SDV Orlando 2010, August 27 - 29

Jen, I still have not unpacked and your favor was still in my suitcase. I left the suitcase open today when I went to bring dd to preschool. Came back and something must have smelled good because my dog tore it apart! :scared1: I was ready to shoot him! :eek: Fresh dog!

Bad doggy! :mad:

Thanks so much for the great gifts, Stephanie and Jennifer...I want - ok, NEED (!) directions for that exploding box, Jennifer!

Our little cast member is doing VERY well - she got an incredibly great park assignment and is settling in nicely.

Pam

Great update on ZTH! Thanks about the box. Do you have SCAL? Honestly, like I told Lisa, once you get it cut on SCAL the worst and hardest part is the folding. There is a specific order to fold them or else they don't work. Then the bottoms are a little complicated :goodvibes

Good morning Ladies,

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting all of you at my 1st WDW SDV. Despite the fact that my Dad passed away, being with such wonderful caring people made it all a little easier to try and have a good time. I really appreciated all of your support and thoughtfulness. You were all so very kind and I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I also wanted to thank you all for the beautiful gifts! You Ladies are incredibly talented! I am definitely going to have to step up my game for next years SDV. Thanks again for everything!

Buffy, how is your daughter doing? I hope she is okay. Patty

Patty, I was so sorry to hear about your father. You have my deepest sympathy.

I really need to unpack my stuff and clear out my craft room this weekend. While everyone else, including my DH, will be enjoying a nice 3-day weekend I'll be at work because I work for a medical non-profit and we never close. Oh well.

We're back! (Yea and boo...)

Had a great time at the Ohana breakfast with everyone - so fun! (Yup, Lisa, I'm STILL lovin' my new Mickey seatbelt purse! In the parks and on the cruise, never saw anyone else with one...)

Pam

Pam

It must be a Pam thing, I have this purse too (in the large size) and get stopped everywhere with people asking where I got it. LOVE IT!!! Glad you had a great trip!

Pam

SDVOhana.jpg

SDVOhana2.jpg

DD,
Which I will take down later. She's high as a kite in this picture! LOL

Glad she is doing well. Great group Pics!!!

Pam

Great group shot, but Diana, we can barely see you, as tiny as you are you should have been in front.

My little space, with favors -- thank you, thank you!
favorsatmyspace.jpg

Just got back today -- have a few more photos to post (testing with this one -- there seem to be some photobucket issues happening).

Melissa

Buffy (thank you for adopting me and sitting with me):
Buffy.jpg

Jen -- thank you for taking care of the photo thing -- they got here before I did, and turned out great (except for having a few of us missing) -- Jen's table plus 2:
jenstableplus2.jpg

KathyandPrincesspillow.jpg

Hardatwork.jpg

Pam

It must be a Pam thing, I have this purse too (in the large size) and get stopped everywhere with people asking where I got it. LOVE IT!!! Glad you had a great trip!

Pam

That is SO funny! Must be genetic wiring with them calling to us! (We'll have to let Lisa into the "Pam Group," though, since she does love this purse too!) :lmao:

Did you get yours at TrendD at DTD too? That's the only place I've seen them and they don't even appear to be available online. I had my extra 20% premium annual pass discount, so I didn't even break stride making my way to the cash register! I, too, had a bazillion folks (including lots of cast members) asking where I got it, since they hadn't ever seen it.

If anyone wants to see what we're yakking about, here's a view:

http://www.amazon.com/Harveys-Disney-Couture-Seat-Boxy/dp/B000VLGTHQ

That is SO funny! Must be genetic wiring with them calling to us! (We'll have to let Lisa into the "Pam Group," though, since she does love this purse too!) :lmao:

Did you get yours at TrendD at DTD too? That's the only place I've seen them and they don't even appear to be available online. I had my extra 20% premium annual pass discount, so I didn't even break stride making my way to the cash register! I, too, had a bazillion folks (including lots of cast members) asking where I got it, since they hadn't ever seen it.

I LOVE that purse! I'm leaning toward a D&B while on the cruise. Did you see those? What do you think of them?

I LOVE that purse! I'm leaning toward a D&B while on the cruise. Did you see those? What do you think of them?

The D&B ones are VERY nice - and the ship is full of the cute Cruise design ones (they didn't have the "regular" ones onboard, but they are in many of the park shops.)

I was lucky, I got to try out calanniebu's D&B Disney (medium) purse before leaving. Although I loved it, the shoulder strap didn't work well for me, so I didn't feel bad about skipping one. But, at the parks, we all LOVED the D&B wallet - but at $175....:rolleyes1, we'll wait a bit on this for more generous CM or other discounts.

I really love the Harvey bag - it fits me very well and is kinda off-beat in a "me" sort of way...:lovestruc

I want a cruise one, but it will all depend on what else I buy on board. I would like some new charms for my bracelet, so we'll see ;)

I do love the look of that Harvey one!

FYI, Jen: There is a good amount of jewelry on board the Wonder, but surprisingly, not very much/any good "Disney" stuff. I took a quick look around the two shops (I'm sorta in the VERY early stages of Disney gold charm bracelet/charm market research!) and don't recall seeing any charms (even the chamilla, etc, types). Maybe someone else online checked this out more thoroughly than I did, or maybe the stock varies cruise to cruise...? I don't even think there were "kid jewelry" charms, like there were all over the parks and resort shops. We got DD13 a bunch of those for her b-day - cute!

FYI, Jen: There is a good amount of jewelry on board the Wonder, but surprisingly, not very much/any good "Disney" stuff. I took a quick look around the two shops (I'm sorta in the VERY early stages of Disney gold charm bracelet/charm market research!) and don't recall seeing any charms (even the chamilla, etc, types). Maybe someone else online checked this out more thoroughly than I did, or maybe the stock varies cruise to cruise...? I don't even think there were "kid jewelry" charms, like there were all over the parks and resort shops. We got DD13 a bunch of those for her b-day - cute!

Good to know, I have a Chamilia that DH bought me for VD this year, along with a Pooh charm. We'll be on the Magic, I wonder if they have different stuff?

I Love the Harvey's line. (DH restores 50's cars so it fits in great!) I got mine at TrendD in Early May. They hold up nicely, and clean great!! I hadn't seen the Mickey one before either. Mine has a red Mickey Head interior. I just LOVE it!!! (and the P-AP discount doesn't hurt either!!! ;) )

Welcome to the group Lisa!!!

Wow - if we're ever able to get together again as DIS scrappy divas, I'd love to see the interior of your bag. Mine inside is a pretty silver/grey with a large navy Mickey silhouette. (DD13, our intrepid Hidden Mickey hunter, was thrilled to find this!) Love the inside organizer pockets, too - makes it easy to get at important things...

Hey, pjilla (our other scrappy DIS Pam) - we've got to drag you into this "Pam Posse" gang too! :rotfl2:

You guys are killing me.....I want that bag!!!

O.K. I finally got the pictures scanned in and cleaned up - if you saw the original you know that 1/2 of Pam's head and some of Lisa's hair were missing. Our "photographer" did such a wonderful job Photoshopping out the ballroom name :rolleyes:

Here is our "professional model" shot:

ry%3D400

And our "not-so-professional" but definitely more fun shot:

ry%3D400

I was so impressed by Nicki and Rene holding that pose while all heck was breaking loose on the end!

Thanks everyone for posting the pictures! I didn't have my camera since the family was touring the parks with it! That was such a great weekend and I can't beleive it is already over! Now we have to wait a whole year to go again.

That group photo was crazy!!!!!! I can't wait until we do our own next year - I bet it will come out so much better. I can't beleive out photographer was a professional!

Jennifer and I were rocking that Macarena!!!! :banana:

Patty, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad :hug: My thoughts are with your family at this time.

The favors were incredible that everyone made! I felt bad for not doing any, but it was tough where we left to head down for vacation on the 11th.

Breakfast was a blast! The food was really good and I love how the group picture with Pluto came out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter