ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if we ran afoul of a moderation policy. Someone posted a reference to a listing that's out there and I commented that I'm interested. It was pretty vague and also the listing is with the site sponsor. Is that not allowed, because both posts were deleted?

The post with the listing was deleted as well as any that quoted it. The DIS doesn’t allow For Sale posts and there would be no way to know if the person posting is the owner or not.

General information about trends, etc. can be discussed but alerting people to specific listings is not. There are plenty of sites out there that track that information.

Hypothetically, if Disney were to ROFR an Aulani Subsidized contract and then resell those points, would the subsidy still attach for the new (direct) buyer? Or could Disney use ROFR as a way to clear the subsidy off the books?

Nicely versus historical but I still can't get the valuation to work in any of my models. I love Grand Cal but my math always comes back to "just pay cash to stay at Grand Cal."

(Especially if you're a fan of daily housekeeping, as I am.)

I'd be curious to see what kind of valuation you're getting and how it compares to cash stays.

DisAg10---$105-$3597-25-OKW(E)-Dec-50/23, 25/24, 25/25- sent 2/19

Our first dip into membership. This was exactly what we were searching for. A small contract we could pay in full, get us started and allow us to add on direct in smaller point increments.
Congrats on a Perfect small contract. I know you hear a lot about the (very real) addonitis. But I know a number of people with either small contracts, or who have downsized to smaller contracts, who feel the plan to go less often works for their (mental and real) budget. By small, I mean between 25 and 75 points ... which can still be a decent stay if you are banking and borrowing for an every two or three year stay. Sometimes nice to have two different resorts for priority booking too. I always get tricked wanting to add just "one more day" to my calculations lol.

Last edited:
Chia1974---$95-$3328-25-AKV-Aug-0/23, 50/24, 25/25-Seller pays admin fee- sent 2/23

Sale price is $104 but since the seller is paying $225 that brings down the cost.
FWIW -- I personally think this is still a $104 - since that Admin fee by www.fidelityrealestate.com is not a normal industry-wide charge. But at either $95 or $104 for a 25 point - Great deal :) congrats!

View attachment 836967

I've got break-even on a Net Present Value basis coming somewhere around 2053 if you never pay for housekeeping.
WOW. Impressive Chart. Please do not do this for my BWV or VGF lol. Guessing I'd ALSO need to add in a column for my age and that ends badly on a spreadsheet unless the kids can figure out how to use it ;) My adult kids are overwhelmed with Genie+ so I have doubts they are ever going to figure out DVC :(

The only chart I did was an easy Excel Chart for my points x Membership Fees for the full ownership period, with a 5% annual increase. THAT number a few years down the line was substantial enough, it kept me from grabbing more points right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter