ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say fairly likely since there will always be people who want out of contracts, even towards the end. But I can't imagine people wanted to pay top dollar with not a lot of years left. Though it looks like the park resorts retain more value.
The problem with VB & HH will be that they are not next to the parks, short time left on contracts and last but not least high MF's which soon could exceed the cost of a cash booking.

Indeed. All of my models have a fair VB price under $30; some have it underwater.
How? At an ABSOLUTE minimum, you can rent out VB at $18 per point immediately upon closing. A loaded contract is therefore worth at least $36.

Unless you're using inflation assumptions that have dues growing way faster than rental rate per point.

The problem with VB & HH will be that they are not next to the parks, short time left on contracts and last but not least high MF's which soon could exceed the cost of a cash booking.
It doesn't really matter that they're not next to the parks when 7 months availability is plentiful.

How? At an ABSOLUTE minimum, you can rent out VB at $18 per point immediately upon closing. A loaded contract is therefore worth at least $36.

Unless you're using inflation assumptions that have dues growing way faster than rental rate per point.
Which broker pays $18 for VB? And yes, VB dues have inflated at a higher rate than rental prices.

dottieluv22---$106-$11575-100-BWV-Dec-0/22, 0/23, 26/24, 100/25- sent 2/25

Found this one and felt like I had to jump on it as I was looking for BWV and it matched our UY!!
Congrats! Took a long look at this one myself because of the great price and Dec UY. We decided on a 50 point VGF instead. Good luck with ROFR 🙌

Issa joke
I obviously did not think you were implying that they are somehow criminally liable for theft….

I was just wanting to put out there that there is nothing wrong with using a service to market the points, handle the legal docs, and enforce payment with a 3rd party…. although I agree they do not do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Just curious if we ran afoul of a moderation policy. Someone posted a reference to a listing that's out there and I commented that I'm interested. It was pretty vague and also the listing is with the site sponsor. Is that not allowed, because both posts were deleted?

Just curious if we ran afoul of a moderation policy. Someone posted a reference to a listing that's out there and I commented that I'm interested. It was pretty vague and also the listing is with the site sponsor. Is that not allowed, because both posts were deleted?
Not allowed to reference specific listing with any broker…. they don’t want people turning the threads into shills for their own listings by sellers/brokers.

Is there any protections with a broker?
I mean if you got paid already before you put in their name, is there anything beyond that?
Each have their own policy, I don’t want to clog up the ROFR thread with it.

The PP underlying point that you can earn more by renting/transferring yourself is 100% correct.

I just don’t look negatively at the brokers for offering the service and making a profit or look down upon owners that use them.

It only takes one renter to dispute a PayPal transaction with their credit card company….

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter