Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

stepdisney

Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Hello all. Two years ago, we began a thread for all who change their resorts over and over again. (and those who call and threaten to change whenever they read something about another resort). We call it resort changeritis :sick:.
It is an illness and the only cure is to rationalize with others who enjoy (oh, I mean suffer from) resort changing.

Our most recent trip was August/September of this year. We stayed at AKL and booked bounceback for next year, same time. Originally, I booked BC. This after researching Poly, GF and CR before I left home, preparing to book Poly. :scared1: and.....we're off........

Since then, I have changed from BC to SSR and just yesterday I changed to OKW.... all since September :scared: :sick:

Those who understand, come join me. We have until our 40 day limit to change, change, change....Cha Cha Cha Changes....

Oh, by the way, has anyone stayed at OKW and SSR?? Which one did you prefer???....

This is a safe place for all.....don't be ashamed, admitting your weaknesses is the first step...:grouphug:

I made my reservation in may and have not changed. I have been to WDW many, many times and have never held more then 1 reservation and have never changed afer initial reservation. Guess there are some of us who make up our mind and stay with it.

I confess, this time I was a resort changer. Oh the shame! Let me preface by saying that we love the GF. WHen I first booked our November trip it was not available, we booked WL. Then decided to take DDs BFF, bumping our group up to five, had to change to the BC. Not happy but okay. Then on Sunday I discovered availability at the Poly for <$4 more, so we changed. Yesterday theGF comes up, yep, we changed again. NOw, DH is happy, and if he's happy everyone's happy!

I made my reservation in may and have not changed. I have been to WDW many, many times and have never held more then 1 reservation and have never changed afer initial reservation. Guess there are some of us who make up our mind and stay with it.

I never hold more than one reservation. I am sure there are some who make up there minds and stick with it. Hope I didn't imply otherwise. YOU, my friend are our hero ;) .

So many resorts, so little time....

I confess, this time I was a resort changer. Oh the shame! Let me preface by saying that we love the GF. WHen I first booked our November trip it was not available, we booked WL. Then decided to take DDs BFF, bumping our group up to five, had to change to the BC. Not happy but okay. Then on Sunday I discovered availability at the Poly for <$4 more, so we changed. Yesterday theGF comes up, yep, we changed again. NOw, DH is happy, and if he's happy everyone's happy!

Yup, you've got it :sick:. You are so right. if DH is happy, that usually settles it. My DH usually says "step away from the computer" especially when I start looking at resort's and options and discounts and availability.....:sick: The GF seems dreamy. I did so much research before we left in Aug. but ended up at BC (initially) because my DS likes Epcot so much and we visited the resort....(having a second thought moment.....HELP):scared1:

I've often felt like the queen of the resort changers.

We leave in one week for our "surprise" trip. I originally booked CBR, then switched to BWI, changed to POR, switched back to BWI and finally an AP rate opened up at YC (one of our favorites).

Our trip last summer was a Grand Gathering. We went from CBR, to WL, to YC to BC.

Right now we have a Feb. trip booked at CBR but will change if a good AP rate comes up.

We also have a two week July trip booked for the GF. However, now DH says he does want to do a split stay again (which he said he did not want to do) so I will be changing it soon to a YC/BC split with either GF or Poly. The kids and DH are re-thinking GF and might want to change back to the Polynesian. Of course everything could change again once (hopefully) AP rates come out.

My mother always says she never knows what resort we'll actually be staying at until I get the ME tags!

I changed one time last year from CBR to POR. We loved POR by the way. This last trip I changed a very embarrassing number of times. :rolleyes1

Face it, I am your Queen! Bow to me fellow Resort Changers! :lmao:

All kidding aside, I am not changing for our trip next August. I have finally booked Poly and am sticking with it. It's my dream resort, and I can hardly wait to get there! I am going to change from Club Level to a regular Garden View though.... well, maybe :)

For our upcoming trip, I originally booked the Contemporary Resort Garden Wing.

Then I decided we wanted to be in the Tower so we booked a Bay Lake Tower room.

Then I decided maybe we would stay at the YC because my dad stayed there at a conference, but there was no availability.

Then I decided the Tower Room probably wouldn't be worth the money, so I switched back to a Garden Wing room.

FINALLY, I noticed that there was availability at the Poly, our dream resort, so I booked that.

I have a few months to go still, but I think I've made my decision!!!:rotfl:

I am so sorry to hear that your "Condition" has resurfaced, I truly thought you were cured.
While I have no idea what it must be like not to be able to choose one resort, and have it booked for at least a week or so, then change, and change again......
I would go for SSR having stayed at both OKW and SSR, just my preference.

Ok, I am actually trying to keep a straight face typing this! LOL
I did again this last stay for F & W!! At the very last minute!!!!!
Oh, this is going to be fun...Confessions of the Resort Changers...Deux!!!

I am joining in stepdisney as I have to find something non DVC (out of points til 4/1) for DD11 bday trip!!!
Let the fun begin!!!!!
if it wasnt PEAK season, (darn) when we plan to go, I would go for BC! LOL
Hope that helps!

I've changed once since making the reservation from a moderate to a value. And unless times change and my business picks up we'll be staying at a value. It actually doesn't really bother me:) As long as I can go to Disney, I'm happy. The last trip I went overboard and changed about 7 times...I won't do that again.

I am so sorry to hear that your "Condition" has resurfaced, I truly thought you were cured.
While I have no idea what it must be like not to be able to choose one resort, and have it booked for at least a week or so, then change, and change again......
I would go for SSR having stayed at both OKW and SSR, just my preference.

Ok, I am actually trying to keep a straight face typing this! LOL
I did again this last stay for F & W!! At the very last minute!!!!!
Oh, this is going to be fun...Confessions of the Resort Changers...Deux!!!

I am joining in stepdisney as I have to find something non DVC (out of points til 4/1) for DD11 bday trip!!!
Let the fun begin!!!!!
if it wasnt PEAK season, (darn) when we plan to go, I would go for BC! LOL
Hope that helps!

:scared1: :scared: :faint:

I laughed until I had tears in my eyes when I read your post!! You KNOW that I had you and Ktink in mind when I started this thread. I can't believe that I have changed so many times already!!! Where will you begin? I was too embarrassed to change my ticker yet! (Failure to commit) :rotfl2: I was going to call it confessions part II!!!! I couldn't find the link to the original confessions thread. I was going to add the link.

Kaffinito, I think you have stiff competition here. You're in good company :grouphug: .

I've changed once since making the reservation from a moderate to a value. And unless times change and my business picks up we'll be staying at a value. It actually doesn't really bother me:) As long as I can go to Disney, I'm happy. The last trip I went overboard and changed about 7 times...I won't do that again.

I thought about changing to CSR because they now have queen beds. My DS (8) and DS (14) need room or we won't get any sleep. If we book a value, we will need 2 rooms and it will cost more than a moderate. Right now, we booked the free dining bounceback and they offered us 30% discount at OKW or SSR which made the switch from BC VERY nice in the savings department.

(wow, 7 times......never say WON'T CHANGE ANYMORE, its the resort changers motto)

I actually feel a little ashamed, I have put poor Sue Ellen (with Dreams)through the ringer this week. What's funny though is she knows how my DH is soooooo well. WHen she handled this last change over to the GF for me yesterday her email said "Jeff's going to get the GF after all, huh?" :rotfl: :lmao:

He says every trip that if it was left up to him we would always stay at GF, he is very fond of that lobby in the evening :goodvibes:
I guess it's a good thing that he never sees how much these trips cost, huh?

Now that I'm finally where we want to be I think everything is set, unless I decide to start changing ADRs.............:lmao:

Only seven? Wow, you must be slipping! You'll have to change more than that if you want to keep up with the big dogs! :rotfl:

I haven't booked so I can't officially join the club... but I think I have officially settled on no less than 4 resorts. First we were going to the POR... and although beautiful and I am sure a great resort, I live in the bayous of LA so not my first choice in a mod, but we are 5. Then DH worked a bunch of overtime so now we can afford Deluxe, that is when it got sticky. First I said great, we will stay at the Yacht Club, then I youtubed the pool and saw my children getting lost, plus, I really wanted a monorail resort. So on to the Contemporary. Really cool place. Liked it, but didn't quite fit. I had to shell out the big bucks to stay where I wanted to. So, back to Epcot, my fave park, and to the Boardwalk Inn. No, kids are young, I need a monorail so on to consider the GF, CR, and Poly. Then I decided to pretend we were staying at each one for a few days and see what I was feeling. GF, never felt right. Although beautiful, I could totally see it if I were blessed with princesses instead of pirates, so no. CR, great, but we are going in the summer and there is just no shade. This is a dream resort of mine, perhaps one day when it is just DH and I and we can go in the cooler months. So then the Poly. That one feels right so that is where we are going to stay, sure I have a few minor issues, but all can be satisfied so... I am months away from being able to make the ressie. Once it is made, I wouldn't have the nerve to change it however.

I'm with you. We don't change either. We've booked CSR the last three years while at Disney and have never even considered changing. Some would say we are stuck in a rut...we like to think of it as "why mess with a good thing?"

I'm with you. We don't change either. We've booked CSR the last three years while at Disney and have never even considered changing. Some would say we are stuck in a rut...we like to think of it as "why mess with a good thing?"

Reading your reviews of CSR made me want CSR this year. You brought out the resort changer in me. (you are an accomplice). :lmao:

I originally booked 3 nights CR and 3 nights CSR ( we couldn't get Poly at all). We went down in May to do Discovery Cove and couldn't stay away from disney soooo we took a ride around the resorts....I came home and cancelled CSR and went with BC/CR. Then Poly became available for the 3 nights we had CR, so we took Poly instead. So we were at Poly/BC. I decided I was just going to LOVE LOVe BC. Was excited in fact! Booked all the ADRs, looked at all the reviews of the BC and pictures and couldn't wait. DH was not happy about having to change resorts, Ds wanted to stay at CR, but me...I was happy.......until......we got that free dining offer from Visa for the week after and changed not only resorts, but the dates too! The TA I used (AAA for the room discount at first) probably can't wait until we are boarding the plane so I won't call her anymore lol She even called me her "problem child"! So the final (maybe!!!) plans are CR garden wing 12/14 to 12/20. DH is happy not to have to change resorts...DS is happy to be staying at CR.....but I am still secretly wishing we were staying at Poly. I am sturggling each day to not call and make the change! In 15 days I will have to pay the rest of the trip off and then I won't make any changes, but 15 days is a little long from now to make any promises! :santa: :cheer2: :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter