take a picture of the favors, I will have to find some time to post. It was my picture of the day! :thumbsup2 With all the moving and unpacking I will try and do it in the next few days. If I forget remind me! ;)

Jen, I still have not unpacked and your favor was still in my suitcase. I left the suitcase open today when I went to bring dd to preschool. Came back and something must have smelled good because my dog tore it apart! :scared1: I was ready to shoot him! :eek: Fresh dog!

Buffy, I just uploaded a couple of photos to Photobucket with no problems. Maybe it was just last night.

Here are the table gifts I made and gave out:
SDV076.jpg

SDV077.jpg

The Ghiradelli chocolates really are a little to thick for these, but it worked. My original plan was to use the character chocolate coins you can get at the parks, but I decided I wanted them finished before I left home rather than finishing them up while at WDW. I put a dab of adhesive on the back of the chocolate wrapper so make sure it didn't fall out of the card.

We're back! (Yea and boo...)

Had a great time at the Ohana breakfast with everyone - so fun! (Yup, Lisa, I'm STILL lovin' my new Mickey seatbelt purse! In the parks and on the cruise, never saw anyone else with one...)

Sorry to hear that so much crappy stuff went on that we missed - hope things are improving for everyone. Will take some time over the long weekend to go through breakfast photos and email/PM them to folks. Thanks so much for the great gifts, Stephanie and Jennifer...I want - ok, NEED (!) directions for that exploding box, Jennifer!

Our little cast member is doing VERY well - she got an incredibly great park assignment and is settling in nicely.

Pam

Good morning Ladies,

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting all of you at my 1st WDW SDV. Despite the fact that my Dad passed away, being with such wonderful caring people made it all a little easier to try and have a good time. I really appreciated all of your support and thoughtfulness. You were all so very kind and I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I also wanted to thank you all for the beautiful gifts! You Ladies are incredibly talented! I am definitely going to have to step up my game for next years SDV. Thanks again for everything!

Buffy, how is your daughter doing? I hope she is okay. Patty

(Yup, Lisa, I'm STILL lovin' my new Mickey seatbelt purse! In the parks and on the cruise, never saw anyone else with one...)

Our little cast member is doing VERY well - she got an incredibly great park assignment and is settling in nicely.

Pam

Pam, I think I am going to break down and get one when I am there in February. I LOVE that purse. Of course no one else has one, you are a trend setter!!

So happy to hear ZtH is settling nicely. Though I think we need to go down to check. ;)

Patty, continued PD for your lost. I am so sorry.:hug:

Good morning Ladies,

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting all of you at my 1st WDW SDV. Despite the fact that my Dad passed away, being with such wonderful caring people made it all a little easier to try and have a good time. I really appreciated all of your support and thoughtfulness. You were all so very kind and I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I also wanted to thank you all for the beautiful gifts! You Ladies are incredibly talented! I am definitely going to have to step up my game for next years SDV. Thanks again for everything!

Buffy, how is your daughter doing? I hope she is okay. Patty

Hi Patty! DD is doing well, learning to function with a cast on.

How is your family doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter