RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe at their discretion, they do. A man we met all alone the next day in line at Soarin' well into his 70s with some type of devices on his legs said he arrived at HS at 9am only to find out he would not be able to ride RotR. He is retired disabled vet and they allowed him to ride. Obviously they can't do for many, but for someone with perhaps limited opportunities to return again in his lifetime this was a touching move on their part. I might have given my spot up for that man even with the brutal 345am wake up call! For me the ride was awesome but it was the sheer excitement from my usual apathetic teenagers all through the ride I was excited about, that is what I will remember (and the free banana!), the rest of the ride is a bit of a blur :)

Ok but it’s not like they can do this for every guest with small children they don’t want to wake early! The way they are doing it is the only fair way (unless you want standby which I don’t!)

Ok but it’s not like they can do this for every guest with small children they don’t want to wake early! The way they are doing it is the only fair way (unless you want standby which I don’t!)
Unless something's changed since thursday, there is no standby....at least not yet. Must get a boarding group to ride.

So about bag check/security...I’ve seen people saying before bag check is open, people are standing in a long, single file line, then the have everyone break off into separate lines once bag check is open? Do we have to get in that long line? We can’t just line up where we want?

This is seriously stressing me out. Not because I don’t want to get up early or anything, I’m actually kind of looking forward to it, just not knowing what’s going to happen the morning I’ll be there (in 5 days!) is making me anxious!

So about bag check/security...I’ve seen people saying before bag check is open, people are standing in a long, single file line, then the have everyone break off into separate lines once bag check is open? Do we have to get in that long line? We can’t just line up where we want?

This is seriously stressing me out. Not because I don’t want to get up early or anything, I’m actually kind of looking forward to it, just not knowing what’s going to happen the morning I’ll be there (in 5 days!) is making me anxious!
FWIW, my experince on Thrusday 12/12, We got there at 502 am there were two lines waiting for security, one for bags and one for no bags. It was quiet and not chaotic. I do not like big crowds and was worried too about the mania factor, there really was none. At 515 the security line opened and we then lined up in the individual tapstiles. There much longer until 630ish. Kept mostly to a line, some sitting on pavement. A lot of people but not a mob, there was a sense of order. Once gate opened we casually walked through and joined boarding group. No running. It was nothing to be anxious about. Enjoy your morning!

Doubt we’ll see those for a long while. They need to be close to 100% certainty they can keep the ride operational. If they advertise RotR included and it goes down for any substantial part of the evening - I’d expect they’d need to do a lot of refunding.
What is DAH? Thanks!

In my early morning walks over I saw boats and the skyliner also - but from having stayed at a skyliner resort, even if you see the skyliner moving does not mean they are picking up people. It may be running for hours before they start to let passengers board... Also one morning even with it running, they were about ten minutes late letting people on from the declared opening time. So even though I love the skyliner if the timing is close it may not be good to rely on it very early in the morning. Great for getting back though!

I've also seen the boats doing a test run also, where they passed me on the river but did not dock with people at HS, just turned around.
Does the app tell you if the skyliner is running and actually taking passengers.... like it does with bus arrivals? or do you have to walk down there and and check it out for sure that it is moving people? We are at POP next month. Thanks!

Ok so feeling a bit more positive - I'm hoping that getting to HS by 6.45 should get us a boarding group by mid January avoiding Marathon weekends/MLK weekend. (Scheduled park open is 8am for the duration of our trip, but still gutted they have removed morning EMH)

Ok so feeling a bit more positive - I'm hoping that getting to HS by 6.45 should get us a boarding group by mid January avoiding Marathon weekends/MLK weekend. (Scheduled park open is 8am for the duration of our trip, but still gutted they have removed morning EMH)

Hoping it will be quieter for me in January too.

How does it look right now? We should be getting out of Lyft in about 5 minutes.

Is there access to bathroom facilities whilst waiting outside - due to a health condition I can't wait for too long without restroom access.

Can you tell me if the ticket booths are open this early? We unfortunately have to stop by ticketing first. Good luck

Oof good luck. As far as I can tell (were about 20-30 back from the booths) they aren’t open yet. Not sure when they will move to open

Is there access to bathroom facilities whilst waiting outside - due to a health condition I can't wait for too long without restroom access.
2, one next to the guest relations window and one by the skyliner station.
Both are outside the security bubble so you will have to gui back through bag check if you leave your spot to go to the bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter