Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

I had to cancel all my ADRs even my coveted CRT breakfast which we had never done. Now I can't get it for my dates. I have put my name on the spreadsheet and have called about each day but no luck. I have been able to get some others (not my first choices) but I think I am ok with the ADRs we have. Send me some pixie dust for the CRT ADR that I want so bad! thanks!!:santa:

I never would have considered changing plans back when this whole process..In February I confidently booked our entire 7 night stay at the Poly. Enter the lure of a low rate at the ASMo (yes, I know, not comparable, but when you think about 2 nights saving you $500, you can do crazy things)...Then I read some bad reviews and then was able to snag the two nights at the Yacht Club. After thinking about my schedule, ADRs etc, I decided that YC made more sense than the Poly for the majority of our trip....so, now we have 5 nights at the YC and 2 at the Poly. I think I'm done, maybe.....:lmao:

This is a new affliction for me. Our last trip to the world, I had booked it in May, traveled in September, stayed at Poly and didn't change any ADRs. And we had a great time too! I hadn't even planned anything other than what park, what day and a few ADRs. That was our first family trip to Dis and minimal planning and we pretty much did most of what we wanted in the time alloted aside from the rainy rainy days and nights ( it was a September trip) anyway, that's my story!!:rotfl: :wizard: :santa: popcorn::

Love reading these posts!!! Thanks for starting this again:)
My most changes occurred last year for our Aug/Sept trip..I even changed the package type in there once too, from free dining to a room discount..I think I changed..um, let me count, may need 2 hands..lol,including room types and resorts....8!!!! We ended up at the Yacht Club...club level! Loved it!

I've got it BAD!!:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Not only have we changed resorts, we've also changed months!!! LOL!

We've only ever stayed at POR, but dream of staying at many other resorts and that is where the "problem" comes in.....!!

Originally booked for October - WL

Then, changed to split stay between Contemporary Tower MK View and Poly

Changed trip to November - BC

Have been waffling back and forth if we should switch to GF or even do a short split stay between BC and GF

We just decided late today to stick with the BC for all five nights and we are very happy with our decision!:thumbsup2

We are hoping to return next November for our 20th wedding anniversary, so, as soon as this upcoming trip is completed, I will begin planning our next visit. I'd love to stay at GF next time, especially for such a special trip, but we'll have to see how we like the BC first. If we love it, we may decide to stay in a villa next year to have extra space.

We'd also love to return to POR one day soon, too, because we truly love it there!:love:

Hello all. Two years ago, we began a thread for all who change their resorts over and over again. (and those who call and threaten to change whenever they read something about another resort). We call it resort changeritis :sick:.
It is an illness and the only cure is to rationalize with others who enjoy (oh, I mean suffer from) resort changing.
Oh, by the way, has anyone stayed at OKW and SSR?? Which one did you prefer???....

This is a safe place for all.....don't be ashamed, admitting your weaknesses is the first step...:grouphug:

lmao: There was a thread a while back and we called the disease:
didichoosetherightresortophobia.

I hate to tell you this but we didn't like SSR at all. It's attractive but that's the only thing that we liked.

Now that I'm finally where we want to be I think everything is set, unless I decide to start changing ADRs.............:lmao:

:rotfl: Don't think!!!!! That's what gets us into trouble!!

My story:
The travellers: My 14 yo daughter, her friend, my daughter's nanny, her son, and me.

I booked 2 rooms at CSR and I was perfectly happy until....

Wow, Wilderness Lodge is really beautiful, so I cancelled CSR and booked 2 rooms at WL. I was perfectly happy until....

Club level? By all means, I had to get club level. I called every day and was able to book 5 of the 7 nights. Was that good enough? No.

Relentessly, I pursued club level. One day while playing with the dates what should come up but the Yellowstone suite, club level. Hmmmm.

So, I called CRO and changed to 3 nights standard room club level and 4 nights Yellowstone suite. :yay: :yay: Then.....

Our reservation is close to Christmas and I really should use that money to buy Christmas presents. Sooooo.....

Back to 2 CSR rooms. But what if......

we want to all get together in 1 space to watch a movie. :idea: DVC.....

I booked a 2 bd at OKW. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Now, do I only have the resort disease at WDW? Silly question..

I had 2 rooms booked at the Royal Pacific. Again, I thought we might want to watch a movie together, so I booked the Hospitality suite with an extra bedroom.

This must have happened over the course of several months, right.
shakehead.gif
This all happened within the last week.

Ok. I admit it. I lied when I said I didn't want to switch resorts from the Poly to somewhere else.

*sigh* Every day I get online and look at the prices and availability for CR, AKL and Poly. Mind you, I've booked Poly already, so I have no clue why I keep looking up the prices for a trip I have already booked! (Although I strongly suspect is has something to do with the room locations at CL vs the room locations at Tahiti, Samoa, and Fiji.) :badpc:

I am soooo pathetic!

Love this thread, BTW :goodvibes

I'm not a habitual changer, but I am a habitual checker/wannabe changer. LOL. For our upcoming December trip, I have changed from the Poly to WL to PO-R. This is all in the name of money. I figured I could do so much more w/ the extra cash I'd save. For our January trip, we booked AKL, and so far, it's stayed that way.

However, that doesn't stop me from checking Disney and AAA for lower rates. I think if we'd booked a package rather than room only through AAA, I would have changed more.

I thought about changing to CSR because they now have queen beds. My DS (8) and DS (14) need room or we won't get any sleep. If we book a value, we will need 2 rooms and it will cost more than a moderate. Right now, we booked the free dining bounceback and they offered us 30% discount at OKW or SSR which made the switch from BC VERY nice in the savings department.

(wow, 7 times......never say WON'T CHANGE ANYMORE, its the resort changers motto)

Ack....I know. DD is really pushing AS Music, DS is pushing AS Sports. We aren't leaving until next August, I don't want to think about changing again!

I will not even include a resort in my ticker anymore, its embarrassing to change it over and over! LOL Still have not put mine back yet for my next trip! lol All depends on those AP rates, anyone know when they will come out for the end of Feb, beginning of March?
Either Pop or a MOD..lol..POFQ?.....CBR?....CSR?.......

I am beyond help.Dh ssays Im a sick person lol.I don't even want to mention my rebookings..haha This trip I refuse to book until I know for sure whether it will be..BC/YC,BWI,WL.POLY.POR,CR or CS lolololololol:rotfl:

Ok. I admit it. I lied when I said I didn't want to switch resorts from the Poly to somewhere else.

*sigh* Every day I get online and look at the prices and availability for CR, AKL and Poly. Mind you, I've booked Poly already, so I have no clue why I keep looking up the prices for a trip I have already booked! (Although I strongly suspect is has something to do with the room locations at CL vs the room locations at Tahiti, Samoa, and Fiji.) :badpc:

I am soooo pathetic!

Love this thread, BTW :goodvibes

Lying about wanting to change.....oh my, you have it bad. :lmao: Remember, you are among friends..just let go. We knew you were trying to be strong. What you can do when you feel like changing is go over to the web site, change resorts on the computer and then bail out at the very end. It's ALMOST like changing resorts.:goodvibes

I had to cancel all my ADRs even my coveted CRT breakfast which we had never done. Now I can't get it for my dates. I have put my name on the spreadsheet and have called about each day but no luck. I have been able to get some others (not my first choices) but I think I am ok with the ADRs we have. Send me some pixie dust for the CRT ADR that I want so bad! thanks!!:santa:

pixiedust: pixiedust:

Double Pixie Dust to you!!!

I did the same thing in August. I canceled Ohana and couldn't stand the idea of going to Disney without going to Ohana and tried to rebook. (yes....changing ADR's means that you have advanced stages of changitis) I called every day and finally got a 9:30 time which I kept. Call every day, 3 times per day and check the ADR cancellation thread.

This thread has me hysterical laughing! I forgot to subscribe so I am glad that it didn't take too long to find it again. Thanks for the Pixie dust!! I have ramped up the calling to the Disney dining line and am hoping that at the 45 day mark, my hard work will pay off! I also have posted on the ADR spreadsheet but I think there is a request before mine for the dates I need. I am now considering adding the hopper option to open up a few more days that week that I can check. I have done the online reservation only to back out at the last minute but now that I "think" I am going to keep CR, I have found myself more than once doing the online res just to see what the price of CR is with the dining plan just to keep seeing how much money I have saved getting free dining! Can this be part of the same "itis" or is there another name for this one?? I really am relieved and happy even that there are others out there like me and I no longer have to feel ashamed lololol :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :santa:

I am a member of this club and I am proud of it!!!!

We are going to MVMCP on Nov 21. We were only going to be at DW one night. I booked POP because we wouldn't be there for too long. Well, I changed to WL 'cuz I love it there! Then about two weeks later, I changed from a woods view to a courtyard view with bunkbeds. Then I called back when the discount codes came out and had to change back to woods view. About a week later, after reading some discount code threads.....I called back and found out that POP was only $59 a night, so I changed back for one night. Two days later, dh and I were talking and we booked one more night at that rate. :rolleyes1

I guess I have now found my kind - ah, kindreds spirits. Not only have I changed dates, resorts, but now I keep changing my ADR's :lmao: My kids keep wondering how much time it takes to plan a trip to Disney - little do they know :sick:!

Add me to the club! I over-analyze everything and worry about the tiniest little things and am very indecisive so this has been a journey already and our trip isn't even until next year! Travelers: DH, myself, DS 12 yrs old and DD 19 months old.

We began with a ressie at ASMu fam suite, I liked the seperate bedroom w/queen bed, the 2 bathrooms and the kitchenette. We weighed pros and cons and decided to either drop to a regular room at ASMu or choose a mod. Our ASMu suite ressie was $2250 for 10 nights WITH AAA discount. So I researched and researched (and probably bugged a few people on the CSR threads too) but I chose CSR because it's beautiful and none of the other mods appeal to me. CSR is currently getting queen beds in all guest rooms and soon will renovate all the rooms. Now I'm back to being unsure about the spread out nature of the resort and the possibility that we'd get put into a room waaaay far away from the pool or food court. I will definitely be faxing our requests BUT we have bad luck when it comes to room requests as in, we never get them. The pros to me are the queen beds and renovated rooms but there is also a chance we won't even get one of the renovated rooms anyway so that widdles the the pros list down. Our CSR ressie is for a reg room, $1644 for 10 nights using our AAA discount. ($600 savings on the fam suite, woo-hoo!)

Now I'm considering just a preferred room at ASMU, we'd save an extra $500, be close to the pool/food court and we actually like the all stars theming. I don't know, I'm not switching just yet but I'm wavering at the moment. Decisions, decisions.

Patty, I don't know if this helps but we were in Casitas 5 and Ranchos 7A at different times. The walk to either the Pepper Market or the Dig Site is beautiful. I honestly don't understand why people complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter