RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I'm posting pics correctly, but first at tap...
Got here at 4:40am, several bag lines at the time and one extremely long 'no bag' line. Last minute the opened up a few lines around the corner to the right and we went right over and got through in minutes. Held at ticket booth area for a while, then finally let up to tapstyles and been here since....

Attachments

• 20191217_055702.jpg
    20191217_055702.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 123
Got here at 4:40am, several bag lines at the time and one extremely long 'no bag' line. Last minute the opened up a few lines around the corner to the right and we went right over and got through in minutes. Held at ticket booth area for a while, then finally let up to tapstyles and been here since....
I’m so close to you! Few tapstiles over.

Attachments

• AA308C3B-0723-413A-B2F6-A45AA5E4B6B5.jpeg
    AA308C3B-0723-413A-B2F6-A45AA5E4B6B5.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 38

Why did they hold everyone at the ticket booths for a while? Don’t they just normally let you line up at the tapstiles?

Park opened at 6:40 ish for those tracking. Thanks to the advice to go right

I have a res for Grand Floridan cafe at 840am tomorrow. I know I could be pushing it pending what BG I get. Is the quickest way to get to GF from HS is just taking the bus? Or should I drive to the TTC?

I have a res for Grand Floridan cafe at 840am tomorrow. I know I could be pushing it pending what BG I get. Is the quickest way to get to GF from HS is just taking the bus? Or should I drive to the TTC?
I would take an uber or Lyft. Otherwise drive yourself to HS and use your car.

Buses leaving parks for resorts so early in the morning can have long waits and even an odd combination of stops at different resorts.
I once rode in a van with multiple resort stops when leaving a park so early.

We arrived today at 5:45. Approx the same place in line as Sunday (just in front of the planters that are before the ticket windows). But today we went to the far right and tapped in at 6:50 (only 10 minutes after opening instead of 20 on Sunday). MDE showed 2 of us inside right away. DH never showed up after multiple refreshes. After about 3 minutes of trying, we got a CM to scan us in. Got BG 21 at 6:53.

you can self park with a reservation to GF Cafe, you have to leave 2 hours after your reservation time

Why did they hold everyone at the ticket booths for a while? Don’t they just normally let you line up at the tapstiles?

I have no idea why - I've been following this thread for quite some time in preparation for today and dont recall reading about that - but it wasnt more than 10 minutes there.

What is DAH? Thanks!

wasn't sure if anyone answered you already, but I believe that is for Disney After Hours, which are the hard ticket events in the evening when they severly limit the # of tickets and the rides in the respective park are all basically walk on

Now that I have a bit more time, wanted to add that a manager was chatting with us up front before opening and said that they have two main goals right now, which are unfortunately conflicting with each other. One was that they want people to be able to be IN the park at opening - that you paid for a full day ticket, and if you’re there at opening they want you to get in ASAP so you get that full day you paid for.

However, they also don’t want to encourage people to keep showing up earlier and earlier - that it’s not sustainable for the park to keep this up long term. I asked if FP would be a part of that, and he said yes, but that of course there are a lot of variables they have to consider.

Not really “new” information, but I suspect we’re going to start seeing these start times staying closer to opening to discourage us from being way early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter