Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

One comment on both resorts...and probably for resorts across property and the rest of the world... I really wish they would put a minimum age on the spa/hot tub.... ..even though it would be hard to enforce...I would have loved to dip my aching body into one of them with a beverage after a long park day but there were usually multiple kids floating around in there...I felt like being the grumpy old man and saying "the water slide is that way, kid!".
Yep I am turning into my dad.
I agree. It always confuses me because I don't generally see kids in hot tubs except at Disney. Most hotels and resorts that we stay at (outside of Disney World) have signage posted that you must be 18. I wonder if it's a state or local law some places and not others. Even my neighborhood pool prohibits children under 18 from being in the hot tub or on the deck of the hot tub area. It is strictly enforced by the lifeguards.

Most hotels and resorts that we stay at (outside of Disney World) have signage posted that you must be 18. I wonder if it's a state or local law some places and not others.
I think it's just enforcement. In order to have a minimum age means having a CM whose only job it is to make sure everyone is of age.

I agree. It always confuses me because I don't generally see kids in hot tubs except at Disney. Most hotels and resorts that we stay at (outside of Disney World) have signage posted that you must be 18. I wonder if it's a state or local law some places and not others. Even my neighborhood pool prohibits children under 18 from being in the hot tub or on the deck of the hot tub area. It is strictly enforced by the lifeguards.
Well per Disney, 10 year olds are adults

Certainly, it's the longest it's ever taken to construct a corn dog stand!
Better be good if that is even possible for a corn dog …probably taste like dole whip and turkey leg

Some Construction Updates:

So I saw a current guest at BW post on FB that scaffolding on the building closest to the conference center has started to be removed from the exterior.

They also posted this picture below, showing construction that has just begun. It is located in the hallway that stretches from the elevators, walking past the gym and out to the pool, on the lower level. They were not sure what was being worked on. Someone said painting of the gym, another said they saw wallpaper replacement.

1715077955048.png

Last edited:
View attachment 857607

Awnings now installed on the “world’s most anticipated corn dog stand in the history of civilization” :rotfl::rotfl:

https://wdwnt.com/2024/05/awnings-a...new-sign-installed-on-disneys-boardwalk-dock/
Unfortunately, that’s nothing new 🙁 Posted HERE like a week ago. Someday this year they’ll open. Maybe. 🤣

But there is a new boat dock sign, though, according to that article you posted…

Sign at a boat dock displaying directions to yacht club, beach club, swan and dolphin hotel, and disney's hollywood studios under a sunny sky.
“During our recent visit, crew members were installing a new sign at the BoardWalk’s Friendship dock. The dock was refurbished back in March. The new sign is above the dock’s entrance, attached to the white archway. It has three arrows pointing to each walkway of the dock. The one on the right is labeled for EPCOT. The center is labeled “Exit.””

Lol! I guess I missed it. Sorry to get everyones hopes up that there had been progress 😂
When it comes to these corn dogs there is no disappointment left in the tank...I don't expect them to be any more delicious than ones you can buy in the supermarket and nuke.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this is some psy-ops experiment that Disney is running with the CIA or something. How much patience can people exercise between the opening of a boutique cake shop or a corn dog stand within walking distance of each other?

ok, quick question. We are staying for the second time at BWV in Feb 2025, but this time we will be getting a boardwalk view studio.
I know people say that those BW views are a long walk from the lobby.

Questions:
1. Can I get from BW view studios to the Epcot, Hollywood or the bus stop via a shortcut without having to go to the lobby? If yes, is that shorter distance/time than going via lobby? how do I get there?

2. When you say "long walk" from BW view studios to lobby, how many minutes? 5 min, 10 min Walk? Thanks

ok, quick question. We are staying for the second time at BWV in Feb 2025, but this time we will be getting a boardwalk view studio.

Questions:
1. Can I get from BW view studios to the Epcot, Hollywood or the bus stop via a shortcut without having to go to the lobby? If yes, is that shorter distance/time than going via lobby? how do I get there?

2. When you say "long walk" from BW view studios to lobby, how many minutes? 5 min, 10 min Walk? Thanks
We were in the Crest O’ the Wave building this past summer with a BW view, and we were literally one of the last rooms in the hallway. The view was worth the walk, so it didn’t bother us. Never timed it, but only a couple minutes at most. Depends on how fast you walk.

We were in the Crest O’ the Wave building this past summer with a BW view, and we were literally one of the last rooms in the hallway. The view was worth the walk, so it didn’t bother us. Never timed it, but only a couple minutes at most. Depends on how fast you walk.
oh, that is it? no bad at all. 2-3 extra minutes when you walk miles a day is not a big deal :duck:

Questions:

We had the last BW view studio at the end of the hall at the JellyRolls end … we had no issue with the walk when heading out to the parks … dragging our bags out at the end of our trip kind of sucked but that was our choice rather than use BS … I recall there being stairs at the end that lead outside but not sure which type of room we were in when we used those or where exactly in the building they are …don’t believe those doors can be used as entrances tho …can probably find a building schematic that would tell you that info … HINT: If you like to imbibe bring or buy a bottle of wine or two and some glasses (don’t forget a corkscrew) to enjoy while you sit on the balcony and watch the Epcot fireworks. Makes for a fantastic end of the day!

We had the last BW view studio at the end of the hall at the JellyRolls end … we had no issue with the walk when heading out to the parks … dragging our bags out at the end of our trip kind of sucked but that was our choice rather than use BS … I recall there being stairs at the end that lead outside but not sure which type of room we were in when we used those or where exactly in the building they are …don’t believe those doors can be used as entrances tho …can probably find a building schematic that would tell you that info … HINT: If you like to imbibe bring or buy a bottle of wine or two and some glasses (don’t forget a corkscrew) to enjoy while you sit on the balcony and watch the Epcot fireworks. Makes for a fantastic end of the day!
You can request a corkscrew if it’s not in your room already! No need to bring one. 🙂

Last edited:
You can request a corkscrew! No need to bring one. 🙂
There was definitely a corkscrew in my room...but no bottle opener...thank god I still have one on my keychain (probably since a mid-90s Cancun trip). Made a couple walks to the Speedway for some beer to have at the pool. $13 a six pack is much more reasonable than $10+ for one at Leaping Horse Libations!

Questions:
Yes, you can go down the stairs, although some doors are exit only and some will allow you to re-enter using your MB or room key card. On the BW view wing, there's an exit near Jellyrolls that lets you out onto the activity or croquet lawn (look for the L on the map below) and from there you can walk to DHS or cross the bridge to Swan/Dolphin and catch the boat to DHS there. There's also a stairway toward the other end of the BW view wing, but a bit before you get to the elevators, that lets you out onto the Boardwalk near the store (near the Q on the map), and that's a shortcut to Epcot and the boat dock.
It depends on how far down the corridor your room is, of course, but probably no more than 5 minutes. But when you have blisters on your feet, it seems like hours! :cutie:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter