ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you find this info? I'd be curious to know about small BRV contracts and would love to know how to seek out this stuff.
From this site

https://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/

See what you can figure out and if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

For BRV in the remarks box you need to enter-VILLAS AT DISNEY S WILDERNESS LODGE .

If I were you I would just start with Disney to get a feel for the site.

You can search all types of documents, but I would start with deeds.

How do you find this info? I'd be curious to know about small BRV contracts and would love to know how to seek out this stuff.
It’s just a matter of figuring out how to search the OC comptroller website. There are some threads about this I think. The deeds sometimes just state the total purchase price and the number of points but otherwise sometimes you have to figure out the purchase price using the “deed doc tax”. For Saratoga, I would put “Saratoga” into the legal description part of the search as I think it’s “Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort”. I don’t know what the legal name for BRV is. You can set your search parameters for certain dates. You could even search Disney but of course that brings up everything. You’ll see that direct purchases have DVD as the grantor and someone as the Grantee, but resale usually just has two names/entities as grantor and grantee.

It’s a bit of a time consuming process.

Also you’ll see that in addition to deeds, mortgages are also posted. And there will also be foreclosures.

After buying my first DVC contract direct from Disney in early January (Riviera), I have come down with a bad case of Add-On-Itis ...

BeachGuy---$152-$37001-220-VGF-Sep-0/22, 48/23, 220/24, 220/25- sent 2/7

BeachGuy---$152-$24930-150-VGF-Sep-0/22, 150/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 2/1

BeachGuy---$142-$31041-200-PVB-Dec-0/22, 204/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 2/5
Second contract now through ROFR …

BeachGuy---$142-$31041-200-PVB-Dec-0/22, 204/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 2/5, passed 2/23

It’s just a matter of figuring out how to search the OC comptroller website. There are some threads about this I think. The deeds sometimes just state the total purchase price and the number of points but otherwise sometimes you have to figure out the purchase price using the “deed doc tax”. For Saratoga, I would put “Saratoga” into the legal description part of the search as I think it’s “Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort”. I don’t know what the legal name for BRV is. You can set your search parameters for certain dates. You could even search Disney but of course that brings up everything. You’ll see that direct purchases have DVD as the grantor and someone as the Grantee, but resale usually just has two names/entities as grantor and grantee.

It’s a bit of a time consuming process.

Also you’ll see that in addition to deeds, mortgages are also posted. And there will also be foreclosures.
If the deed does not state the contract price you divide the deed tax by .007 to get the amount.

What is the difference between the LLC and Inc designation with Disney Vacation Club?
No idea. I never looked into it

From my 40+ years working in Taxation it seems to me that LLCs were pushed because they had less requirements than corporations while providing similar legal protection and were less expensive to set up.

Also subject to different tax requirements

greenefamily---$90-$16498-160-SSR-Sep-320/23, 160/24, 160/25- sent 2/23

Now the waiting begins. I had wanted to spend closer to $85/pt, but since this was fully loaded I thought $90 was a good deal. Was listed at $95 and made an offer at $90 the same day it was listed. Thanks to all who post here so I knew what price was possible!!
It’s a pretty good price. I don’t think Disney will buy it back, because if they do they will also buying mine! 😂😂

greenefamily---$90-$16498-160-SSR-Sep-320/23, 160/24, 160/25- sent 2/23

Now the waiting begins. I had wanted to spend closer to $85/pt, but since this was fully loaded I thought $90 was a good deal. Was listed at $95 and made an offer at $90 the same day it was listed. Thanks to all who post here so I knew what price was possible!!
With 2022 pts included I think that’s a really great price!

The alerts are fine but they aren’t real time. The websites still need time to scan for the latest information so usually by the time I get an alert it’s already gone. The app at least alerts me real time for their sales.

I'd love to use the app, however it's not updated at all for Android so my phone can't utilize the app.

Nice, and welcome to the club! You did well at $85/point. I paid $125 for a 160 SSR contact in 2021; glad I don't need to get rid of it! You are taking advantage of a great time to buy resale. Enjoy SSR, it's a beautiful resort, especially after the new renovations.
Thank you! I’m so excited to be a part of the club. I credit this thread for making me realize it was possible to get it at that price! 😆

Lorana---$250-$44648-170-VGC-Oct-170/23, 170/24, 170/25- sent 1/15, passed 2/2

Lorana (seller)---$309-$9106-27-VGC-Oct-0/23, 10/24, 27/25- sent 1/27, passed 2/14
@Lorana
Great deal, & swap... Where did you sell the 27pt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter