• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiriggs1---$82-$8844-100-AKV-Feb-0/16, 0/17, 100/18- sent 7/21

Good Luck! If you don't mind me asking, who did you purchase through? I'm looking for AK/100 points as well. Have thought about DVC for years and am now finally starting to look!

You have 10 days to rescind a contract. If you can manage the patience, I'd do that and hold off for what you really want. You'll own it for many years; you don't want to regret buying somewhere other than where you really want (and it's the only way to have a shot at AKV club level from what others have stated.)

It is a seller's market right now, but in a few months there will be a lot more available as it gets close to time to pay dues.

Good luck either way.

This is an exciting thread. Nice to see some of the actual prices that are going forward to Disney versus asking prices. We are planning on trying to buy a contract sometime over the next 12 months or so. We are leaning towards AKL. I can't believe how much the prices have gone up over the past 4 months or so (since we started really watching resale listings). Seems like when we first started looking prices for AKL were in the high 70's to low 80's per point. Now it seems like they are in the 90's to 100's... Do you think these prices will find their way back down late fall/early winter or do you think this is just the new floor for AKL? Thanks, Greg

Probably come down a little when more contracts come in around dues time. It's the usual cycle. We'll see though....

Good Luck! If you don't mind me asking, who did you purchase through? I'm looking for AK/100 points as well. Have thought about DVC for years and am now finally starting to look!

We went through Fidelity. Another great company is The Timeshare Store.

My agent has been on vacation but found out it was taken last week when the deposit to the title company was returned. Confirmed this morning with an other agent in the office. Oh well, back to the search.

jnsma---$88-$4123-40-BRV@WL-Aug-29/15, 40/16, 40/17, 40/18- sent 6/29, taken 7/18

My agent has been on vacation but found out it was taken last week when the deposit to the title company was returned. Confirmed this morning with an other agent in the office. Oh well, back to the search.

jnsma---$88-$4123-40-BRV@WL-Aug-29/15, 40/16, 40/17, 40/18- sent 6/29, taken 7/18

So sorry!! Which broker? It's too bad they didn't set up coverage to alert on ROFR while on vacation.

This is an exciting thread. Nice to see some of the actual prices that are going forward to Disney versus asking prices. We are planning on trying to buy a contract sometime over the next 12 months or so. We are leaning towards AKL. I can't believe how much the prices have gone up over the past 4 months or so (since we started really watching resale listings). Seems like when we first started looking prices for AKL were in the high 70's to low 80's per point. Now it seems like they are in the 90's to 100's... Do you think these prices will find their way back down late fall/early winter or do you think this is just the new floor for AKL? Thanks, Greg

On prices coming down....in regards to BLT they seem to be going up although texaschick123 got a superb deal on a recent contract blowing that theory out of the water. Page 1 of the thread will give you links to earlier ROFR threads where you can read what prices were on contracts.

So sorry!! Which broker? It's too bad they didn't set up coverage to alert on ROFR while on vacation.

It was Fidelity. Someone was covering but probably not paying as close attention. When I asked, they responded quickly.

MaoriWhoLovesDisney---$78-$13738-160-AKV-Mar-0/16, 139/17, 142/18, 160/19-Seller pays MF '17- sent 7/24

Fingers crossed!! First offer on our first contract!

Fingers crossed for you!!! This is very similar to what we will eventually be looking to purchase. Are you able to share where you found this contract? The only ones I am seeing are asking a lot more than $78 PP... Again, good luck!

Good luck! I'm at 14 days and counting with silence so far. It's a tough wait...

I'm at 19, but it's been 29 days since the offer was accepted and it is starting to feel long. I'm trying to prepare myself for a long wait for closing docs even if it does get waived bc everyone has been saying First American is extremely slow right now on another thread here. If it doesn't pass, it'll be a long wait to find another contract with the right points and UY so the finish line doesn't seem very close right now. Lots of waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter