ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hsc3boys---$80-$8635-100-AKV-Feb-0/16, 7/17, 100/18, 100/19-Seller pays MF '17- sent 6/1

Finally we passed Yay!!!
Fidelity had to chase Disney at the end of June, Disney claimed that they had nothing ordered but fidelity had evidence that it was sent on the 1st June. Then Disney discovered an error on there percentage written on the contract I had signed so I had to resign an amendment. Disney then did there best to put it through as quick as possible and we heard on 14th July it had passed. Long wait but worth it (I think!).
Congrats!

hsc3boys---$80-$8635-100-AKV-Feb-0/16, 7/17, 100/18, 100/19-Seller pays MF '17- sent 6/1

Finally we passed Yay!!!
Fidelity had to chase Disney at the end of June, Disney claimed that they had nothing ordered but fidelity had evidence that it was sent on the 1st June. Then Disney discovered an error on there percentage written on the contract I had signed so I had to resign an amendment. Disney then did there best to put it through as quick as possible and we heard on 14th July it had passed. Long wait but worth it (I think!).

That is a crazy ROFR ride! Congrats on passing!! How long did it take between Disney fast tracking it and you getting an answer?

DVC Resale Market has a report that shows 11 of theirs from AKV have been bought back this year, but none in June. There have been some way below market that got snapped up but the others look like they were just trying to match a specific request.

That is a crazy ROFR ride! Congrats on passing!! How long did it take between Disney fast tracking it and you getting an answer?
On The 3rd July Fidelity chased it, on the 6th July they updated me with The fact Disney had said they didn't have it ordered and that Disney had found a Typo. I signed the amendment and sent in back I think on the 7th July and then we got the news on 14th July. Bit mad, but as we already have another contract and don't need the points for a vacation until 2018 it wasn't such a big deal.

So It appears mine was not the only contract Disney lost, does this happen often or is just a recent thing?
Thank you for keeping this thread going, this was the second contract I have bought resale and this has been the best tool on both occasions. It made me confident about the price per point I was paying and it has been really useful to see that my first contract has gone up in value since I bought it in 2015, so I bought this time guilt free!!!

rntamez---$80-$14843-160-AKV-Aug-0/16, 292/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 6/30, taken 7/19

That stinks. I'm sorry. That was a great deal, and I guess they agreed. I also have experience making deals so good that DVD takes them, but stick to your guns. You'll get one through. :)

That stinks. I'm sorry. That was a great deal, and I guess they agreed. I also have experience making deals so good that DVD takes them, but stick to your guns. You'll get one through. :)

I believe that everything happens for a reason and I guess we were not meant to get this, even though I really wanted it. We will see what the future holds.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and I guess we were not meant to get this, even though I really wanted it. We will see what the future holds.

I agree. Our first one that was taken wasn't as good of a deal as the one we got through. The second one that got taken was an amazing deal, but it ended up being more points than we wanted. We had to replace fences, an air conditioner, etc. at the same time as when the 2nd one would've gone through, so we were actually happy that one got taken to free up our liquid cash. We are also firm believers that everything happens for a reason!

I'm sorry! I know that feels terrible, but like @TexasChick123 i have a better contract deal now than I had offered (and not gotten) months ago. I hope it works out for you too.

Sorry, but just submit another offer. Often an even better deal gets waived. It's pretty random from our perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter