Rumors and News Writers Strike?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Is there solidarity going on here?

Just seems really quiet, although so does WDW for any updates I guess.

Well and then I read about the Dis issues cripes.

I think the studios are prepared to wait and wait and let the writers really start to hurt financially before they get back to the table. I personally think they will use this event to cancel many projects that the current executives think will lose money in the future.

Nvm. I misread what you meant and thought you were talking about the writers strike going on.

Last edited:
Nvm. I misread what you meant and thought you were talking about the writers strike going on.

Ha yea not super clear sorry. I meant nobody is writing on here either much lately.

Going to BWV this weekend, just trying to get a few doses of WDW ahead of time.

Ha yea not super clear sorry. I meant nobody is writing on here either much lately.

Going to BWV this weekend, just trying to get a few doses of WDW ahead of time.
Ohhh it’s okay! It was my fault for just speed reading and skimming haha

I hope you have a great trip and enjoy yourself!

I think the studios are prepared to wait and wait and let the writers really start to hurt financially before they get back to the table. I personally think they will use this event to cancel many projects that the current executives think will lose money in the future.
That’s just plain evil! We should all just break into the studios' film lots and create a revolution!

That’s just plain evil! We should all just break into the studios' film lots and create a revolution!

Yea what a follow up to the covid shut downs. What an unknown future.

You ever been in a union negotiation? I have, and it is very common for both sides to be trying their level best to get what they want. If the other side has a "must have" that you simply cannot agree to, you say no........until they are willing to compromise. Not pretty and sometimes not any fun for those involved, but pretty much how these things go. I personally think the studios have way more leverage in this particular situation.

I feel like back in the day the rumor mill was busier because there were so many projects announced or rumored, but now there's just....nothing really (in the US at least). Pretty hard to get excited about a water fountain and fake plants at EPCOT, or.....uh....the *checks notes* nope that project was cancelled, .....uhhh some shops changing location at Disney Springs?

One of the biggest and new issue is the growing AI product. Writers and actors skills getting taken out of movies and shows.

This is a true concern since studios are RIGHT NOW thinking of how to use this technology during the strike.

The strike is pretty well-funded, so it may be a long time before it ends. The studios plan to wait it out as long as possible, and I'm sure they'll compromise on some sort of deal in a few months.

One of the biggest and new issue is the growing AI product. Writers and actors skills getting taken out of movies and shows.

This is a true concern since studios are RIGHT NOW thinking of how to use this technology during the strike.

Unfortunately Disney/Marvel is front and center on the controversy, with extras from WandaVision coming forward saying their likeness' was scanned potentially without permission ...

Marvel's AI Cast Scan

I believe AI is a big issue for the writers and I also believe the number of writers the guild is wanting to mandate on projects is an issue for the studios. These seem to be the issues that both sides are dug in on.

Got money on AI or automation being used to replace strike vulnerable workforces as much as possible.
This will be especially useful in the future as studios own the IP not the writers or actors. CGI already makes up a huge part of budget so going all in to remove the human element as much as possible makes financial sense.
I personally do not care what happens to striking workers or the companies that use them. It's their own deal with the devil to sort out. I only miss the end result.

They have called meetings set for this coming Monday- Personally, I dont think it goes on for much longer-- too many people are losing money-

Unfortunately this is very complicated in every way possible, things have changed so drastically and there needs to be solid plans going forward on how to handle. If they aren't talking extensively then I don't see resolution any time soon.

An interesting perspective.
Yep, they got first world problems that probably 7.9 billion people would love to have. My empathy and compassion are limited to people with real problems. CMs and other ancillary workers from the strikers feel more of a hit in real life and I hope they are ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter